Star Wars Topic

So on BS01 they had a contest for Star Wars; whoever could come up with the most crackpot theory would win a free Darth Vader set signed by the LEGO designers. I won the contest, with perhaps the dumbest theory out there- of course the final part has proven wrong at this point, but otherwise I think it holds together unless Rebels did something sneaky behind my back.

So the theory is: beards can make Jedi become ghosts. And when Luke (supposedly) dies in Episode Seven, he becomes a ghost.
How?

It all started with Qui-Gon.

At the end of Episode One, Qui-Gon is rather viciously stabbed through the chest and killed. He is later said to be a ghost in episode 3. And he had a Beard.

Mace Windu was forced out of a window by Lord Sidious and died. He had no Beard, and a ghost he was not.

All the Jedi younglings were slaughtered by Anakin Skywalker, but no Beards were present and they did not become ghosts.

In Episode Two and Three, lots of poor, Beardless Jedi met their fate during the Clone Wars. And we never see them become ghosts.

Obi-Wan was the next ghost. He died in Episode Four at the hands of Darth Vader, stating “I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine.” And he had a Beard.

Now, you’re probably saying “But Ki-Adi-Mundi had a Beard, and he died! Where’s his ghost? And what of Yoda and Anakin? They were ghosts, but I never saw them have Beards.”

Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi was unaware of the secret power of the Beard, and had not been trained to know how to use the power of the Jedi Beard, so he missed his opportunity. Plus, have you seen his Beard? It was not as Beardly as the Beardliness of the properly Bearded.

Yoda had no Beard, because he was incapable of growing a full Beard without taking about 500 years. And considering he only found out at the end of the Clone Wars, he was unable to grow one on such short notice.

So, by using the incredibly Beardly power of the two most powerful (and only) Ghost Beards in existence, Yoda was able to be a ghost thanks to the efforts of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Anakin was brought to ghosthood in the same way, through the powerful Beardliness of the former Jedi knights. The exception was made for him because of his short return to the good side of the Force, and you can’t grow a Beard in a few minutes.

Now, there’s been a lot of discussion on the figure in the snow in the newest Star Wars trailer, and nearly all evidence seems to point towards Luke. My guess is he will die, and his lightsaber will be passed on to Finn, who will defeat Kylo Ren. And Luke will probably become a ghost as well. But why would he do that?

He has a Beard.

“Strike me down, and I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.”

Ghidora131

2 Likes
7 Likes

His name is so forgettable, that you needed a wiki to figure it out. No go. Not to mention its part of a non canon series, where as KOTOR is still canon, along side TOR (despite what misinformed people think) and has much more deserving characters for the constarction line.

Dont know why you wanna defend this character so much, he would be very difficult to recreate due to the head-torso area…better stick with things that are not experimental…ro too brown that are not a Wookie.

I knew his name before I searched it up.
I only needed the wiki to show that that’s actually his name.

They’re not canon, but they aren’t uncanon either. The official explanation is if it doesn’t contradict canon, it may have happened, but it’s not 100% confirmed. And while there may have been several callbacks to the Old Republic era in more recent material, the era itself and everything tied to it is still not officially Canon.

8 Likes

Official source please? I’ve been begging for the KOTOR games to be canon again.

9 Likes

isn’t demographic experimentation kinda the reason Lego Star Wars exists to begin with

8 Likes

your lack of creativity disturbs me.

2 Likes

I believe Hewks is right here. They aren’t necessarily canon, but there’s no saying they won’t be again in the future.

5 Likes

It’s this. Kotor has no contradiction to the official canon, and has been referenced, so it is generally assumed it lies in limbo between both, and will probably have more official as time goes by.
And this is just the article I’m using to confirm this, I knew it before I looked it up, but I knew you wouldn’t believe me of I didn’t source anything.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure all of old republic is non canon, but I guarantee you sometime in the next three years we will see something old republic, whether that’s a movie or a Netflix show. But I believe Revan will be canon in a comic or rebels before we get something completely dedicated to old republic.

2 Likes

You have no idea how hyped I am.

7 Likes

It’s just… Far too confusing and non-sensible. Hoping the rest of the move shows more potential than the trailer.

Also we need a ‘it’s time to stop’ Kylo Ren meme

2 Likes

um, how so?

Because we don’t have all the answers immediately? Because if you’ve got mind set, that’s a really bad one to have

4 Likes

There is zero context for anything aside from Rey is training and Kylo is edgy.

1 Like

And is that not the point?
You shouldn’t want to know exactly what and why everything is happening in the trailer.

3 Likes

It is a “teaser” after all. Context doesn’t really apply in teasers, or even trailers for that matter.

1 Like

Good.

I don’t want the entire plot. I just wanna be hyped and create speculation.

2 Likes

Also Kylo has literally 1.5 scenes in the trailer - he has his lightsaber in the one, and his helmet is all broken and stuff. Kylo Ren had almost nothing to do with this trailer TBH, and I’m okay with seeing so little, especially this soon!

1 Like

Yes, but I would like a reason to watch it. It’s not that hard to show off a part of your movie while still making it look interesting, but here they show stuff… Just stuff with no context at all, and instead of going “Yay wow a sequel to The Force Awakes has finally arrived!!!” it makes me go “So wait, who directed this?”

2 Likes

I don’t really see what you mean by “lack of context.” I got a pretty good sense of the film’s basic plot from the teaser–while Rey needs to learn the ways of the Force from a reluctant and/or disillusioned Luke, the Resistance and the First Order are continuing their struggle for galactic supremacy. Assumedly those two plot lines will converge in some way, possibly through Kylo Ren searching for Luke and Rey and bringing the battle to them.

Teasers don’t need to give away the detailed plot of a movie. Take the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. It gives no indication of what the villain’s motives or plans are, and only a vague sense of the plot, but it still works.

As for why someone would go to see The Last Jedi because of this trailer: the trailers for Force Awakens didn’t impact whether I was going to see it in the slightest, and for most hardcore Star Wars fans, it’s the same way. Most people have already decided whether they will or won’t go see The Last Jedi, and for those who haven’t, whether they will or not is probably going to be determined by their friends or family who may want to see it. Trailers play a big role in who goes to see a film, but less so with franchise movies, particularly ones with as much cultural prominence as Star Wars.

5 Likes