BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Personally I find burnt orange is much more pleasant to the eyes than mata brown.
And silver works better than black.

5 Likes

Then that’s you i love mata brown and mata tan

BRING BACK TAN #2017

But he’s got da best function! Plus Metru blue!

0% chance. Once Lego stops producing a colour, it is gone for good and ain’t coming back. Plus doesn’t Pohatu have tan anyway

@LQ1998 for the price they are, the beasts are definitely worth the money

Deh, they did.

Just not in Bonkle. (Also Pohatu Matas old Brown colour)

5 Likes

[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:22372, topic:15529”]
Deh, they did.
[/quote]i really need to get them
so i can get more tan on my MOCS

now bring it bac kto bionicle

The thing is I don’t take apart my sets. So how they look and can be displayed is the value to me. I’m not going to use them for parts.

2 Likes

Neither do I, my point is they are only £9.99 so they are very cheap and worthy of the price for what they are.

@Lq1998 For a Bionicle set it is

Not sure what that translates to USD. But that’s still not cheap, and I’ve got college textbooks to pay for. :stuck_out_tongue: I just can’t justify it for a set I just don’t like that much.

Agreed. It pops a lot more than Mata Brown, and the brightness keeps it on-par with the colours of the other Toa.

4 Likes

Didn’t you just prove yourself wrong by your own logic; the idea that Lego never brings colors back?

Lego discontinued Dark Green in constraction in 2003, then brought it back in 2011.

Dark Green was still be used in system sets during that time. Technically he is correct in the fact that once a color is no longer produced it won’t be brought back, but the discontinuation of colors themselves is pretty rare.

2 Likes

…nah, it’s an old and fairly boring colour. Dark orange is waaaaay better.

I honestly don’t know. Again, the dark tan doesn’t completely bother me, but it is a reason for Pohatu to be kinda…not liked as much as his 2015 version. At least for me it is. I have a bad feeling that perhaps they changed his colour scheme because Master of Stone was selling poorly? I hope that isn’t the case. I sent LEGO an email asking that they maybe consider bringing back the dark orange lol so we’ll see, but also complementing some things about the current figure. I dunno, I really hope they bring back dark orange…it just looks so much better than the dark tan.

3 Likes

No. I was pointing out that if you want a colour back 0% chance if it’s been discontinued (normally they just stop producing it though). Then I pointed out Pohatu to show it wasn’t discontinued anyway, even though that’s dark tan (my mistake).

Dark green was used in for the Metru no? And vastus if I remember correctly. Plus it was used in system anyway

@Lambda_cla3391 that’s my one big problem with his uniter, where did the burnt orange go Lego?

Just a reminder that people are arguing over swamp green and beige in the Bionicle 2016 Discussion Topic. Would the Bionicle 2017 Discussion Topic be a better place for this, we know there will be no dark green or dark orange in 2016.

LB’s ankles

So anyways, if the Toa end up destroying Umarak as well as the MoCo, how would that affect Makuta since he seems to still have a bond with the mask?

He could now have a new bond with the MoUP

i don’t think he can be destroyed
i think both Makuta and Ekimu “die” and depending if they continue the theme, the toa become legends and a new toa team arises. but both ekimu and makuta still exist and makuta needs a new body…

1 Like

one of the higher-ups in lego have expressed interest in star wars being the lead for CCBS with no mention of bionicle
https://www.reddit.com/r/bioniclelego/comments/4btl5q/whats_with_all_the_worry_for_bionicles_future/

when Ninjago ended it only received one wave before it went away
This also sounds really worrying, considering Ninjago was highly popular when it was let off but regardless of that it didn’t receive a full year before getting cancelled (and then renewed)

Does this claim have any base to it?

2 Likes