BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

No not at all
because starwars is a brand liscense, does lego cancel all other themes because of starwars regular bricks?

No.

it is likely he’s just another redditor who prefers starwars CCBS
over bionicle

either way when it comes from lego’s mouth i will trust it
untill then nope no base.

2 Likes

I derped.

4 Likes

You’re thinking of Earth Green, ironically darker than dark green.

I wasn’t able to find a comment citing that. It wouldn’t surprise me but at the same time it doesn’t seem to be a smart move to limit the Constraction market to only a listened theme.

Yes, but you must understand that while it was popular Lego had no idea how much it actually was. They had to hire new employees to keep up with the calls complaining about the cancelation. Since then they’ve sunk a bit more effort into researching a theme’s impact.

I can see that lots of people are concerned about Bionicle continuing past 2017 or even if 2017 will have a full wave. I don’t have the answer, but I trust that it will fill the three year prediction. I even hope that will live a little longer to fill the Constraction fan demand, because while we are a niche we still exist.

2 Likes

See, this is the thing.

If you look at themes that followed the three year plan they always had only one wave for their last year.

They didn’t say the three year plan for what it actually is.
I don’t think Bionicle would be any different.

But here’s the thing: Ninjago and Nexo Knights are kinda replaceable. Not saying their not liked, but for every action theme that dies two more take it’s place. Plus, they still have regular Star Wars sets. I agree with a lot of people- what’s the point of getting rid of Bionicle? To bring back HF? Even HF beat it’s three year plan. That being said, HF was GETTING ROASTED AND REKT by Bionicle fans at the time, even if they were upset with the Stars. I’m optimistic Bionicle isn’t going anywhere. But if it does the oNly other thing I can see them doing is making Ninjago and Nexo Knights and maybe even stuff from Lego Ideas like a Doctor Who Or Lord of the Rings constraction.

4 Likes

Bionicle fans were a vocal minority by the time Hero Factory reached 2013.

4 Likes

But even if was HF was good a lot people (but not all) were saying HF SUKZ WHY U DO DIS because it “replaced” bonkle.

I wouldn’t trust reddit. It is full of liars

3 Likes

I said “vocal minority” for a reason. Salty Bionicle fans were not that common when Hero Factory was a few years old (2012, 2013 etc.), but they were very vocal.

1 Like

Oh…ok misunderstood you.

So, anyway, If everyone is confident Bionicle is ending after its first three years, what did people think then after HF’s first 3 years (i don’t remember)

Edited for Double Post - Slime

Meanwhile, this conversation has essentially nothing to do with 2016. There are other topics that could be used to discuss this topic. Use them.

4 Likes

I have an actually idea about 2016: In a picture like this http://zusammengebaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lego-bionicle-71314-international-toy-fair-2016-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg the Beast Head is looking a little like a Protector mask. Maybe Makuta changed what mattered most to attack the Toa: the Okotians they are early protecting. I know it would be dark. This could also explain why the beasts are a horde enemy (are they a horde enemy?)
On another note do you guys have any ideas what that Umarak mask is doing in the Ekimu the Mask Mker set? I still think it’s orange aroung the edges like that because it has been freshly burned (like http://images.crestock.com/3010000-3019999/3018895-xs.jpg ) by UTD’s acid/green goo.

2 Likes

Tan is still around and mata brown as you call it was replaced with reddish brown.

No they didnt, thats dark tan and reddish brown on Finn and Dark brown and tan on Rey.

No hes right, lewa 2001 used Green, post 2003 ever green set used Dark Green, in 2015 lewa now uses Bright Green.

We don’t know if they are horde enemies, and tbh I would hate it if they were. I also hate the idea of the beasts being corrupted Okotans (official name btw) or Creatures, let the beasts be their own thing.

was the first
one to use okotans
darnit

1 Like

I have the feeling LoSS will become very miserable if he keeps returning but his plans fail.

‘I have returned, Toa!!!’

‘Not now LoSS, we are busy!’

LoSS walks away feeling unwanted

7 Likes

Well I have a very strong feeling they won’t be their own thing and just corrupted versions of Ikir, Terak, and Akida

Maybe but I just find that idea completely unoriginal.

Oh it most certainly is unoriginal which is a part of G2 that I hate.

1 Like