Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Dang.

1 Like

Alright guys, so once the current ā€œepisodeā€ ends (and hopefully it doesnā€™t drag on for a month this time), I think Iā€™m gonna reset Salvation- that being, asking to get the current topic closed and starting a new one for the second part, like what I did for TOTGA.

I know the reset rule isnā€™t a thing anymore, but I want to do this so that Salvation can get something of a clean slate going forward. I feel like it needs it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s be cool.
I need a fresh start, too.

1 Like

@Chromeharpoon

Is there anyway i can teach the Savant the common text?

I imagine there are.

Also, you guys donā€™t really need to be putting much time into fixing it; itā€™s doing that itself.

I know, but I kinda like the idea of Gatecrasher being like the old sailor and his ship.

My activity level is going to be much shorter than I originally thought this week. I may not be on until much later in the day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Even if the plot may not progress much this week because of my inactivity, please feel free to have your characters interact with each other.

1 Like

i was gonna try to do that anyway. Also, may I have your permission to take control of the Savant for a little while? So many of us are involved with it. I wonā€™t do anything crazy.

Well, it was my intention to let one of yā€™all pilot the Savant. However, until it learns modern cybertronian, only one with an understanding of both Ancient technology and languages can do so.

1 Like

Well, looks like Zepar is the only one who can do that.

He is the most available bot to do so, but hardly the only bot who can read the ancient stuff. Technically Driftburn can read ancient, seeing as heā€™s from caelum and follows Primus and Quintus Prime. I think thereā€™s a few others that can also read it.

Iā€™m working on teaching it modern cybertronian, but Iā€™m not sure how long that will take.

2 Likes

@MaxinePrimal @meepinater @BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @ProfSrlojohn @Jcton

(And maybe @Holi if heā€™s really interested in re-joining.)

Alright, so the current situations that are limiting my activity so drastically will end hopefully around Sunday afternoon. Everything will get back to normal for me, and I can get back to properly attending to Transformers: Salvation.

So, once all yā€™all with characters aboard the Savant get it running and check out the planet below for a bit, this chapter of the RP will end, and if enough of yā€™all are still interested, Iā€™ll get a Part II topic up before too long.

I know youā€™re not required to reset RPs anymore, but I feel like the game needs it. I wasnā€™t in a very healthy state of mind when I started it up in March, and thatā€™s unfortunately had a negative impact on the quality of the game, I feel. Now that Iā€™ve pulled myself together somewhat, Iā€™d like to give both Salvation and myself a clean slate. Iā€™ve been working to improve on the shortcomings Iā€™ve observed, and Iā€™d welcome any input yā€™all might have, and I just hope I can do right by yā€™all.

5 Likes

Personally I think the reset is a great idea.

1 Like

It was my hope that itā€™d be a step in the right direction.

The biggest gripe I have with myself is that Salvationā€™s ā€œepisodesā€ havenā€™t really contributed to the overarching plot of the Omega Lock quest all that much. Isolated episodes arenā€™t bad, I guess, but there needs to be some continuity and a sense that what happens in these arcs contribute to the main story. From now on, the episodes are going to be more connected and relevant to the Omega Lock quest. The planet Salvationā€™s currently orbiting, for example, will hopefully have some significance to the plot.

If yā€™all want me to go into more detail about what my plans to ā€œfixā€ Salvation are, feel free to tell me.

Yā€™all know how much I love listening to myself talk

4 Likes

I think itā€™s a good Idea, though the one suggestion I have is to link this to the reset topic.

Please tell me!

My current plan is to put Daria and Driftshot onto the Savant. With Dariaā€™s background as a weapon mechanic she might be able to help keep the Savant running. Driftshot can read the stuff so that also might be of help.

It would be interesting.

Salvation lacks what TOTGA had in spades: over-exaggerated stake.

Donā€™t get me wrong, the end of life as we know it is really bad no matter how itā€™s spun but when you go from telling a tale about demonic entities from the ancient past returning to end the universe to a race against time to save a civilization, it kinda loses some of that pizazz that kept us wondering what the next adventure would bring.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just waiting for my Bootleg cameo.

1 Like