BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Not a 3D modeling expert, so feel free to call me out here, but I don’t think that’s how it works. Though it seems like it may borrow elements from past designs(probably not intentionally), there would be no point in putting a place holder, seeing as you would have to make a new model to combine those given elements anyway. This is what the mask looks like.

7 Likes

Nah Tesla, the post is about us getting the Makuta set, due to the rumors of it a little bit ago. Hence why I said, “at least one more set”. I think it’s a little to big of a coincidence to have a fully designed set, chest print mask and all, and have rumors saying we could get one more set.

1 Like

so anyone?

1 Like

Not really, I just want actual proof behind what you are saying, and you not providing it.

You are using hints as something I should see as facts, but should never be the case unless proven but cold hard facts.

Its the same reason why people had such a hard time believe that the outline in the poster was the MoUP. Unless its confirmed by the official appearance, it can be anything really.

Its the same reason why I dont side with both cancellation or continuation of the line, I need cold hard facts not hints. Hints mean nothing in both of the cases unless facts step in and say otherwise.

There were many who believed that this mask would be as no-canon as master Kopaka’s drained golden mask

1 Like

And you might be right! I just want to say though that it would not be out of the ordinary at all if, hypothetically, the Volta team modeled something based on existing references because the script calls for a Mask of Ultimate Power and they weren’t provided an official design.

Lets just say it could/could not be a thing, not most likely or not. Is that okey?

Pretty sure that they would’ve been given that official design by Lego. The 2017 sets are probably nearing the final stages of development, so this mask will at least look similar to the one that we receive in set form.

1 Like

I hope it is, but Ill be completely fine it wasnt as well.

Would you be fine it it wasnt the case as well?

1 Like

I don’t agree. There are small details that differ this mask enough.

4 Likes

I hope so as well, but Im kinda use to things not going the way it was thought it would cough* Mass Effect 3 cough*

1 Like

Also, did everyone miss how it says at the top of the video, “If there is shadow there must be light!”

Dunno if this confirms Ekimu to be a “Toa of Light” or if this is figurative, but I feel LEGO wants to get the feel of 2003 back. Light against the Shadow Hunter. Creation vs. Destruction. It’s a fight for the ages.

9 Likes

He always felt like Takanuva to me. 7th of the group = 7th Toa. He is a nice mix of Takanuva, Lhikan, Vakama, and Mata-Nui.

6 Likes

Yeah no, off-topic discussion is forbidden and will result in a day suspension. You guys know better.

Any chance that the 2017 speculation topic will be opened up again?

1 Like