Best Game Controller?

Ok you caught me
It’s technically big boss cause the custom skins I use are based off snake eater and peace walker camouflages

1 Like

So I’m going to be building a gaming PC with my dad in a few months. What’s the best controller for PC use? I’m not the mouse-keyboard kinda guy, and I’ve never owned a console.

Gonna have to go with the Xbox controllers, though to be fair I either don’t remember what the others were like…

1 Like

the ps4 controller’s real comfy but the xbone controller is a better controller imo

2 Likes

Pretty much any modern controller can be used for PC, just pick whichever one you like the most and troubleshoot it till it works, wired controllers are pretty much plug and go, but Bluetooth controllers are also useable, they just require a bit of finagling(I’d recommend youtubeing it).
Wired is also a fair bit cheaper, if that’s an important factor.

Though I will say, personally gyro aiming is my jam, so if you can get it to work(I haven’t actually researched it myself, so I’m not sure if anyone has got it working yet) the switch pro controller would be my choice, purely for that sweet gyro, if you don’t care about that I’d probably just get an Xbox controller.

1 Like

What’s gyro aiming?

Gyroscopic aiming, motion controls in layman’s terms, using a gyroscope/accelerometer for aiming.
Nintendo is the only console maker that has implemented it and it’s a shame, it really is an excellent system when done right, you use the right thumbstick for gross movement(IE turning around) and tilt the controller for fine adjustment(you can of course still use the stick for aiming as well), it gives precision comparable to a mouse, I’m personally hoping for it to become the standard.
Though like I said, I’m not aware if anyone has gotten it working on PC.

2 Likes

Looks like it works very well. Alright man, thanks for telling me!

1 Like

Xbox 360 controller, even though I have a playstation and play with an xbox one controller on my pc, I used to go to my friends house and play halo reach on his 360. Ps3 controllers are pretty comfortable too (If your hands are big enough). The nintendo pro controllers are pretty good too, but I honestly don’t care about feel, as long as the controller fits in my hand I’m good.

1 Like

I may have missed it, but I didn’t see gyro aiming mentioned in the article, I knew that you can use the pro controller on PC using the physical controls, I’m just not sure if gyro aiming works.
It’d a nice controller either way, I just wouldn’t want you to be disappointed.

1 Like

I gotta recommend the Xbox one controller, for one very simple reason…

6 Likes

Best controller for the Discord logo… Am I right or what? :stuck_out_tongue:

The true best controller is my ! C U R S E D ! 360 controller.

5 Likes

It seems I’m the weirdo that likes the N64 controller better than any other. I’ve used, Gamecube, Wii, Wii gamepad (the plug in one), Wii U gamepad, switch Joy-cons, xbox 1 and 360 controllers (not sure if there is adifference), all Nintendo handhelds excluding Game N Watch, and the PS2 controller.

I personally prefer the Gamecube controller over many others

1 Like

It’s nice. It’s probably number 3, after the DS for me.

I prefer the Wavebird GameCube controller. The batteries in mine lasted for like fifteen years which blows my mind.

1 Like

The gamecube is practically built to last

I have a 3rd party controller that is missing the main joystick over, so it’s just the electronic stick and is uncomfortable, but I love it more than any controller I have

GameCube controller by far. Those things have a great button layout and are super reliable. I’ve never had a Nintendo brand GameCube controller brake on me.

2 Likes

Gamecube Controller hands down.