BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Taking a guess here that the main prize will be golden MoCo

4 Likes

I agree with this–I doubt it’ll be an MoUP or MoT, because LEGO wouldn’t reveal those things before 2017.

2 Likes

Well this is weird. Beasts are on the site but only for Russia
http://www.lego.com/ru-ru/bionicle/products?icmp=CORU22HomeWNBionicleNewProducts

1 Like

Those Russians get everything before us. This is the second cold war. The war on Bionicle!!!

5 Likes

Not really. The first mask competition for the gold skull spider mask, was won by a constraction MoC maker. The second one for all six toa masks, was one by both kids and adults and was fairly easy to enter. The mask of creation was won by another Bionicle fan as far as i’m aware.

2 Likes

51 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lego Contests

and on the hungarian site:
http://www.lego.com/hu-hu/bionicle/products

huh, in quake beasts expanded background art with can finally see 2016 onua. Additionally Lava beasts back ground is longer then any of the other backgrounds for the summer wave.

1 Like

I really hope the downgrade has some story relevance. Otherwise we are looking at the very worst error in Lego’s box art ever.

8 Likes

If you look at SB and QB you can see "016 Kopaka and Onua so it is a mistake.

It’s gotta be an error. There isn’t any logical reason for why they’d where any masks besides their golden ones. The beasts most likely stole their normal colored ones from wherever the Toa keep their discarded masks.

3 Likes

Google translate is my friend even tough it¨s pretty bad, but anyways, this is what they say about Ekimu

Ekim use masks Universe to build a powerful armor, and regained some of its former strength . Join the heroic Toa to fight Umarakom - destroyer and natural creatures and spins a mighty Crystal hammer. To reflect their attack using poison Shield crystal blade and save the islanders Okoto .

@Koffern I’d wait until we get character bios. The products page always gives you the same description fluff as online stores. A lot of the time you get non-canon information from the product descriptions, while the character bios are filled with (mostly, unless retconned later) canon information.

2 Likes

i said the same thing many posts ago. I mean it makes more sence that the Beasts would most likely steal the Toa’s mask and use them on the toa so that they too fall under Umarak/Makuta’s control so that they can revive Makuta the same way they did for Ekimu. Its better than one of the beasts steals the toa’s colored masks to gain their elemental powers without wearing them.

Yes- unfortunately probably an error, but id like to see a downgrade happen.

1 Like

I personally believe that the great forge is like a giant Suva. In the pictures from the mask maker contest the masks appear to be kept in niches in the wall. Probably not true, but it would give the brothers a huge amount of control over the distribution of masks and possibly control over the islanders, like punishing criminals by taking away their masks and they can’t do anything about it.

1 Like

Maybe…criminals are given Skull Masks?

Or maybe that’s just the Warriors…

1 Like

5 Likes

Eh.
The black around the head makes it look jarring.
Just looks like he lost a jaw so he got a bling bling replacement.

7 Likes

It took me a second to notice the difference.
I wish it was that color though

1 Like