Artakha, The Lord of the paradise (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker part 2, Art - by Bukkey)

Hello, brothers and sisters!
Thank you for viewing my entry!

Sorry, my art is just no has any specialic.
It doesn’t have a new-design mask.
It doesn’t have shining-rune at his armor.
But I really love the @KhingK’s MoC, and hope to it become a canon.
and my Word has only few power. so, I moved my Hand.

Concept】
At drawing this, I decided art’s concept first.
“Contrast to his “brother”, Karzahni”.
this is already done, but I thinked I can different one and do that.

Artakha and canon-Karzahni have contrasting compositions.
karzahni’s canon-Art is a “overhead view”, depicted with his territory like a red hell.
In response to this, I drew “a viewpoint of looking up” and “Island Artakha as A blue ideal city” of Artakha’s Art.
I feel that Karzahni in Art is “always looking up”, which seems to represent his inner jealousy and hatred.
But Artakha is a victor, a creator who governs paradise, and a person who is proud of himself.
So I thought I should portray him as “looking down”.

by the way, I decided a concept about Artakha’s art-design like this:

• Don’t force the runes on the driven parts such as joints and cylinders.
  • The rune must be acclimated with the appearance of his armor, as it were “natural” in itself to be present in his armor.
  • To clarify the fact that he was a one of “Humanoid beings” created directly by Great Beings, add some similarities with the Great Spirit Robot to the extent that it does not compromise the original MOC.
  • (example, his waist and arms)

About coloring of background, I inspirated by two Official art.
One has blue sky and great city, and other one has a purple square that has a Giant statue of Hau.
those is very contrasting to Island karzahni, and I really wanted to apper it in art.

【Featurings】

【Thanks and shapeways】
The great design-mask is of cause made by @KhingK / Maskmaker!
We can downloaded the model here!

Really Thank you KhingK, and friend who viewed this!
I hope you like it, and good luck for all! :blush: :blush:

113 Likes

This is in top 2 for sure!

6 Likes

This is fantastic! I honestly wouldn’t mind if mine lost in favor of yours
EDIT: Also I love how you see the hole in his mask as a third eye. I was hoping someone else saw that.

1 Like

Wow your art is amazing I hope this gets into the finals.

4 Likes

Absolutely fantastic artwork! I am really a fan of how you took into consideration the Karzahni Art and incorporated a lot of symbolism into the artwork. This has my vote, not only because it has my mask, but it also hits on all the right notes in terms of nostalgia and art style. Amazing job!

4 Likes

awesome work done here and now time to decoded the runes

1 Like

Get decoding!

2 Likes

@ToaKebaka
Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@KanohiReqi
Thank you!
ithink it is acutally just his eye-crystal’s light, but “The 3rd-eye” tales has be called as “The Eye of knowledge or tluth” in everywhere of real world.
I thinks this looks fit to him! :wink: :blush: :blush:

@MaskMaker
Thank you for your Great mask!
I’m so glad you say so that! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@ToaTrayax90
Thank you!
But sorry, I also used the King K alphabet, but I also use my own, inspired by the pattern on Takua’s chest.
Moreover, it doesn’t have means because I decided that it is more difficult to decipher than usual Matoran language because it was an “ancient language” and Priority the design. :rofl: :rofl:

Q. Why inspired by Takua’s chest?
A. Please see here.

4 Likes

After I saw your Helryx art, I was wondering if you planned to enter the Artakha contest. I love the thought put into the opposing aesthetics. It resembles what we’ve seen before, such as adding the Space Needle lookalike, without being derivative.
KhingK’s mask looks decent in gold irl so good choice of masks. Nicely done!

10 Likes

oahh that’s great!

1 Like

welp that was unexpended so the runes don’t mean anything well it still cool though

2 Likes

Truely beautiful. I love the thought put into contrast with Karazani-others have done the same background as karazani instead of opposite-so this is really good. Also if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. The winning design was perfect (in my opinion) and I’m glad you feel the same way. The perspective is also really epic. This has my vote all the way!
Edit: shame he doesn’t have a toolbelt :confused: but it’s fine :smile:

2 Likes

Bro this is CLEAN!

4 Likes

Love the opposing perspectives you put into this. It’s such a subtle thing, but not only does it make sense, it works. Wishing you the best in the contest!

5 Likes

Want a vote

1 Like

Man, I legitimately got chills at this one.

3 Likes

Far and away, my favorite thusfar. Genuinely excellent reinterpretation of Connor’s moc and a fantastic piece of art, overall. Definitely rooting for this one!

3 Likes

@Kodiak
Thank you!
Mr.Wombat’s MOC is so great, and I wondering how can I draw it.
The gray-colored MoC is cool, but I respected other 2 Legendary Mask are both gold(One rusted into orange, and one changes color of itself sometime, though) :blush:

@Hephaestus
Thank you so much!! :heart_eyes:

@Axelford
Thank you so much!
while drawing, Intentionally removed it for adjust composition.
but I’m so glad you like it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Sabertooth
Thank you so much!! :blush: :blush:

@CMO
Thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@N01InParticular
Thank you so much!!
WOW I’m really glad… :star_struck: :star_struck:

@HeadsintheLethe
Thank you so much!!
Oh, When am I became to Toa of Ice…? :wink: :blush: :blush:

@Arceane64
Thank you so much!!
I respected Mr.Wombat’s MOC at Designing! :blush: :blush:

4 Likes

This :clap: This is the one. My favourite so far, fantastic work!

1 Like

Definitely one of my top fav so far, I especially love the contrast you make with his brother, very fitting to show their nature, in both composition and art style.

1 Like