BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

When do we find out what the SDCC LEGO exclusives are? Is it announced by SDCC or LEGO, or is it not known until the event itself?

I’m just super excited to see if there will be any neat BIONICLE exclusives.

I know it but now that you mentioned I want to go bang my head against a wall so I can fall asleep, something I should had done 10 hours ago.

And it’s not that hard to even downgrade them, Kopaka’s current version is closer to $15 than $20 and a huge amount of plastic goes to his weapons alone.
Now with Tahu you would have to strip some armor off and likely give up the dual wield.
For Onua there is no easy answer besides giving him claws instead of a hammer but he is suppposed to be physically a big and strong character, something I feel you can’t just achieve with 15 bucks.

If the next wave is the last as it could very well be I see no reason for them to give an another Ekimu right after the one we have now. There’s only so much you can do with his color scheme and the fact that he would again just use the same mask wouldn’t change his appearance enough.

2 Likes

we dont know until the event happens, but sometimes the SDCC exclusives get received early by workers who sell them early.

1 Like

I just realized that every set in 2016 is asymmetrical in some way, shape or form

5 Likes

Not the Creatures. None of them are, with the slightly arguable exception of Ketar.

1 Like

Look at the creatures heads, there asymmetrical

Tahu?
The only thing asymmetrical in him is that one 4-long axle at the end of the other blade

4 Likes

His mask

It doesn’t have any extra runes and Tahu’s own is symmetrical.
Oh wait I see what you mean, there is indeed a minor difference with “crystals” on his forehead.

1 Like

Yeah, also the crystal armor add-ons are asymmetrical

Maybe only 3 Toa :open_mouth: like the phantoka?

Lewa has additional runes on the mask that are asymmetric :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So im going to Legoland in denmark in a couple of days, im just hoping that they got the beasts in the store there^^

2 Likes

hail denmark

Good luck.

7 Likes

Going off to my local mall to check out the Lego store tomorrow. Hopefully I can find the summer 2016 sets. For some reason the three or four times that I went to the Lego store the only Bionicle sets that were there were some Protectors on clearance. Hopefully it will be different.

2 Likes

If you keep going and getting the same results, they probably won’t have them this time either. You might as well ask them if they’re getting the new wave, and be prepared to have to order them online like others.

6 Likes

That’s what I had to do. The closest store near me, which is Walmart, has only Star Wars constraction sets, more Star Wars sets, City, a little Ninjago, and a TON of Nexo Knights stuff.

1 Like