BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Google Hangouts is not that great a streaming service, honestly. It can be… difficult to work with.

So, I got some questions if you guys wouldn’t mind.

• Gold masks or standard colors?
  • Will you guys be modifying them post-reviews, and show those modifications later?
  • In your opinions, would it be better if they had more Technic-y bits, or less in general?

Thanks for running the stream, despite Hangouts being… Hangouts.

3 Likes

Kopaka on camera looks just as bad as his CGI photos.

ehhhhh

Looking at Lewa and Umarak’s torsos, I am actually glad that Lego is doing its best to try and change CCBS to make it more interesting for builders. I like some of the new changes, they’re bold.

1 Like

I think most of these sets, including Kopaka, look a lot better on camera and will probably look great IRL.

5 Likes

Ohmygosh. It is tan. It’s tan-ish. His chest plate is tan-ish.

5 Likes

IMO, Kopaka’s stickers on his shield look great, looks like something I would draw.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if the tight waist functions are some sort of factory error…

2 Likes

They’re absolutely right, 2015 sets are so much better objectively than the 2016 sets. With their gappy and weird proportions, shoulder pads that always got in the way of posing, and open ball joints that are absolutely disgusting to look at. /s :wink:

5 Likes

Two hours and this is getting proven so wrong in 13 minutes of run time.

=P

4 Likes

Gappy and weird proportions, bad posing abilities, you may as just be talking about the new ones.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who likes these sets?

15 Likes

I love these new sets, especially Lewa and Umarak. They are awesome. Just awesome.

Edit: Oh, man, Pohatu’s colors weren’t fixed in real life…

1 Like

Has anyone been watching the BZPower 2016 discussion

108 people have been watching it.

2 Likes

Despite all the weird proportions and bad posing, these sets look like a lot of fun, build wise and playability wise.

The builds for each Toa is unique for each one, and they all can connect with the creatures, who also have functions. The functionality is one of the things I like about these guys, as well as the pretty amazing builds.

Umarak looks the best out of all of them, but I also appreciate Lewa and Gali and some of the creatures. I think Lego did a good job on designing these sets, besides the fact that some of them are over-detailed and inconsistent with textures.

8 Likes

Well, that was quite informative and entertaining. If possible @DeeVee, give everyone our thanks. Now then, we gotta continue on gushing over that Shadow Trap hairclip… =P

4 Likes

I like them a lot. What you said is very true.

2 Likes

All in all, despite some of the problems, I like to take the positive look of these sets and applaud Lego for their variety of their builds and functions. They look great in my opinion.

Now if only Lego could fix Pohatu. It’s a shame he got the short end of the stick again. :confused:

6 Likes

Pohatu 2015= good colors, extremely simple build
Pohatu 2016= amazing build, horrible unbearable awkward out of place, rainbow shades of colors.
still like him a lot though

4 Likes

Kinda feel they may have been a little bit too harsh on the toa, but that could always be my bias toward potential. Personally these sets are great, except Kopaka and Melum because they are in no way deserving of anything. Probably the only thing I strongly disagreed upon however was that the “golden masks break colorscheme with the silver sets.” I also disagreed upon that there seems to be a lack of character and that 2015 seemed to prove that CCBS could be used in better ways than before.