BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

what im saying is that before this image it was assumed that skull slicer had a skull spider mask because of a poor design choice. now we know that lego gave the skull spider mask to him specifically and for story purposes

3 Likes

of course

or those where just unpowered to begin with.

oh snap bionicle summer 2015 is availible on the australian lego store

1 Like

holy crap lego really hates the US ;-;

13 Likes

And Australia is usually the adored son of lego? :smirk:

I don’t think so.

1 Like

Dang, Lego. Domestic Air Freight Services in Australia - Thefunniestpictures.com

4 Likes

Ekimu made the masks for them long ago in order to form the island to suit their needs. Not to mention PoF has the ability to control fire.

Or maybe they saw that the USA got the Winter Wave of BIONICLE first.

6 Likes

Can I note how tragic Skull Slicer is? He was once a glorious being, much loved and adored…and now he’s just an amnesiac drone. He doesn’t even know how grand he once was in a past life - he can only follow his orders.

7 Likes

The arena Skull Slicer fought in is located in the ancient city correct. Now Assuming the ancient city was abandoned a significant amount of time before the arrival of the toa, it’s logical to think that all record of Skull Slicer before now is either lost to time, very obscure, or hidden away from villager access in the ancient city. This means that even if he was famed and loved by all the the chances of someone knowing his true name aren’t very likely. Also the protectors are more likely to memorize the prophecy of heroes then they are to memorize the name of that one guy they went to see with there dad fight in the arena that one afternoon.

2 Likes

Well at least the US got the sets :unamused:

2 Likes

The BIONICLE site hasn’t updated in Canada, and Lego Store hasn’t either.

I’m going to go set hunting sometime next week, I have a Lego Store, a TRU, and several Targets nearby. I don’t have very high chances since I live in central USA, but with all these recent story leaks and Early Releases, I find myself at least wanting to try.

I’m going to try as often as possible because last release season the Masters/Toa sold out, and I had to wait for restocks.

Kulta vs. Ekimu is the first set I want to pick up though.

Ok, so it seems that G2 got a really rocky start, I have a feeling that the books will have lots and lots of worldbuilding, by the way next saturday I will be going on an adventure to every toystore in a 25 KM ratio to see if any of those have the new bonkles, wish me luck so that I can be succesful

9 Likes

good luck sir

12 Likes

HOLY SKULL
They’re in Italy now!!
Oooooh man,luckily i didn’t checkout yesterday because of my problematic credit card!
MATA NUI SAVED MY WALLET

Imgur

And now…i’m going to buy…all of them.

5 Likes

yeah id say we really got lucky, lego usually hates australia. they raise all of our prices by one third of the american price (for example tahu is anywhere between 25 and 30 dollers when he should be 20 dollers). thats usually 5-10 dollers for bionicles and for other lego sets the raise the price by anything over 20 dollers!

besides the bionicles are only available on the websites. lego takes ages to release sets here i had to wait till march for the toa

1 Like

Cough…

Soo lego Online shop Poland has all Five new skull sets in… preety good prices actualy.

Knowing that I will be near… 4 shops with toys… I will definitly atleast buy one of them (well, KvE and SS will be the ones)

2 Likes

Now, after that information, I have a theory about translucent masks.
I think that all the masks that are translucent have no powers.
That is because we know that protectors don’t really have any powers, and summer Toa masks are also translucent, as Skull Grinder is sucking powers out from masks.
So, this might be a part of a new visual specifics, like: gold masks are cool, solid are not that cool, and translucent are waste.

1 Like

wait in the long commercial does the narrator say “drain the mask and save the world”? or does he say “train the mask and save the world”? either way it doesnt make any sense