BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

What’s wrong with that? G1 Makuta had so many more forms then G2

1 Like

Yeah but three of the forms of Makuta during the battle conflict with each other. In the Legend he turns black and red and big. In TJtO he just gets big. In the graphic novel he stays the same size.

1 Like

@PakariNation99 @Chronicler @Scarilian
I think the purple is just the MoUP starting to merge with Makuta. When it was knocked off, the chin thinned out, the six prongs are back, and it went to fully black again.

OK… NOW I’m starting to see it.

But I’m still thinking it’s fully intact. Again,

1 Like

Well then those are both errors or the higher ups on the Bionicle team didn’t have a true design for Makuta yet

1 Like

ahh his spirit, right.

$30 Makuta’s spirit will be released in the summer wave of 2017 confirmed.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/9a43b845ba5d4d91918037c5cf6e3aba.png

4 Likes

Just saw the video! Once again, I am always away when the good stuff happens.

Holy Gadunka, Ekimu looks amazing. Actually makes me want to buy the set!

Seeing Ekimu’s falcon (Agil, I guess) is a nice treat. I’m wondering why he hasn’t shown up until now? He also reminds me heavily of Nivawk, mostly from his stern eyes and the way he always looks at his master.

The Mask of Ultimate Power is a little underwhelming for me. I’m not a fan of the mouth on it, but then again I have to keep in mind this is a different Makuta than the one I grew up with. The mask gives him more a demonic villain look rather than a cold, cunning menace.

It also doesn’t seem to have six prongs like the animation version, but as I said before designs change.

Those are certainly similar design elements, but they aren’t conglomerated together. The mouth region is triangular and has three triangular teeth. With Doctor has four straight, rounded teeth. The pistons on the mouth as well aren’t as pronounced as on the MoUP.

Breeze’s projections from the sides are thin and swoop up slightly. The MoUP’s prongs are thick and go straight across. The eyes are also more narrow and farther apart.

The Mask of Creation’s concept art has two thick prongs that don’t connect. The MoUP has one, tapering prong.

So, similar? Yes. Mashed together masks? Not really.

3 Likes

Wait a minute, if he got Umarak to go catch the creatures, that means…

Makuta wants to catch em’ all! (Even if that includes getting other people to do it for you)

1 Like

to anyone who would want to say that “the MoUP did not shatter when Ekimu knocked it off Makuta’s face” i would just like to bring up the fact that no one here ever though of the possibility that “someone” did manadge to discover the MoUP, i mean Kulta and the skull creatures manadge to find the MoCr (even though we never got an explenation for that) so its not impossible for someone to discover the MoUP.

so what im getting at is that someone (ither one or six villager or Protectors) found the mask betwine the years of Ekimu’s burial and the Toa’s arrival, and fearing of the Mask’s power, they wisely destroyed the mask in fragments and hid them all over the island.

again, many years went by betwine Ekimu’s burial and the Toa’s arrival on Okoto, so its not impossible for something like that to happen.

1 Like

Then why would Kulta destroy The Mask Hoarder’s greatest creation if he works under Makuta? That doesn’t add up.

3 Likes

you are making a joke right?

because i did not say that Kulta destroyed the mask.

Ah, but you brought up the possibility, and I refuted that.

1 Like

The only way to destroy a mask on the power level of the Mask of Creation is in the mask maker’s forge. Surely it would take nothing less to [quote=“DarkHenrik, post:28577, topic:15529”]
destroyed the mask in fragments
[/quote]
especially considering that the MoUP could be significantly more powerful.

3 Likes

so?

there are years that happend betwine the two events.

for all we know, there might have been more events that happend which we did not get to see.

infact, maybe Kulta did find the MoUP and some protectors or other villagers stole it from him, and that is why the mask was destroyed, to keep it out of Kulta’s hands.

I’m really more inclined to believe that the mask shattered when Ekimu hit it, causing the Cataclysm. Someone else coming across it and breaking it doesn’t really flow narratively or makes sense. Speaking of the Cataclysm, we don’t see that in the video even though we know it is confirmed to happen. Perhaps a few seconds later the Mask becomes too unstable without Makuta and explodes.

4 Likes

the reason i mention the idea of someone else shattering the mask is because BBC1Wholock1 stated that the mask did not shatter in the Ekimu video, thus it did not shatter, and thus the fragment was never a part of the MoUP (even though my connection image shows that it does have many similarities to the MoUP).

the reason why peopel where still a little against it, was because the lighting of the video, made any details of the mask hard to see, like the symbol on its forehead:
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/f/8/f815ac09befbb06469a5cb127345ff9ca9daf002.png

but by making it more brighter, one can see the similarities it does have with the fragment.

1 Like

I believe the MoUP is solid black, once Ekimu knocks it off it instantly turns black, so the purple might just be “ultimate power”. Or maybe we will get 2 different versions of the MoUP.

1 Like

The difference in colour is a significant point. We know that the MoUP is black in it’s powered-down state, and a meld of black and purple when powered up… so why then, if it shattered and each shard rendered powerless, would it become gold? In fact, looking at the image you just posted, I am inclined to say for certain that that shard is not a part of the MoUP. Look at the bottom of the shard - it is smooth and rounded, that bottom is the definitive bottom of whatever the shard is a part of. However, in the comparison images you have show, there is a part of the mask to the bottom and to the left - therefore the bottom of the shard should not be so smooth, it should be more jagged.

Also, watch Umarak’s video very closely again. You can clearly see that the tip of the shard extends further than is physically shown, in a horn-like manner (watch the gleam of the shard). The tip cannot be part of the ring that is on the MoUP, and therefore the shard not a part of the mask itself.

3 Likes

Yea, I also don’t think it’s a piece from the MoUP, especially not now when you mentioned the bottom part of it.

1 Like

I would be hard pressed to call that ‘Ultimate Makuta’;

• It doesn’t have the black and red colour scheme of the animations
  • It doesn’t have the scale of the animations
  • He’s pretty much a slightly enlarged copy of Ekimu with a different hammer, chest piece and mask

Plus the mask itself doesn’t have the same six pronged outline… it has four prongs and a sort of lump on either side of his chin…

I must admit, i am really not a fan of this mask and from the changes they have made i am not entirely sure it is the MoUP. They took what made it look menacing and removed it - along with what made it recognisable (other than the black flame/smoke)

http://i.imgur.com/x80UO8U.png?1

• It lacks the six prongs, only has four and a slight bump on either side of his chin
  • It has a different shape, the circular forehead piece just looks really strange and non-threatening

Its lost the outline it had when we original saw it and revealing it like this is just so disappointing. It looks dumb rather than menacing - it doesn’t look scary other than the eyes which look too much like -_- to even show a scary expression… :confused:

It just doesn’t seem to be having the same affect that the MoUP was meant to have, turning Makuta much larger than simply toa-sized and giving him a black and red colour scheme. Especially if the shot of him fighting Ekimu is meant to be some kind of flashback, it contradicts what we saw in the very first animation of G2…

The location also doesn’t seem to match with the 2015 animations (Not sure about the graphic novels’ portrayal) so I’m a bit disappointed about all the inconsistences.

Hopefully… i wouldn’t want them to show us the Mask Of Ultimate Power until much later - ideally at the end of the winter 2017 storyline.

If this is the MoUP then I’m not impressed - its underwhelming and seems more cartoony than any of the other G2 masks

1 Like

we seems to have a reverse effect from the JtO game and the show.

In show:
http://image.prntscr.com/image/9a43b845ba5d4d91918037c5cf6e3aba.png
Makuta’s spirit is black and red.

In Game:

Makuta’s spirit is black and purple.

1 Like