BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Ekimu’s eyes were green/Yellow in the animations and such, the only media that has showed his eyes being blue was JTO if I’m not mistaken.

Regardless the eyes are consistent as far as his set incarnations go, JTO took took tje libertt of making them blue (they took tons of liberties)

Anyway I’m not really bothered by this, the color of the eyes is as previously stated necessary to prevent the eyes of being invisible

1 Like

Purple eyes would be cool. they would look good on Onua, and Makuta if he gets a set

5 Likes

Plus the Legend.

Anyway, I think it’s just a case of “LEGO doesn’t care anymore and gives a character whatever eye color they feel like that day.”

4 Likes

They were blue in the animations until they changed to match the set. Also blue in:
-JTO
-The BIONICLE.com story section (“Ekimu’s Mission” I think)
-The comic on MMvSG
-Arguably the blue eyes behind the MoCr in all promotional material are Ekimu’s

Anyway, I’m not really sure why I care. I suppose it’s because Ekimu’s appearance was one of the first things established in G2, then they changed it for the set, causing it to look terrible with the MoCr on… :confused:

3 Likes

I wish they had more eyestalk colours. It would allow for issues like these to be fixed (trans. dark blue would work too), lets the Toa feel even more unique, and allows for more MOCing potential.

1 Like

Because he had yellow eyes in the animations. Yellow eyes last year for his set, yellow eyes this year. It’s consistency.

That isn’t a fact, though. I have no idea why they all have blue eyes but that does NOT make this idea any more fact. The Toa had different eye colors last year. Do you mean to tell me that Gali 2015 was ALSO evil? That Onua was evil?

Pretty much this.

Also this.

6 Likes

He had blue eyes in the Legend. He had yellow in the Summer animations. He had blue in TJtO, and he will have yellow in Summer 2016.

It’s probably just for set contrast reasons.

4 Likes

Or maybe Ekimu really likes colored contacts

6 Likes

Yes! That’s definitely it! Ok, everyone can go now! We’ve figured it out you can all go home now!

2 Likes

Ok, I don’t really want this to go on any longer, but I’d just like to comment on a few things:

I understand the consistency, but this point is irrelevant since the Toa’s eyes are inconsistent with last years (most of them anyways).

My bad here. This is what I had assumed for a long time and I forgot it hadn’t been confirmed.

Obviously not. Some colours seem to represent different things this year compared to last year, even in different waves; the trans-neon yellow seems to represent being under the control of Umarak, much like in the summer 2015 wave the trans-neon orange represented being under the control of Kulta.

In the end, I made a mistake, please don’t take it the wrong way. But I think we can all agree on this:

4 Likes

Changing topic completely, does it disturb anyone else that the stickers on 2016 Kopaka’s shield go partly over the moulding indentations on the pieces?

So that there’s a tiny section of sticker not actually stuck to anything, gradually collecting dust that floats by. And one day a fibre will stick there and it will be visible…

shudders

4 Likes

Yes, I updated it. THERE ARE SO MANY NEW PIECES!! :exclamation:
Like the 2015 gearbox, the 2016 creature gear…

1 Like

The one with the peg-axle label. I used it in one of my creations.

1 Like

Welp I can’t wait to get the new sets

1 Like

The first 2016 wave 2 set in getting has to be QB because its awesome

1 Like

I’m not liking how QB looks. Maybe he’ll be a bit like skull Scorpio, and his function will have to make up for his unfortunate looks.

Guys, let’s not @ people for jokes

It fills up inboxes quickly and can be annoying.

Thanks.

10 Likes

QB the best set? you are all kidding right? some might say it looks ok, but the best?

9 Likes

For this wave, he’s at number two for me, right behind the destroyer. Funny, coz I freakin hated it at first. But I dunno, he’s got a cool function, that purple is sweet, and I like the idea behind it.

1 Like