Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

Just make the Toa all big-figs. Problem solved.

~W12~

1 Like

IMO Big Figs should stay for titan-like characters, like Axonn and stuff.

1 Like

Not the point man, it was a general statement.

Why would you think that? Ninjago had its share or problems that can be corrected (heck thats what they are doing for some aspects in the movie thats coming up).

Also…Ninjago is succesful, we should actually see what makes it succesful so as to make Brickonicle succesful…this wont mean it will be a copy like it, you can still make something work with similar elements as the other thing, but make it feel like its something completely different…its like taking aspects from the Heroes Journey that resonate with each civilization and culture, but updating it to newer generations and their way of seeing the world.

MAxi Fiiiigs,where you at!?

no… no i don’t think that would work. i think LEGO would just make him a Axl figure instead.

so? DC and Marvel Super Heroes both have a large number of Big figs. Why would they not make Axonn another Axl figure, especially when a Axonn big fig would most likely look really ugly.

But we already have that for Onua, remember?

Also, making Axonn into another Axl seems kinda cheap doesn’t it?

But this is bionicle not ninjago, so shouldn’t we draw from bionicle, not ninjago?

If you want a BIONICLE system theme but not through a BIONICLE lense, then take out what is BIONICLE about it. And then you have Ninjago.

So you made a general statement about… nothing? About something I wasn’t doing, then? You aren’t making any sense.

3 Likes

Axonn should be a Maxi Fig.

If I wasnt commenting to you then it was about nothing , clearly it was stated at you and your delibrate intent to only state one side of a much larger discussion. This doesnt need to refer to one example, You have already made enough examples for me to make a general view of how you defend your arguments.

Wait, didnt the small smiley face not indicate to you that it wasnt for serious…or wasnt it the sarcastic jab not enough…do you actually take exagerations like those seriously as valid statements agianst someones argument?

You’re extreme exaggerations and sarcastic jabs are making it extremely difficult to take your argument seriously.

5 Likes

Because of the name. The motif. Kids would think Axonn is just Axl with new paint. Both use axes, both are strong, have the same torso etc.

It should be different.

Or Avatar: The Last Airbender. Or Captain Planet. Or any other property that uses elements as powers. BIONICLE- BIOlogical cronICLE. The bio mechanical organisms is what helps make BIONICLE what it is.

2 Likes

It absolutely does need to refer to one example, otherwise it’s baseless. So show me an example. Let me see what you mean.

Also, if I’m only bring up one side of something in a debate, who does it fall upon to bring up the other side? Whoever I’m debating. In that case, that responsibility falls on you, and you have failed in that regard.

3 Likes

I though it was about the Giant robot that was an analogy to the writters medical problems which were then integrated into the story of the first generation, having all the characters be part of the one giant organism which made it all one giant Cronicle of the Giant Robots Biology and what was going on to make it heal…though that was mostly ruined when they expanded the story for more years than it should have which is why the name Bionicle kinda lost its meaning most of the time.

Making Axonn a big fig really would not help though.

maybe having him be ither a large robot or a minifig inside of a mech suit would work better.

so were does the “size = power” part come from then? Because that is not as much of an important part as people make it out to be. i think the only way it worked was in G1 when it had the hole biology metaphors with Mata Nui’s body going for it.

You’re only seeing a slice of what BIONICLE really was though. A small, small slice.

I wouldn’t mind a build-able Axonn, actually.

1 Like

Now this here is an interesting aspect of this entire discussion that I find really fascinating, and I do want to delve into it more in the future. It seems like a great discussion point.

2 Likes

And the robots are part of that. What do G1 and G2 have in common? Robots. There wasn’t a giant Mata Nui robot for them all to be in (as far as we know), so the robots are obviously a part of what make BIONICLE, BIONICLE.

But they are not robots.

well they are in a way. just part biological.

it would be like if you became a cyborg, you would be part robot.

1 Like

Cyborgs, robots, bio-mechanical beings, whatever. You get the idea.