Pestilence (RP topic)

A series of hissing and clicking noises could be heard from every direction, as well as whispering being muttered in some dead ancient language. It could he roughly translated into something like “death”.

Arkan looks around, trying to use his Arcane Eye to determine their locations in the room.

He would see bright red eyes emanating from a contrastingly dark corner in the back of the room.

He would face it. “Show yourself, coward.” He growls.

After a brief pause, the shade lunged at Arkan in a blurring speed.

The Abjuration circle Arkan had casted and was using as a shield would block the blast, and he would then bash it towards the shade.

The shade hissed as it was knocked back, and swiped its skeletal claws at Arkan’s face.

Æhnyir watches Arkan and speaks,
Erit anima mea voluntate quantum miraculo venti.
Arkan would feel lighter and more agile.

Arkan would block it again, but the shield would start to waver. He would rush in and try to slam into the beast again.

The shade was knocked in the chest, falling back before lunging back up and attempting to bit Arkan with it’s dead, shadowy teeth.

The shield had wavered to an end, so Arkan instead blocked with his own left arm, grunting as he does, but the arm blocking the bite fairly well. He starts drawing a new symbol in the air with his right hand.

The shade lay on the ground, stunned for just long enough for Arkan to be able to complete whatever spell he is about to cast.

He finishes his Conjuration spell, a circle appearing in front of his left hand in red, fire shooting out from it, at the shade.

The shade hissed in pain, screaming as it dissipated into streams of shadow which then soaked into the floor.

Hydronicus was visibly shaken by what he had seen.

Arkan ceases his flame before he can do more damage to the surrounding room, and stamps out the flames he did start, the bandage around his left arm having become slighly loose, almost able to be seen under. “What. Was that.” Arkan asked.

Æhnyir shrugs.
“It seemed to be a type of spirit, though one I am a bit unfamiliar with. Though considering it had physical properties that does limit our guesses.”

“I don’t recall seeing any Fay like that.” He says. “So I’m also at a loss.”

“There’s more to spirits than just the fay. The fay are just a subset of a larger collection of powerful spirits. Since it is one that you are unfamiliar with than we can most likely assume that it originates elsewhere.”

“I know this.” He snaps. “It’s just that the denizens of Tír Na nÓg are what I know best, so they are what I feel qualified to speak of.”

Æhnyir smiles,
“I guess that’s a touchy subject.”
He walks around,
“Inquiry; how did my spellbinding affect you? Was it useful?”