The Winter Legion Compendium Vol. 2 (RP Topic)

Rachne let out a small “hmph” and moved with the merchants

1 Like

Steady nods, and walks over to Nathan swaying a deal, “you wanted to see me Sir?”

“Yes, watch the door, no one is to leave, you’re ranking officer”

“What about first Sargant Sky?”

“Even her, here” He takes his sword from his belt, “This will signify your temporary position”

Nathan begins walking towards the back of the cave, waving all the mages with him, “Restless, give us a light would you?”

The man named restless grunts and the dim tunnel is illuminated

William turns and walks away, “Also, I am required to tell you, that by living here, you’ll have to abide by our laws, one of which you have broken already in assaulting an officer in the Lord’s vaunted service. Now, you can choose to serve it in one of two ways, gaol time, or military service”

“What now, Sir?” Raina asks

1 Like

Rachne sighed in annoyance “military service then” she patted the merchant on the back and whispered in their ears before heading back to William

2 Likes

“We find out what exactly is happening” Nathan says, excitedly.

They walk in silence, pressing through the narrow passages, rock walls seeming immensely tight and uncomfortable. finally, they’re let out into a massive open room, the architecture of which is highly foreign. Pillars line the sides, including a massive one in the center of the room, and more along the back walls. Oddly enough, they aren’t supporting anything, each tapers off to a point about 3 ft from the ceiling. The center pillar is glowing, a soft blue light emanating from it.

A sudden laughter fills the room, sounding ghostly and ethereal, I called for mages, and I get humans? it speaks in each of their heads, I shall enjoy wresting what scraps of magic you pups posses from your meagre frames The laughter rings through the chamber again.

William nods, “Excellent, please keep in mind to salute superior officers, and your experience should be almost enjoyable”

Leo pulled out his sword and shield and put Grace behind him.

1 Like

Rachne nodded reluctantly

1 Like

Raina’s hands begin to glow with magic. “I don’t think a sword will do much.”

1 Like

Cracks appear on the central pillar, as well as the side pillars

William whistles a bit as he walks, trying to ignore how much she terrified him

Arnas, who was awoken by the noise and my want for my characters to actually do something, and had followed the group in since he had nothing better to do as he waited, looked at this, silently drawing his daggers out of their sheaths.

1 Like

Leo nodded and put away his sword and shield. He readied a ball of fire.

1 Like

The group is knocked to the ground as the pillar explodes outwards. A tall slender female figure steps out, radiating bluish black power, (Like a blacklight)

1 Like

Arnas quickly rolled to his feet, crouched down, daggers exposed, ready to fight.

1 Like

Leo picked up Grace and put her behind him.

1 Like

"Pathetic Human dogs, I am Naryinl WarSeer of the Sunthralli people, you think you stand a chance against me?¨ She laughs, and the side pillars burst revealing armoured figures of the same species, they march up to form two lines with the group in the middle.

“Not particularly,” Arnas replies. “But if I have to die, I’d rather go down fighting.”

1 Like

She sneers and charges a ball of energy the same colour as her aura, and brings it down on them. Nathan springs up a shield and it hits that, driving the group backwards. The man named Restless was caught outside the shield and was instantly vaporized (He was the only one) . The shielded group is pushed back into the narrow tunnel, the entrance of which collapses, sealing the room off for good.

Arnas gets up and dusts himself off. “Unless there’s some magical seal, something tells me that glowy b**** isn’t gonna be held back very long by rocks.”

1 Like

“She did that” Nathan pants, “She’s too weak to face us in combat, she’s covering her escape” he struggles to his feet, “Let’s go” he walks back the way they came

Leo picked up Grace and ran.

1 Like