TTV Episode 195 Discussion

I am not sure how I feel about this episode.

3 Likes

Man, I am still on 194.
(I want to get vessel but I donā€™t want to waste my money.)

Had to research waterboardingā€¦I thought it was a sport

######you learn something new everyday

5 Likes

######Is it bad that I already knew what it was?

2 Likes

I thought Waterboarding was when you dunked someoneā€™s head in water until they almost drowned.

I was wrong.

~W12~

1 Like

Waterboarding. Excellent start to a toy-centric podcast. :joy:

EDIT
And slashing wrists to finish. Just wow. :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

The podcast is free to watch on vessel you donā€™t need to pay for early access to watch it.

1 Like

Todays podcast brought to you by Dr. Seuss.

and credit to prpl for the icons of most of the cast members. I was too lazy/too busy to take the time to redraw them all

8 Likes

Im not done with the episode yet but so far i like it even if it is dark.

@prentice1215
I blame 06 for the edge.

@Gravityhurts123
Meso looks like Kermit. 10/10

3 Likes

Ten munites in, already dislike this one.

Sorry, this was not for me.

1 Like

But why? donā€™t you fine waterboarding most fascinating?

JK XP

2 Likes

donā€™t you LIKE Klondike waterboarding?

Hokay, several things hereā€¦

Eljay:
Apologizes for behavior in the last episode
Proceeds to yell at Meso ā€œYouā€™re garbage!ā€

Shout-out to Political Slimeā€™s guest appearance at 55:40. (You can even tell itā€™s him because itā€™s an LJ impersonation.

Finallyā€¦Is it just me
Or are these podcasts getting more edgyā€¦
Sort of like 2006 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[spoiler]As for real thoughts, donā€™t hate on the Ignition Trilogy. I joined during that phenomenon that was storytelling, and I was six years short of being one of those edgy teens.

And donā€™t hate on Team Prpl. If I remember, by the end, the Prpl faction of Team Eljay had a greater amount of soldiers (including myself :stuck_out_tongue:) than there were plain Team Eljay members.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I was on Team Eljay not for Eljay, I was a secret member of Team Meso.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well anyways. This was easily one of my favorite episodes. But how is Meso so well liked in the community. He can be worse then Eljay.

But Eljay did go pretty dark this episode.

1 Like

2006 was the year that got me into Bionicle, and as a result Iā€™m far more attached to the Inika characters than the Nuva. itā€™s also not fair to call the piraka ā€œgeneric gangstersā€ when they werenā€™t even remotely like that outside of the toy commercials.

That said, on all other counts I have to agree with Eljay. Mesoā€™s being ridiculously negative about a line that has made better use of ccbs that hero factory did in 5 years. Honestly, itā€™s pretty churlish to be THE go-to Bionicle podcast, and be bashing it constantly.

1 Like

Itā€™s not really helping your case to use the opinion that BIONICLE ā€œmade better use of CCBSā€ as a reason why I shouldnā€™t be so negative about it. Completely discounting the fact that BIONICLE wouldnā€™t have the great sets it does now if HF hadnā€™t beta-tested the system, I donā€™t even complain about the sets all that much. Most of them are great successes in my book; there are some sets which I loathe, sure, but I take far more issue with the marketing and storytelling side of things, and I think Iā€™m 100% justified in that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps I will spend the next several podcasts fanboying about how awesome Tahu is, or talk at-length aboutā€¦ how good Journey to One was, or something? Maybe thatā€™ll balance the scales.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

For the record, I think that Bionicle 2ā€™s story and marketing have been lacklustre, both in comparison to g1 and in general. itā€™s more how you typically say it, like it almost seems funny to you. Maybe thatā€™s just me misreading tone.

I also do you the credit of assuming you wonā€™t stoop to straw-manning me as someone who tunes in for baseless fanboying, rather than someone who perceives your expectations as too high. You make very valid points on the whole, but when you got to the point of criticising 2001ā€™s story for its simplicity, I was left wondering just what you had been expecting, and thinking that it was probably not a reasonable expectation given what this franchise is.