BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Kind of…didn’t the LEGO CEO say this? Also, that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.

That’s completely irrelevant. Bricks are LEGO’s core, constraction is a very small niche…branch, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Star Wars was the leader of constraction as opposed to Bionicle. New movies, more relatable, more well-known, it makes sense, sadly.

I really disagree on this…I’m pretty sure Umarak got a power boost and was able to create these creatures out of nothing, kind of like he can make shadow traps…I don’t know if that makes sense, but the most obvious giveaway to that is the fact that all the beasts have at least parts of shadow traps on them…so corrupted creatures I would highly doubt.

1 Like

You think Lego really cares?

But I do agree, I hope they are there own thing, I think they will probably not go the corrupted route as to not hinder play.

1 Like

Not really actually it makes no sense to restrict everything in a genre to one thing, the more sets the more money
the kid who doesn’t like starwars might like bionicle there is no reason to be a debby downer do

[quote=“lambda_cla3391, post:22410, topic:15529”]
didn’t the LEGO CEO say this? Also, that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest.
[/quote] If you’re trusting reddit than i feel really bad for you dude

1 Like

Now that I think about it I think you’re right! Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that Lego can have SOME originality

Hey listen, things in life sometimes don’t go your way…and you know, not to be a downer and all, but that’s how it is. I get you wouldn’t be happy with Bionicle ending nor would I frankly…but if it ends, no amount of pouting will bring it back. Also, that argument is completely baseless, how would you know what a majority of kids would want? If they think LEGO, they would usually think of bricks, system themes, not action figures. There’s tons more they could choose from which aren’t limited to the constraction theme.

5 Likes

What?

If a set does not sell well, then LEGO looses money because of the price of making that set, just because there is a ton of sets does not mean they are all going to sell.

4 Likes

Then why doesn’t Lego have multiple constraction ip’s at once? And promote it better at that?

1 Like

start at 6:29…not a single hint or mention of Bionicle…like I wouldn’t be surprised if Bionicle gets cancelled or isn’t selling well…i think it sold well in the past because the audience was different…I’m not gonna go into details about why I think so because I don’t know. I wasn’t interested in Bionicle until I saw the Rahkshi commercial in summer of 2003, so perhaps it was marketing.

5 Likes

Multiple similar lines cannibalize each other’s sales. Like how Chima constraction did not sell well in the states because of HF and the like, same goes for the Super hero ultra builds.

Are you implying that bionicle does not sell well?

[quote=“lambda_cla3391, post:22417, topic:15529”]
not a single hint or mention of Bionicle…like I wouldn’t be surprised if Bionicle gets cancelled or isn’t selling
[/quote]oh wow the leader of lego forgot to mention bionicle, big deal stop being a doom caller dude.

3 Likes

I believe we have heard that it does “fine” not stellar, not too bad. But that is what they said about HF a year before it ended as well.

If BIONICLE was doing amazing and continuing, it probably would have been mentioned.

1 Like

It’s not selling as well as it used to, no.

It’s not sucking, but from what we’ve heard 2015 had average to acceptable sales.

I still don’t think it’s anything to get scared over. Bionicle has almost never been mentioned in great length in anything LEGO related.

The LEGO Movie: A few Frames
The LEGO Book: About 4 pages
Any LEGO Documentary: None, even though it saved the company. Star Wars always gets mentioned, though.

And this was G1, so if one of LEGO’s biggest original IPs couldn’t get much recognition in its high point, what are we to expect now?

4 Likes

I don’t know about you, but when something you think is important isn’t mentioned to anyone, it’s a pretty big deal. Also, how on earth could you possibly prove that Bionicle sells well otherwise? And why does the end of Bionicle necessarily signify doom? I’ve never understood this, things end.

in my area i here it flies off shelves
(arkansas USA)

[quote=“lambda_cla3391, post:22422, topic:15529”]
you think is important isn’t mentioned to anyone, it’s a pretty big deal.
[/quote]the CEO of lego likely does not believe in bionicle’s success

[quote=“lambda_cla3391, post:22422, topic:15529”]
Bionicle sells well otherwise
[/quote] friends who work at stores that sell it
also just saying "eh it sales like S*** " on no basis is not an argument

Trying to drive the topic away from another “Bionicle is doomed” discussion, I was wondering if the Toa are going to face the beasts one-by-one and then fight Umarak, or if they split up into teams of two to face the beasts, or if they take on all four at once. I would rather them split up to fight the beasts and then reunite to fight Umarak.

1 Like

CEO of lego likely doesn’t believe in Bionicle’s success…I think that’s just wishful thinking. Also, if it sells well in Arkansas, that doesn’t say anything at all about how it’s selling…globally.

2 Likes

Guys, this is 2016, we know the line is going to continue to At least 2017, they will probably finalize the decision Then not at this moment, before even the 2016 summer wave has been released. STOP WORRYING! (There’s nothing you can do about it anyway.)

6 Likes

Here I come to attempt to get back on track!

What are everyone’s opinions on the Beast heads? Personally I like the mold and look, and I’m excited for trans-green Toa heads, but I feel they look too big for their size.

Awesome, that means it sells well where you live, it sells well where I live as well, but LEGO looks at the bigger picture.

And he is the CEO, he makes all of the choices, it is his job to make sure LEGO is doing well and making money, if Bionicle does not do well, it would be his choice (or someone close by him) to end it.

1 Like

They are nice I guess, probably wont have any story explanation to why and how they exist (I HOPE something comes in future books cause the villains feel out of place in the way they have no origin explained)…but we can talk about the sets for soo long until it gets boring.

1 Like