BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I have answers: https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/latest-ldd-updates/20021

THE ELUSIVE RUSSIAN POLYBAG IS MINE AT LAST

It was well worth the hassle :3

nice and smooth, with some stiffness.
Obviously, doesn’t really drape itself over his arm the way a real cape would.

I do, and that’s right, I did get it for the cape :wink:

11 Likes

The Jelly is real
what is the quality of the cape?

I can see it being a good way to get Ekimu’s mask if you haven’t got the golden one yet. Yet if you do have Ekimu’s mask you are just getting it for the cape…

Hopefully we get more than just that polybag this year, was hoping for some more masks or cool stuff.

1 Like

I foresee poly bags for the green-goo-corrupted masks of water, stone, and air.

4 Likes

I think I know the answer to the maze thing. Like with the Toa not being able to just fly over it.

I think the actual maze itself is contained in the solid parts, not the open parts.

If this has been answered before you can tell me.

1 Like

O rly? :wink:

As much as we’d like to get a full set of Summer masks, it didn’t happen last year so I don’t hold out much hope for it happening this year… :confused:

2 Likes

I just thought of something…

So in 2016 the trans-neon yellow is meant to represent the goo, right? (At least, that’s why all of the Toa have blue eyes). Then why does Ekimu have yellow eyes still?

In a shot where Umarak is shown escaping the maze through the top, you can see that aside from the open portion that he jumped out of, the rest of the maze is completely sealed from above.

1 Like

I’m speculating that;

• One of them is going to be released with another activity book, graphic novel or regular chapter book.
  • One of them is going to be a promotional item given away at Lego Shops and Online
  • One of them is going to be bundled with the release of Bionicle Journey To One (If it does get a DVD release)

https://d304k3mn1nwj0a.cloudfront.net/meme/close-enough.png

While we didn’t get six blended masks last year, we did get 4 blended masks and two transparent coloured masks (Tahu’s Polybag mask and Gali’s Lego Tour mask) - which i think was close enough and probably Lego’s intention so that we’d have all the main Toa masks having some form of transparency. We also got the clear Tahu mask as an additional transparent mask.

That still leaves the massive open portion that people could easily get through to get deeper into the maze, avoiding the ‘Are you a Toa’ locking mechanism on the front.

Except the two transparent masks were for the Winter wave, and only one of them got a proper release.

This year there are three “missing” masks rather than just two. But going by past experience, I’d be happy merely if the three we get are canon.

And I wouldn’t believe it even if LEGO advertised one of the “missing” masks coming with a book, after the “exclusive” mask with last year’s activity book turned out to be an Ekimu villager mask re-release… :confused:

PS Surely the hole in the Labyrinth Umarak jumps out of was caused by the blocks falling from the ceiling just before? I don’t think it was always open like that.

3 Likes

He had blue eyes in JtO, and all of the Toa who previously had yellow eyes now have blue.

1 Like

It’s great to get another LDD update

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the reason Ekimu has Tr Neon Green eyes is so it contrasts with his transparent mask. Making them blue would make the eyes practically invisible.

8 Likes

I would have assumed that the open gap was caused by the falling blocks when Umarak was making his escape.

1 Like

This. I don’t know why they did green eyes in the Kulta combo set, as blue eyes on that figure looks AMAZING. However, with a trans-blue mask, green eyes are pretty necessary…

7 Likes

Cause unlike the Toa he is consistent with his eye color. I HIGHLY doubt this has any story relevance at all, it’s more of a design choice as stated by Chronos.

And yea he did have blue eyes in JTO, this can be explained by: they thought it looked better or simply a mistake, just like his head and eyestalk color switching.

10 Likes

It’s not consistency when Ekimu’s eyes have been blue in all other media though.

It’s more of a coincidence that both set versions of him have him wearing a mask with trans-blue, so the designers have swapped his eyes to give better contrast on the box art.

Blue is the canon colour for Ekimu’s current form, though we will have to wait to see if his eyes canonically change colour for his Summer form.

2 Likes