Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

If that really has any credbility to it, it can’t be exactly that. There’s (almost) no way.

1 Like

nope

nuh uh

never

no

6 Likes

That doesn’t seem like it’s a real word. BIONICLE sounds like a real word. NinjaGo sounds like a real word. Chima sounds like a real word.

How is 'Voloctoreb" even pronounced?

Volo-c-toreb?
Vo-loc-tor-eb?
V-oloc-tor-eb?

If you really have to think about how a name is pronounced then it’s not good marketing, and I doubt LEGO would go for it.

10 Likes

I agree with all of this, except for one thing - BIONICLE does not sound like a real word. And there are plenty of people who have wondered how to pronounce it. Sure, we might feel differently, but I suspect that that’s because we’ve spent years thinking about Bionicle.

6 Likes

Tin-foil hat time

The Mouse told Lego to kill G2 so it didn’t compete with Star Wars Constraction.

It’s been two years since the line’s debut, and we’ve already looped back around to Vader and a Fett, and smaller waves, which could mean the line is running low on new material.

Maybe Lego is preparing a new Constraction theme to test it’s viability once The Mouse is satisfied and ends the Star Wars Constraction line.

Maybe these leaks are that, maybe these leaks are fake, but Lego could still be working on something, whether these are real or not.

11 Likes

Bit late on that one. I came up with that theory a few hours after G2 got canned back in July of 2016. :joy:

5 Likes

I also want to point out that this “leak”, if backed by legitimate evidence, is unlikely to be coming from a straight-up retailer catalog; it’s something more internal than that. Few retailers, if any, are going to have access to this; nah, I would make the guess that this is some kind of early, preliminary promotional material. In addition to the very real possibility that “Voloctoreb” is a foreign-language version of something else, it’s important to remember that TLG codenamed G1 “Woo-Doo Heads” back in the late nineties. Looking at that, this doesn’t immediately seem too implausible.

That said, I still haven’t heard from a trusted source yet, so I’m holding off on this one for the time being.

1 Like

Oh, I know it isn’t a new theory, I just wanted to mention it again so others can think about it.

4 Likes

G1 wasn’t codenamed voodoo heads, that was the original theme that was reworked into bionicle,
From what I remember.

Regardless voloctoreb sounds outlandishly fake.

5 Likes

Nah; that was a “codename”, insofar as it would never be considered for production. It was a working title, similar to the names that Lucas used when drafting what would eventually become ANH; stuff like “The Adventures of Luke Starkiller” and “The Journal of the Whills”. All of the materials drafted for “Woo-Doo Heads” or Voodoo Heads" are noticeably very rough and unfinished; some of the videos that Faber put up on his blog go into that.

Additionally, I mentioned “Woo-Doo Heads”. “Voodoo Heads” was a different stage.

1 Like

Alright, happy to be corrected.

Voloctoreb can only be a working title or fake, and I’m erring on the side of fake personally, it just sounds too gibberish for me.

1 Like

Oh, I agree. Even so, I felt like playing devil’s advocate, y’know. We could be wrong, I guess, but it does seem like a pretty huge stretch. I’m not sure if this topic should even stay open; however, I’ll leave that to the mods.

1 Like

so what could that name mean if it’s just a placeholder?

1 Like

|Crazy Speculation Mode|

• It could mean nothing - it’s false information proffered by a deceptive fellow.
  • It could be a foreign translation of a real-world term, or something along the lines of a real world term, like the faux terms “ThrowBots” or “Roborider”.
  • It could be a misspelling of a working title like “Velocitorbot” or something, like speed…?

In all solemn seriousness, though, I suspect that it is not a legitimate lead.

2 Likes

sounds more like a possible throwbots reboot, just a hunch though

2 Likes

I mean, you’re free to speculate if you’d like.

So, where are folks hearing this name?

1 Like

so since nexo knights is getting cancelled early, i guess that means this new theme is likely it’s successor since it’s gonna have a tv show

Is it? Nexo Knights launched in 2016, right? 2016, 2017, and then winter 2018. That’s the exact same amount of waves that NinjaGo had until it got unprecedentedly continued. It follows the 3 year life span that LEGO uses for it’s themes.

3 Likes

chima had more waves than nexo knights

I’m glad that you’re excited man, but all of these things are “ifs”.

Yeah, this is pretty spot-on; if anything, Nexo Knights lasted longer by getting five waves of kits.

And yeah, LoC saw a few more waves; however, that was during the earlier years of the decade, when TLG was still messing around trying to find the next story theme to be a smash hit á la G1. I mean, that’s my current theory.

It was Ninjago.

3 Likes