Toa of Ice MOC - Toa Kova

GENERAL INFORMATION:

This Toa’s design is similar to that of Jaru, the previous Toa MOC I posted. I did this intentionally, as Kova here is a part of the same Toa team. All of the Toa sets that LEGO released in BIONICLE’s first run had a somewhat distinctive design and overall look to each individual team of Toa, so I applied that to my custom Toa team.

The biggest inspiration for Kova’s weapons came from Kopaka Mata’s set of weapons, that being a shield and a sword-like weapon. I used a Toa Inika foot as chest armor and as feet because I thought that the somewhat spiked front was reminiscent of a snow flake. I also wanted to experiment with shoulder armor with Kova, hence the Bohrok faceplates on his shoulders, attached with 2M Pins without friction.

As with Jaru, there is a “Voodoo Foot” on his back that was put there simply to keep his back from being too flat or too unprotected. I have decided that it is an “armored backpack” with a ball joint socket on the outside for attachment of extra tools, weapons, or other items too big to fit in the “backpack” itself. This feature will appear in all of the rest of my Toa Manu.

Onto the physical details of the MOC. I used the colors White and Light Royal Blue for Kova himself, and Metalized Silver, Silver Metallic, Light Royal Blue, and a hint of Titanium Metallic in his weapons/tools.The model would stand about 224 mm tall at full height if it were a real model, and is made of 139 pieces. With all of my MOCs, I will be coloring the Pins and Axles the colors that they would be had this been a physical model made by LEGO itself.

I will attempt to give the same level of information about the rest of the Toa in my custom Toa team as I gave Jaru, as I feel it will add to the MOCs themselves. I will be going back and giving one to the Toa Manu of Earth, too.

##Character Information

NAME: Kova (Pronounced co-vah)

TOA TEAM: Toa Manu (Pronounced maw-new)

ELEMENT: Ice

EQUIPMENT:
–1 Multipurpose Ice-based Weapon: Can form a pale blue Ice Blade for close range combat purposes, or can be used to fire directed blasts and/or streams of elemental ice powers from the center of the weapon.

–1 Shield in left hand; Fans on Shield can be used to kick particulates into the air to blind or distract enemies.

–Armored Backpack; can hold small items for Kova that he doesn’t immediately need; comes with a ball joint socket on the outside for attachment of extra tools, weapons, or other items too big to fit in the backpack itself.

PERSONALITY: Normally cool, calm, and logical; Prefers to find logical and efficient solutions to problems; Not as cold to others as Kopaka is, as he is willing to offer help if asked to, and is willing to ask for help when needed; One of the smarter members of the Toa Manu.

KANOHI: Great Mask of Reprogramming; Allows user to temporarily reprogram the mechanical portion of another BIONICLE to act however the user wishes; Does not allow for changing of shape or general function of the target (EX: cannot change a leg into a jet engine); Due to the level of concentration required, it only reasonably works on targets in somewhat close proximity to user; Concentration required depends on the level of sentience of the target, meaning that more concentration is required for a being like a Matoran than for a Nui Jaga, for example. EXAMPLE USE: Reprogram the legs of a target to walk away from user.

##PICTURES:

Front View:

Right View:

Back View:

Aerial Back Right View:

Aerial Front Right View:

Top View:

Pose 1 Front:

Pose 1 Back Left:

Pose 2 Front:

Pose 2 Back Right:

Pose 3 Front (Toa Manu group photo pose):

Pose 3 Right View:

Rendering engine used is BlueRender. You can find it here.
Any and all constructive criticism/feedback is welcome.

Before I post the other three Toa Manu, I will be posting the Matoran MOCs that I have made to go along with the Toa Manu and some Rahi MOCs that I have made.

21 Likes

Looks Awesome!
The color scheme is beautiful!
Is this was a set I’d buy it!

1 Like

9/10 would buy.
I especially like the colour scheme.

1 Like

Looks pretty cool.

However, the arms are oddly lanky.

Pretty good and detailed, especially for an Inika build.

Looks amazing, and I’m trying this tool out now, since it looks astonishing!