Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

Boy, it’s nice to have a place where we can discuss Rebels with CIVILITY, as opposed to the rest of the Internet, where people completely ignore established facts based on bitterness and prejudices with literally no foundation…

Whew.

Now that my mini-rant is over, I’m super excited to see where Season 2 goes, but I really hope that Vader isn’t just left in the dust after the premiere. Even if he doesn’t directly contribute to the action, I want some scenes with him, if only to hear JEJ speak over and over again…

3 Likes

Why? TFU had an extremely, ridiculously OP character who came out of nowhere, and then a few years after his death, he’s barely ever mentioned again. Personally, I’m glad that it’s de-canonized.

1 Like

Agreed.

Pretty sure the creators said somewhere that Vader’ll be a sort of “background” villain.

Judging by the DLC and Battle of Sullust, I would say parts of it are in fact canon.

I really hope that Vader isn’t TOO background, like only 1 level higher than cameo, cause that would be disappointing. I hope that whatever main villains they are using will be very effective, interesting, characters who don’t give up after only 2 duels. i.e. Season 1 Inquistor.

I watched the fist four episodes od S2 on kisscartoon the other day.
The show’s definitely shaping itself into something good.

The two new Inquisitors are way better and more interesting than that lousy Pau’an.

I like Gregor here, but not as much as in TCW. Wolfe is a dirtbag. Rex is as cool as ever.

Darth Vader knows his former Padawan is alive? I like where this is going, but I do think Ahsoka is gonna die in one way or another.

2 Likes

Hey hey, that’s the Grand Inquisitor and Jason Isaacs you’re dissing there! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I agree that Rebels is improving greatly from Season 1, which I thought was good regardless. Although I must admit, they could’ve done a little better with the Hera-centric episode. It was good, but there wasn’t enough focus on her, IMO.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m hooked. New trailer just showed green cross-saber, yoda, and the return of my favorite character ever, under the guise “old master.” Whip out your double-blade saber and dust off your mechanical legs, because the best Sith Lord ever has returned!! @legomaster1378

3 Likes

Wait, Rebels is already mid Season 2?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I haven’t even watched episode one of Season 2, but I watched this anyway (probably a bad idea). So much stuff! SO MUCH!

Meh, IDK if the old master could be Maul, I guess it sorta sounds like Sam Witwer. We’ll just have to wait and see.

I was so pre-occupied with Force Awakens that I forgot Rebels was still a thing.

1 Like

Yeah, voice is kinda shabby, but I’ll stick by him. He’s just always really appealed to me, especially in the clone wars.

1 Like

This trailer solidifies the folly of ALL those who dislike Rebels. My heart was literally frozen with sheer amazement watching this trailer. Everything about it–the Sith Temple, Yoda, Leia, Cham, Maul (which is all but confirmed by some nice brightening work done by Internet folks), and most importantly, Ahsoka vs. Vader–is literally flawless!!!

One thing I’m really concerned about is Ezra. Not in terms of character flaws or anything done wrong by the creative team…it’s just that I don’t want him to turn!!! I’ve always been drawn to him, mostly due to defending him from his detractors, but I really think he deserves to be a hero. Maybe he’ll do a partial turn, like a double agent thing, which I could live with–but I just want him to make it through as a hero, even if it means he must die in the end…

Also, I just wanna highlight how AWESOME Vader is in this season. He was so intimidating in the premiere, and the shots he has in this trailer are pure gold. Just look at him standing atop his TIE Fighter as it descends towards Ezra, saber ignited and cape blowing in the wind ~faints~. And that line done in Anakin’s voice was utterly haunting…

This is going to be one huge roller coaster of emotion, and I’m gonna love every minute of it!!!

4 Likes

I’m scared of Ahsoka dying because of that Vader fight

1 Like

Those “new reinforcements” from Bail Organa remind me of the old Hammerhead-clas corvettes from KOTOR.

2 Likes

Yeah me too.

Not sure if this counts as real news, but it’s something:

So I guess Freddie Prinze Jr. (the voice of Kanan) has a Twitch account, and he’s been answering some Rebels questions in his videos. I’ll link to the one I’m citing below, but according to him:

-Season 2’s ending is “not happy” and he expects his 6-year old daughter, a huge Star Wars fan, to cry at the end of it.

-Ezra will apparently be “aged up” in Season 3–as in, he’ll show the effects of being a teenager (growing, voice deepening, etc.) Taylor Gray (Ezra’s VA) has supposedly been told to deepen his voice for next season (though I could not find that info in this video)

The video is here: Twitch

The questions I heard begin at 16:48.

This is all via the Rebels subreddit, BTW…

Happy discussion!

1 Like

Alright so

based on the past two episodes

the series I guess is trying to take SW back to a more mystic place, again.

Like, Zeb’s stick being able to alter cosmic anomalies? Sure, I guess that’s fine.

But I’m not sure how I feel about the hyper space whales

I actually think the hyperspace whales are cool

I liked the Purgills, although I agree that their abilities were a little “out there.” Overall, though, the episode did a good job showing how Ezra’s abilities have grown, and how he is beginning to put aside his more reckless ways in favor of a more perceptive attitude.

In other news: New York ToyFair has, among its many reveals, the appearance that Darth Maul will have in the upcoming episodes:

Overall, not much to be surprised about, for fans of TCW, but the new lightsaber is pretty cool…

EDIT (3/1): So…there’s a new video clip for “Shroud of the Master” on Youtube:

Pay close attention to the Temple Guard’s stance, voice, and armor…

Seem familiar? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Season 2 Episode 16 is probably my favorite episode in the series right now.