BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Not my call.

The topic was closed due to off-topicness and pessimism. People will start again if we open it.

5 Likes

hey Chronicler, did you see this?

the MoUP does have a slight similarity to the fragment, but only slight. This does however mean that the possibility of the fragment being from the MoUP is not disproven just yet.

2 Likes

I saw, yes. And I don’t agree with it. The shaping of the shard doesn’t match when you think of the extra details.

Plus the Mask of Ultimate Power is purple/black, and when it was first made, in the comic we saw it as a grey color.

4 Likes

Nope. Far as I’m concerned, nothing about this video is related to 2017.

2 Likes

So why are they showing the battle between Makuta and Ekimu again?

I mean, we’ve already gotten it in three different forms of media: the animations, the graphic novel and the books.

Do we really need it in TJtO too?

1 Like

Apart from the Makuta set and the MoUP.

1 Like

This is the shard, kinda)) Doesn’t it look like the piece of MoUP? It even has part of ring that is devided by 6 sections, look closely at screenshots!
(yeah, my painting skills are bad)

3 Likes

That actually helps now that you drew the details. You’re right. The ring especially helps.

1 Like

It’s a shard, it could be a piece of anything. And the ring being divided into six sections like you mentioned is just a result of the light reflecting off the shard.

1 Like

You’re assuming this becomes a set. We’ve seen Makuta several times in the past, and even from the very get-go. There is no confirmation here.

3 Likes

Who knows, we may get some new details on the MoUP or something along those lines

1 Like

its hard to say that it does not match when you take time to study the images:

i did write about the possibility that the mask of Ultimate Power is not naturaly black in color. do that mean that Makuta’s eyes are naturaly red in color? no it does not.

the black color could very well as i have said before, be from the “burning” effect that the mask had, and not because it was forged black, and remember that the mask still had its “burning” effect in Ekimu’s trailer. so really its still open for debate that the mask is naturaly black. Heck, if the fragment is from the MoUP, the golden color might also not be its natural color even.

3 Likes

Yes, but not in as much detail as this (chest pattern, for example). I don’t think that the animation team would go through all that effort if they didn’t have a design provided to them by Lego. Although yes, I suppose that this isn’t confirmation.

1 Like

Yes. Yes we do.

Moar Legend plox.

2 Likes

I bet it’s going to be different from what we saw in the Legend and Graphic Novel 2.

because that is the way

of G2

3 Likes

The shard you guys are talking about may not even be a shard of the mask but a shard of Makuta himself. Take a look at this
Makuta’s body looks like it’s being shattered and pieces are flying off.[quote=“Invader, post:28564, topic:15529”]
I bet it’s going to be different from what we saw in the Legend and Graphic Novel 2.
[/quote]

I’d say it’d be closer to GN 2 then the legend because the legend was well…the legend

3 Likes

So after looking at the Ekimu trailer one more time I realised that Makuta is Toa sized in his normal form instead of protector size. I just hope we will get 2 Makuta’s.

1 Like

There’s four different variations of Makuta at this point: Mask Maker Makuta, enlarged black and red Makuta, shadow flame Makuta and now enlarged normal-colored Makuta.

pick one already.

3 Likes

Shadow flame? where?

1 Like

In The Journey to One.

He’s a shadow flame.

1 Like