The Collapse of an Empire - Signup | OOC Discussion Topic

I was using the 5 by 5 table when I put that in there. It’s basically in-between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral

Here’s an image of the 5 by 5 alignment table. Sorry for any confusion.

2 Likes

I forgot about the 5×5.

If it’s okay with @MichaelBT-7474 I would like to change my character’s alignment to moral neutral.

1 Like

As did I. Shifting my character’s up to lawfull moral, if that’s alright.

1 Like

@Flux. that’s a very cool character. Alright, I thought I’ve mentioned this on the Starwalker Topic. Starwalker people don’t need to wear sunglasses during the day, only when they used their Celestial Vision. I hope this is clear. Accepted. Welcome to the RP!

Yeah, you can but you need to edit it so it stays up-to-date. Thanks.

You can just make sure you edit it in your character sign up sheet.

I gotta say we have some cool characters so far. This is going to be dope. I can’t wait for this.

Can’t wait to crush your dreams and hopes with my Villains…

3 Likes

Done.

2 Likes

Handled.

2 Likes

Nay! One does not easily crush the hopes and dreams of a Knight of the Green! We stay valiant and true in the lovely planes of Isotix!

2 Likes

The white lady of the republic dreams not, how are you meant to destroy that which is not?

2 Likes

I’m starting to feel in-over my head here, having never played D&D.

2 Likes

Well don’t you worry I’ve played it a lot

1 Like

Here’s a drawing of Candall. Apologies for the blurriness.

3 Likes

I see your awesome sketch and raise my own pic of Irelle

2 Likes

What is real and what is the dream?

1 Like

Wait, is this D&D? Are we actually using dice rolls for attacks, stats for character interaction, etc.? If so, I should make a more extensive stat sheet. If not, I’m still gonna use dice rolls to determine if I miss an attack or not. :slight_smile: I prefer that for balance.

And worry not, I actually DM stuff myself. It’s not too hard to roleplay, it’s just hard to figure out when to talk and what to do.

1 Like

Yeah about that, @Chronicler I would prefer if you don’t. What I mean that this is D&D inspired is that it’s very strong with magic, magical races and so on. I myself am not well versed…so I would prefer if you don’t use a dice system to say if your characters missed or not.

We’ll simply be freemoting, typical TTV Boards RP style, you giving me an attack and I say if it’s been blocked, deflected, and so on. And you do the same.

Sorry for my inactivity, I was working on the NPC Protagonist sheets but when I saw this I had to state my opinion on the matter. So don’t worry about balance, your character is balanced, trust me. When you will see my Villains I think you will thank me later.

3 Likes

Gotcha.

What inactivity?

2 Likes

That does clear a lot up. Thank you.

1 Like

Mmmm, I’ll have to draw up a picture of Ashkey.

2 Likes

Name: Unknown

Aliases: The Worm King, Aldrich the Traveller

Alignment: True Neutral

Affiliation: The Forbidden Land (Formerly)

Home: The Forbidden Land (Formerly), somewhere within the Republic

Race: Human (Formerly)

Apparent Age: 45

Eyes: icy blue

Skin: Deathly pale and covered magical inscriptions.

Height: 10 metres long, five when reared up (Worm form), 6ft 3 (Proxy/Human Form)

Build: Gaunt and tall

Appearance:

Worm Form

Proxy form

Accessories:

The Worm King carries a small brooch with him at all times> it is gilded with markings similar to those on his face and in the centre appears to be the image resembling The Gate of the Forbidden Lands… if stared at long enough one might see the image move.

Personality:
The Worm King is deeply cynical and guarded. Whenever, someone attempts to engage with him on an emotional level he deflects with an air of sarcasm and superiority. He also seems to harbour some unknown personal vendetta against Michael Bloodfang. Additionally, he harbours a seething hatred towards the Holy Dynasty and Dark Dwarf Kingdom, as their “Quarantine” effectively left him and his people to die.

To keep a low profile when travelling The Worm King adopts the persona of “Aldrich” A priest of the The Church of Purity. Aldrich is stark contrast to the Worm King; he is kind and generous towards people in need. Whilst this is merely a facade The Worm King has fabricated to better blend in there are moments (often during prolonged travels) where the Worm King Cannot tell where he ends and “Aldrich” begins. Additionally to conceal his inhuman physiology his entire body (barring his head) is covered, and he alters his voice to sound gentler.

Equipment:

Glass Dagger

A small knife with a transparent blade that shatters upon anything particularly hard. However the “feather” edges left on its fragmented pieces are dangerously sharp and difficult to remove without proper tools. Given its fragile nature The worm king has to replace these regularly

Estoc

A sword bearing a cross-guard and long edgeless blade ending in a sharp point. Primarily used against armoured targets due to their piercing ability.

Powers and Abilities:

Affinity with Insects

Despite the initial drawbacks to being a giant worm, there are a few advantages one might possess. Namely the ability to communicate and manipulate the will of insects. Additionally the Worm King is able to “see” through the insects sensory organs, which he makes use of as spies or general surveillance.

Burrowing

Another advantage as a result of being an enormous anthropomorphic Worm Creature is the ability rapidly bore through stone and earth. However, this process is often loud and causes tremors in the earth, consequently the Worm King avoids this activity as to not draw attention. However, shortly after the fall of The Forbidden Lands a small area of the Republic was reported to be experiencing tremors… Nothing series, but strange nonetheless.

Humanoid Proxies

As Large worms are somewhat incongruous the worm King has developed humanoid proxies that imitate basic human physiognomy. Unlike humans however, the proxies do not possess organs as result the cans store objects within although this does make less durable than the average person

Illusory Magic

The Worm King is an especially proficient practicioner of illusory. This ranges being able to disguise the appearance of himself, others people, and objects to creating a noises, projecting images, turning invisible, altering his voice, and creating phantom duplicates of himself (however he refrains this frequently as he considers it in poor taste).

Divination Magic

The Worm King’s knowledge of Divination is slightly lacking in comparison. He is only capable of Scrying (provided he has some form of “anchor” to the subject as well as being incredibly vulnerable to attacks on his person) and projecting his consciousness (with similar limits to Scrying). However, unlike most diviners The Worm King does not require the use of a magical catalyst i.e. seeing stone, staff, crystal ball etc due to the intrinsically magical properties of his body (another “gift” of The Gate).

Trained Fencer

Due to his noble birth the Worm King (before becoming a hideous writhing abomination that dwells in the shadows) was trained from a young age how to fight with a sword. Consequently, he is well versed in the art of parrying, riposting, and various other convoluted terms on how to stick someone with the pointy end of his Sword

Backstory:

Formerly the Ruler of the Forbidden lands, as a human The Worm King was once a powerful and revered, though after the catastrophic incident involving The Gate all trace of him was lost. Whilst his body was never discovered it seemed most likely that he was dead or transformed into a mindless beast. However, rumours have circulated that the King still lives… albeit different.

2 Likes

So he can dig through the ground and cause tremors? Of course, I would appreciate if Worm King didn’t began making tunnels underneath the Republic.

I don’t understand what you mean by Divination Magic, mind explaining to me that a bit more clearly?

@Bramsley