The Collapse of an Empire | RP Topic

Candall draws his sword out before he even makes a proper defense. As such, he is knocked to the side. “OOF!” he cries, though still clutching his sword. He gets himself up, but he is certainly not ready to attack again.

Marybird sees her husband and gulps, realizing what she needs to do. Taking her short sword, she runs and slides underneath the beast, hoping to jab it right into the weak spot while using her momentum.

With her momentum, Marybird succeeds in jabbing the Beast into its weak spot, causing it to stagger back a bit, though she got herself in a bit of predicament…

…the Beast was stunned for a few seconds because of Lanmo and the arrow that was fired down on the ground, would create a large crevasse, large enough to make the Cleric Beast fall down. Thankfully, Lanmo used his telekinesis to levitate Marybird out of the way, towards Candall as the Cleric Beast fell down into the pit.

Our heroes would hear the roars of the Beast as it descended down. “Maybe a good fire arrow should do it.” Lanmo said towards Reyna, as his hand was glowing with dark energy.

1 Like

She nods and passes the tip of one through the fire, then fired it out towards the descending beast.

“T-thank you!” she stammered, getting herself back up. Candall helps Marybird get up, watching the beast descend to it’s long, abyssal doom.

“Sorry about that.” Reyna said. “That was a cool move, but I didn’t see you there because of the dark. Not until too late, at least. Thank goodness he caught you though.”

Lanmo fired a large dark energy ball towards the descending Beast, combined with the fire arrow of Reyna it killed the Beast for good, as the screams of it, was no longer…

“Don’t mention it.” Lanmo said.

“Of course, I would have cached her.” Lanmo said reassuringly. “Though, I don’t suggest you can undo that hole, can you?” He asked.

“Alas, just part of the Sir Marybird preformance!”

Candall sheathes his blade, and removes his helmet once again. “Yeah. I s’pose it’s back to eating. Would have been a shame if that beast killed me on an empty stomach.”

She smiles and chuckles awkwardly. “Um…no, not really.” She admits. “Sorry. Heat of the moment decision.”

Siansa walks through the forests of her mother’s homeland. The feeling of this land felt so natural under her feet that it calms her as she ponders in her sea of thoughts. She is far enough away from the main group that she is unaware of what just occurred.

She continues walking driven by her thoughts as she wanders up a hill. Siansa soon reaches the top of the hill and climbs a tree. She stares at the stars, her green eyes reflecting their light.

Lanmo sighed. “Figures.” He shook his head.

“Well, it was good thinking anyway,” Will said.

And so, with the Cleric Beast’s death, our Heroes were able to rest in for the night. But they would be surprised by the sudden items they would get from killing it. Those who joined in on the fight would receive some handy items that would probably help them, throughout their Journey.

Candall would receive a better sword, it had two functions. He had a normal long straight sword with the second function of combining it, with another Blade that would rest against his back. It wasn’t heavy, so it wouldn’t hinder his movements. As when combined, Candall would have a Greatsword that causes significant damage. (@Chronicler)

Reyna would receive a beast cutter, with also two functions. Its first mode was more of a chopping weapon with its second mode being a deadly whip, it would allow her to stay back and deal damage to the enemy, a fitting fit if someone asked another. @Runa

To make up for the lack of range with Ashkey, she would receive two blades that combine into a dual blade. @meepinater

Oire would receive that engulfs itself with fire.

Ernesto would receive a slight boost in his Air Manipulative powers. @Traykar

And Envarus would receive a sword with the function of turning into a devastating hammer. @TBT_Emerald

1 Like

Reyna looked it over. “Interesting.” She said to herself, realizing she was currently carrying five weapons, four of which were at least similar to swords. In order to clear off the weight, she ditched one of her shortswords, putting Fran’s estoc in its place(after retrieving it in order to keep her promise to Fran) and storing the beast cutter weapon sideways across the small of her back.

1 Like

Candall notices the embroidering upon the blades, impressed with the craftsmanship of them. “Doesn’t match Celtic patterns, but it is still quite good.” He places his claymore into his pack, keeping it for memory sake.

“That looks heavy,” Marybird replied.

“It’s surprisingly not,” Candall said in amazement. “Never seen a blade this thick before. Won’t do good protecting me hands, but it looks deadly to stab with.”

“Interesting.” Envarus says, “I wonder if I can get someone to engrave the Eagle on this.” He swings the blade, turning it into a hammer mid strike to hit a rock nearby.

“Strange,” Ernesto muttered, unsure of the strange turn of events.

Fran watched the aftermath of the battle, unmoving, her blade lying at her feet carelessly sprawled out across the damp grass.

Her eyes were blank and her face was of course covered, no emotion could be gauged from her.

Reyna walks over to pick it up and to go see Fran. “Are you okay?” She asks, obviously concerned.

Fran didn’t respond, she just stood there, as still taking in everything that had happened

Reyna sheathed the weapon and went around to face Fran, looking her directly in the eyes, even though she couldn’t see them. “Fran?” She asked, the concern visible in her face.

Again came no response, as those dull glass eyes stared back

Unlike our Heroes, Geal and Xaio were still walking and the Star Constellations were leading Xaio towards the location of the Thunderstorm Bow. But as Xaio had his Celestial Vision on and watched the stars he could listen to them talking to each other. Xaio would hear the famous Legend of Aidan Bandobras and the Hidden Prophecy that has been brought to his revelation. Suddenly he stops in his tracks and continues to look at the at Stars as they were talking.

“Why did we stop?” Geal asked, his voice was the thing that brought Xaio back to reality as he snaps back. He shook his head and turned around, glancing up at Geal, the Ashen Dragon.

“Aidan Bandobras…” Xaio muttered.

Geal was confused, he arched an eyebrow as his head leaned forward. “Who is that?” He asked, narrowing his eyes.

“He was the Starwalker Tribe’s, First King if you could say,” Xaio said. “I never knew this, but the Stars just revealed that the one who we hold Sacred. Is half-human, half-starwalker.”

“Is that troublesome for you?” Geal asked, slightly concerned. If he did have a problem, it was good that Xaio didn’t know he had a Starwalker Woman as his wife and a daughter, that is a halfling. The only one who knows is Lord Bloodfang, which even then, it doesn’t make his mind rest at ease.

Xaio shook his head, as he turned around and continued to walk. “No. I don’t care if the First King who we call the Alelder is not a true starwalker.” He said. “Intermixing has always been a thing of the past as well as for the present and future.” He mentions. “Hardly the Starwalker Tribe is known for being racist. Having such accusation with little to no valid proof would be outright lying.”

“So it wouldn’t bother you if someone, of not your race, was ruling over you as your King?” Geal asked.

“No, not really,” Xaio responded. “As long as it is a Wise King who keeps the Starwalker Tradition sacred, I don’t care from where they come from.” He said.

“Oh…?” Geal intriguingly hummed.

“There is also a prophecy. Which was kept hidden from us by our Elders.” He sighed. “It says that the Starwalker Tribe will suffer hardship for three decades and a half, they would be immigrating for that period of time. Until the Dark Times passes. A new King will rise like the Sun, he is not of our Race but has the Ancestors of Old besides him. Once he becomes King, we all shall be one again.” He said.

Geal listened in, he was interested to hear such a thing. “Though, I don’t assume you know who this King the prophecy is talking about is, or?” He asked.

Xaio shook his head. “No.” He answered. “But this Prophecy has a lot in common with Aidan Bandobras. Though he was half-human, does this mean? This new King is going to be only Human?” He wondered aloud.

“Your guess is as good as mine,” Geal said, having the slightest of clues.

“Perhaps,” Xaio said. “But while Starwalkers are Born not Made, a lot of people confuse it with being born. You can be reborn by adopting the culture. A lot of people think that they can’t hear or see the Stars without our Vision, it is not true. The Vision is granted to us by the Stars…being a Starwalker, Geal is not a race…” He looked at Geal. “It’s a creed.” He declares as they continued walking towards the location of the Thunderstorm Bow.