The BoM entry: Clanik, the burned Makuta

Clanik was a Makuta who liked to create peaceful Rahi. He lost his ability to teleport due to unknown causes. During a mission, he got caught in a fire. Brutaka sent the fire to Bota Magna, unknowingly sending Clanik to Bota Magna as well. A group of Agori put out the fire, saving Clanik. Unable to teleport, Clanik sought a way home. His quest brought him to a mysterious tower. Unbeknownst to him, this tower held the Great Being the Mask of Life had cursed. The Great Being, growing bored with confinement, expiremented on Clanik. When Clanik awoke, he found that he had lost his abilities, and that his body had been altered, and what hadn’t been burned was mixed with parts of the jungle. Clanik never daw the Great Being, and thus had no idea what had happened. Unable to go home, Clanik became the leader and protector of an Agori Tribe, and he enjoyed his relatively peaceful new life.

Mask: Mask of Poison (now powerless)
Assigned region: none
Weapons: an elemental blaster that gains energy from the sun.

11 Likes

Very interesting. I enjoy that color scheme.

1 Like

Hmm…

• torso and left side are build well enough
  • I’m personally no big fan of half and half colour in a greater extend or in combination with a very unsymmetrical build, but I can live with it
  • the upper right leg however looks a bit strange
  • lower arm armor of the right arm looks also pretty strange when comparing to the left arm

And there are three holes in the story for me:

• why would Brutaka send a fire to Bota Magna?
  • Clanik still consists of Antidermis, that’s no power of the Makuta and creating Kraata out of Antidermis isn’t really a power either - it comes with being made of Antidermis. Of course his Kraata would be powerless, but he could still create Kraata.
  • Clanik searches a way to get home, which indicates to me, that he still feels himself as part of the Brotherhood - in combination with still consisting of Antidermis, that makes him a Makuta both in species and in alignment (the really important thing is the species, though)

So you should add to and/or change his story a little bit. Especially the second point is of importance to fit into the Brotherhood Project.
After that I will mark him as completed.

Thanks again for participating!

1 Like

1: I think Brutaka sent the fire to Bota Magna for the same reason he dropped a Tahtorak on Metru Nui in 2004: because he could.
2: all right, edited that part .
3: his desire to go home was more an attachment to his home than to the Brotherhood.

Ok, that works, I’ll link him on the list.

Solar Power!

Very interesting color scheme that somehow works really well. It’s just a little nitpick but the disproportionality bugs me a little, but it still look good. Great job! 9.5/10 :smile:

What piece is used for his feet?

The cockpits from the Invasion From Below mechs.

Ah, very clever! I thought they were some super-specialized pre-bionicle pieces or something (like from Roboriders or Hockey).

1 Like