BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Well maybe they shouldnt have made them so bad and subpar to other sets and actually give a dang about making it worth to buy.

2 Likes

Pohatu’s actually quite good, just a few odd colour choices.

See most people agree.

In fact more people like him more than Kopaka (somehow)

@Azani the skull gang don’t have elements, they merely share trans colours with their opposing toa.

Also, I like Ketar but amazing is definitely not a word I would use to describe him

1 Like

Skull Scorpio isn’t necessarily a stone set, or at least that was never confirmed by LEGO. He is supposed to be Pohatu’s opponent, as well as sharing the same trans. color with him, though. I like the colors of 2016, I would just like them to be distributed a little better.

Obviously it’s a matter of opinion, but I would regardless say that Pohatu 2016 is not a good set.

Aside from any official elemental affiliation, or lack thereof, the skull villians are probably associated with the elements of their respected Toa by the average customer. It’s the pattern that constraction has followed, with one or two exceptions, for the last fifteen years.

1 Like

Yeah, because IMO Kopaka is a terrible set.

2 Likes

TBH, I have to agree. The build is alright, but it drains out all of the character that Kopaka’s build had last year.

2 Likes

Well…only one person bothered to review

1 Like

Yes but you can’t call it a bad set because the colour scheme doesn’t mach stone, despite what the average customer thinks, because it isn’t a bad set as it isn’t a stone set. It’s a bad/average set because it’s design is sub par

2 Likes

Stone sets have never sold well even in G1

6 Likes

WHY
stone sets always were awesome

;-;

4 Likes

It’s probably the color. Brown usually doesn’t sell well with kids

1 Like

it sold well with me i loved the brown sets
i still do my first two sets were turaga onewa 2001 and pohatu 2001

They don’t sell well because they’re the color of poo.

7 Likes

well then green sets or any sets with yellow should not sell well either…

2 Likes

Tbh I think Ketar sells badly not for being stone, but for just being sloppy for most. If it was jungle he would still sell badly.

Pohatu is pretty solid though at least in my opinion.

2 Likes

Pfft, I’m sorry but people should really give the stone sets a better chance. I mean honestly, they have, for two straight years, proven to be the funnest sets, at least for me. Like from a design perspective, I love Onua. The colours are great, the design is great, unity form is cool, etc. But (and I don’t know if this is just my copy) he is lousy to play around with. The waist gimmick is completely at the mercy of his obnoxiously large hammer, which is one pain to reload, his legs don’t pose well at all because they are fairly short (seriously, why is this?). Gali’s hard to pose, Lewa has his own issues, although I would argue he’s also got a great design. Tahu’s way too lanky (this has become exceedingly evident when I hold him in hand…it’s off-putting) and Kopaka has this lousy shoulder construction (again, design aspects I think are great…but in practice…yeesh). Pohatu is easily the most solid of the bunch, he’s also the funnest to play around with. I actually don’t mind the unity form mess…especially since you have extra claws on his shoulders which are still functional, unlike Onua/Kopaka’s creature’s paws. It’s a shame people hate those two sets, they are much better than you’d expect…but as others have said, I kind of understand why people would dislike Ketar. I really hope they return the stone sets to that beautiful dark orange, even though I actually don’t mind the dark tan currently on Pohatu.

4 Likes

10 Likes

An interesting thought: Does Umarak the Destroyer still retain shadow power? I mean, he no longer wheres the Krak- I mean maybe possibly considerably mask of Shadows. What IS with the burned mask in ETMM?! In Ekimu the Mask Maker, maybe that Umarak mask is transoragnge because it is partially freshly burned like http://freedesignfile.com/upload/2012/12/burning_paper_04.jpg . Either because Umarak is now BEASTial he destroyed it as it was lying on the ground or something. Maybe Tahu burned it, or even Lava Beast when Umarak created Lava Beast. It could even be the “green goo” the community is calling it. It’s probably acid, right? Maybe it’s from Makuta creating UTD.

so… my photoshop broke and I can’t use it anymore, but if I could use it I would make a image of ketar crying, I mean, ok, he isn’t the best creature, but he isn’t a bad set!

all you need is love or maybe he will hang with makuta “Hello darkness my old friend”

2 Likes