Star Wars Topic

They really need to cool the breaks.

Oh boy Part 2

1 Like

I’m fine with the tv stuff. It’s just that they’re announcing way too many new series. The game of thrones dudes along with Rian Johnson’s new trilogy just seem like too much.

1 Like

I think that if it’s handled well, great things can happen. For example, perhaps a trilogy telling us the canon Old Republic story? I mean, what Star Wars fan wouldn’t want that? Besides, I’m sure, a few.

1 Like

You have star wars disney, I really hope you don’t overload it, even if the content is good so far.

1 Like

the mouse wants the :moneybag:

1 Like

It seems my fear of there being too much Star Wars might actually become true…

1 Like

I don’t know, it’s going to take a while for the movies to reach a point greater than the EU…

I don’t think he’s referring to the sum total of all the content that Disney’s new canon has put out
Rather, it’s how *much they’re making over a such a small period of time

3 Likes

Keep in mind that these new movies don’t have set release dates yet. The Marvel Cinematic Universe, as another example of this kind of filmmaking, has had movies in their lineup which were announced years before their actual release. Just because we know about these movies now doesn’t mean they’ll be coming out in the near future.

2 Likes

judging by our current track record we’ll still be getting new films yearly, whether they’re main actually-contribute-to-the-plot films or just anthology movies
they’ll just end up saturating the market with a bunch of star wars movies, which they’ve already done with the marvel films
the marvel films, while good, will most likely never become timeless classics like, say, something like lord of the rings or the original trilogy
that works for marvel, marvel is a comic book franchise, comics are meant for mass consumption
but
star wars?
like idk man i love star wars, i just don’t want it to go stale

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know that the MCU won’t be considered a classic, considering that it is one of the first major movie universes that has actually succeeded in managing a large number of characters and films. Sure, not every film in the MCU will be a classic, but as a whole, the entire thing will.

Star Wars will always be a classic, whether it gets stale or not, so right now, I think we’re okay. And nothing says that Disney won’t see the need to take a break in the future.

The way I see it is this: we’re getting new Star Wars, and no matter what, that’s great!

3 Likes

new star wars is always a good thing lmao
i just wish they spaced out the releases of the films a bit more

3 Likes

I mean, I would argue Infinity War has a pretty good chance at becoming an instant classic… They should definitely space out the big films, which they’ve done so far with the 2 years between 7 and 8, but for the extras, I don’t really care, I just like Star Wars.

Wait so the EU was good all along?
Last time I checked the one you’re probably referring to was the bad one.

1 Like

There’s different parts of the EU. Luke turns bad in one, the Emperor has clones in another, Dark Lady Lumiya takes over in one, etc… I never really paid much attention to it other than Boba Fett’s story, but I was referring to the size of the EU

The EU was a mix bag. to say that it was just “bad”, would mean that the things that all fans loved, like the Thrawn trilogy and KoToR games, then were bad too.

Plus, fans like different things, like for example, some like the yuuzhan vong while others dislike them.

3 Likes

Ok, jeez, I meant it was kind of disjointed at points.
And I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t uncanon stuff that I enjoyed.
(Particularly the 2003 Clone Wars)

I don’t know if some people realize that the non canon stuff still exists. I’ve noticed so many people complaining about how Disney got rid of the old canon, they did that because the universe would be easier to work in. And yeah there’s excellent stuff in the old EU that isn’t canon anymore, but that doesn’t mean people still can’t enjoy it. It’s not like Kathleen Kennedy and Pablo Hidalgo went and burned everyone’s copy of the thrawn trilogy.

I honestly thought the Thrawn Trilogy was some of those books that were still canon, like Empire’s End and Dark Disciple and such.