BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Right. Speaking of which, I think an even better example is 2015 Onua. His gearbox is more custom than the other Toa- but it’s not like the average consumer would know that. Even more so on the opposite side of the scale, if he wasn’t licensed, would be General Grevious. He’s something like 180 pieces if i recall- Doesn’t really excuse the fact that he’s $43 bucks in my area. What sane parent would buy that with a price per piece ratio like that?

2 Likes

Nobody is talking about Transformers, its currently popular as Star Wars so the prices for their products is gonna be higher regardless of quality.

Im talking about regular toys, and those of less popular and expensive brand.

And no its not outrageous to say such things, LEGO is expensive, people should not deny that fact (and not, its not always that LEGO prices are justified by quality, LEGO moulds are not that perfect).

1 Like

i see that the negativity from the now closed 2017 topic have returned to haunt the 2016 topic.

Lets see how long it takes before someone says: “Guys, i think Bionicle will end this year”

Seriously, We get so many reports and info from people, and lets remember, many of the people we ask (especialy the people who work at toy stores), they don’t have all the info or the right ones, they might have done some research themself, or they could just be basing it all on their own opinions.

2 Likes

you don’t pay for having this

you pay for having this

11 Likes

Exactly, the reason they’re so expensive is due to lego having to pay royalties to whatever company it’s owned by, That’s why licensed sets or themes are more expensive than say City or Bionicle

1 Like

Yeah but even here it’s evident Star Wars sets have the largest License cost compared to others. The worst minifig per price ratio is on the current SW sets.

4 Likes

you can’t determin the price of a set based on pieces. By that logic 1000 studs would cost as much as 1000 100 by 100 baseplates

you also have to look at the amount of different parts
and the amount of different colors those parts are then in.

2 Likes

no, bigger pieces are more expensive, yet Umarak who has bigger pieces is cheaper, it’s weird

Trailer for Umarak the Destroyer!

14 Likes

Is it possibly a regional thing?

5 Likes

Wait, what is he holding it his hand on 12th second?
I feel my need in analysing it frame by frame =)

5 Likes

Oh yes… finally some footage. So I think he is creating the beasts from Shadow Spawn some how.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing.
Does it have any story relevance, I wonder?
Also, that trailer is amazing!

5 Likes

Also, what’s he holding after that? It appears to be a purple rock, but could it be something else?

2 Likes

Idk what it could be. It’s not the MoUP or at least doesnt look like it, so…. I really don’t know.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a fragment of the MOUP? OR perhaps it’s the Mask of Time? The MOUP and Mask of Time are one and the same??? That could work, seeing as how we would need a third legendary mask to complete the treble.

it’s part of something, a mask perhaps?

1 Like

Could be Onua’s mask

It’s a Bohrok! Definitely not a rock, I see some structure

3 Likes