Something Crazy (RP topic)

Vlad and Athena sat down.

Charity sits down, as does Jeffrey after marveling at the view for a moment.

Mokuzai leans on a char close to him
Isabella sits in a chair crossing her legs

Lariko sits down, nervous. “This can’t be good…”

The woman smiles. “Don’t worry; I’m not going to hurt you.”

“I trust you even less”

The woman continues smiling.

“Please don’t kill me, I’m allergic to death”

Lucas sits and finishes his granola bar. ‘This should be interesting.’

Lariko took out his phone and set it to record and set it in his suit pocket.

Bailey sits down

Arthur shuts the outside door and rushes up the stairway after them, sitting down in a chair.

Time to see what’s what.

Mokuzai pulls out his phone as he leans against the chair. He mutters quietly “SoN of a gun. Why do you keep texting me.”

IC: Raphael sits in one of the seats, looking at the one and his pocket watch.

“So…are you going to tell us what this is all about?”

1 Like

Mokuzai texts on his phone as he awkwardly feels left out because he’s the only one stand and leaning on a chair

1 Like

The woman looks around the room. “Well, it appears all of you are here; I suppose he will.” She steps out of the room, closing the door behind her. For a moment, there is silence.

“Welcome.” It’s a deep, masculine-sounding voice, with no apparent source. “Thank you all for joining me today. I understand my letter was vague; and necessarily so. This isn’t something that I want to be spread across the city. But I assure you, your presence here will be worthwhile. For I wish to share something with you. I cannot express how excited I am, to finally begin revealing my discoveries with the world around me. For generations, humanity has dreamt about making a discovery… ah, I apologize; I have a tendency to be long-winded.”

“I have chosen you to be some of the first to travel to a world beyond our own.” He pauses for a moment to let that sink in. “This is not a hoax. Nor, as far as I know, is it a conspiracy. No secret organizations shall be hunting you down for what you’ve learned today. In all honesty, there are very few strings attached.”

“My request of you is simple: step through the door in the far corner of the room. Meet with my associates on the far side, and experience all of the wonder that such an opportunity presents. Once you’ve had your fill, return through the door and tell me of what you’ve experienced. You will be free to make multiple journeys, if you so desire, or you may leave it at one. But would I be correct in assuming that none of you could walk away without experiencing this at least once?” The question hangs in the air.

Arthur raises his hand.

“Excuse me, but… what? Like, are you saying Narnia is on the other side of the door, or have we stumbled into some weird drug ring?”

Jeffrey looks around for hidden cameras.

“Do you have any other information on this other world?” Charity skeptically asks.

The voice sighs. “Children these days. Yes, I have information on the island beyond the door. As I said, two of my associates have been there and back, multiple times.”

IC: Raphael rises to his feet, clutching his watch in one hand almost reflexively, and looking around futilely for the source of the voice.

“:Who…who are you? Why are you offering us this?”