The Brotherhood of Makuta: Urdunohk

Name: Urdunohk
Assigned Region: None
Kanohi: Duren, Mask of Convenience

Backstory: Urdunohk was a Makuta who fought during the war against the Barraki, and sided with Teridax as the new leader. Soon after, a virus began to spread across the Matoran Universe, infecting Rahi and Matoran alike. Urdunohk was sent to deal with the problem, but caught the virus himself, only shorty after creating the antidote. Luckily, the antidote was found, and the virus was stopped.

Front:

Back:

Side:

Pose:

Staff of Poison:

This Moc has been made for the Brotherhood of Makuta Community Project.

39 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

I really like the staff.

1 Like

looks awsome

1 Like

MOC:

Not too complex, but a nice consistent look. Lower torso seems a little gappy from the side, but that’s probably mostly due to it being articulated. Neat staff.

Backstory:
One issue: The mask doesn’t work this way - it only stores things, not beings away (although admittedly I didn’t specify that). In any case there’s nothing keeping Xarbrak from using his mask again to escape.
Also he has to die. No imprisonment. Death.

So MOC is fine, but backstory needs to be modified. In the meantime I’ll check with RSG about the name.

1 Like

@Gilahu, the backstory has been edited.

Ok, RSG feedback says the name “Xarbrak” should be changed. Explanation I got was: a) “sounds like Zabrak (Star Wars)”, b) “It feels very 20s schlock horror.”

As to the change of the backstory: Death by Rahi is always a problem since Makuta have the power of Rahi control.

I actually got another intersting suggestion on RSG, though - a Makuta could have died during their evolution into gaseous Antidermis because not being able to realize quickly enough how to survive an armor breach by finding a new vessel/ or not not yet having a suitable vessel nearby.

Alternatively your Makuta would be a good candidate for the Physician Makuta idea I proposed in the project topic (should be linked in the first post under “Backstory help”). Would fit your Makuta well, I think - he wouldn’t be assigned to a region in that case, though.

2 Likes

@Gilahu, that’s changed now as well.

Will check Urdunohk with RSG.

Him injecting Energized Protodermis into himself doesn’t quite work for two reasons: a) it would either instantly kill him or wouldn’t kill him and b) No Makuta is crazy enough to risk exposing himself to EP.
If you don’t want to go with the statue idea that’s alright, but we’ll need something else that works then… Can’t think of anything else at the moment, though.

EDIT: Alright, Urdunohk is fine.

1 Like

@Gilahu, I’ve changed it again.

I fear a Makuta attempting to create a Kraata with all 42 powers already is a thing… However, I had another idea:

What if for whatever reason a virus was set loose in the Matoran Universe that spread and killed people. Urdunohk was sent to deal with that. However, he got infected himself shortly before managing to come up with an antidote (probably also a virus). He died, the antidote was found and thus the virus could be fought and defeated.

I like this particularly because your Makuta then doesn’t just die in a accident, but dies while doing something meaningful.

What do you think?

1 Like

I’ll go with that.

So wait this is all before the Makuta were evil?

Change it above and I’ll accept your entry.

No. But a) the Makuta had to still keep up appearances at that time and b) If everyone in the universe dies - who is there left to be ruled? Not to mention that Makuta can also be affected by viruses.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense. Is an executioner needed?

@Gilahu, the backstory’s ready.

Yup, works. (although he still shouldn’t be assigned to an island)

MOC accepted, thanks for participating!

1 Like

cool! it looks great, and the staff is awesome. good job!

1 Like