Vulcaan: Guardian Angel. (Monochrome MOC Contest)

This is pretty much just me throwing ideas I have had floating around for a while thrown into a contest entry.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Enjoy!

90 Likes

letā€™s just say that, your probably going to come first place!

3 Likes

Raptor. You got skill. Holy cow.

5 Likes

I love everything about this MOC, but I especially love the shaping pf the upper torso

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! [quote=ā€œToaPanda, post:4, topic:32835, full:trueā€]
I love everything about this MOC, but I especially love the shaping pf the upper torso
[/quote]

You and me both. XP

1 Like

Thats really good. Good luck in the contest!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is phenomenal. Love the anime-type proportions. It looks like Evangelion crossed with Gundam. Insane dude.

I just wish there was a bigger mask in that color scheme. Thatā€™s the only bummer about this guy, is that the head is so tiny compared to the body.

3 Likes

Thanks! the Gundam look was certainly intentional. And yeah, the head is far too small, but I was on a deadline and making custom heads is way too hard for me.

2 Likes

I love that upper body shoulder region, soo cool.

2 Likes

Thank ye!

1 Like

The head looks a tad small and the waist is a bit think, but the shaping and overall design is otherwise well done.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

nice t-torso

2 Likes

Thank yeh.

1 Like

Agreed, custom heads are tough. Mine always look like disfigured aliens.

2 Likes

Usually I try to check the out the MOCs on the message boards every week or so, and whenever I do I open all the new/unseen topics in new tabs, and just go through them all pretty quickly in one sitting, and this REALLY caught my eye.

The shaping and colour distribution is incredibly well done, but the MOC kinda falls apart at the lower legs and feet for me. (but itā€™s not hard at all to look past that!)
Also, I canā€™t make out how posable the figure is exactly, youā€™ve got it standing in a ā€˜T poseā€™ or slouching slightly in the pictures, and Iā€™m curious if it can achieve more, or with itsā€™ size and weight if thatā€™s about it?

2 Likes

Thanks a ton! and yeah, the lower legs and down were going to be better, but Bricklink costs money and deadlines suck.

As for the posability, you hit it on the head. It could try to do more poses, but most of them would just pull the torso apart.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Brilliant work!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a really good color scheme.

~W12~

2 Likes