BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Yeah, all of them but pohatu. The problem is, his mask’s shade is too similar to gold so it’s kinda hard to tell. But I think the shades are just different enough to make the distinction between the two masks
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/0/9/097b4cb8582eebc10355279dfc19ab3e612ecb6e.png

Tahu’s mask seems a lot shinier and more golden than Pohatu’s mask. But maybe I’m just overtired
###WHY COULDN’T THEY JUST HAVE MADE THE CORRUPTION TRANS BLACK OR SOMETHING IT WOULD HAVE MADE THIS A LOT LESS CONFUSING

I think it’s just lighting. Pohatu is in more direct light, so it all gets washed out.

They all have their golden masks, and there are no corrupted masks. The ones that come with the Beasts aren’t confirmed canon yet, and the ones from last year were never actually worn by the Toa.

So the Toa never have and currently are not wearing any corrupted masks.

There’s also no corrupted Pohatu mask, so…

4 Likes

Well there goes that theory lmao. I have no idea what’s up with his legs then. No beast controls stone, and I’m like 90% sure he isn’t turning into an inhuman…
So what the heck?

As before :stuck_out_tongue: :

I don’t think it’s him using his powers. He looks sorta panicked (looking down at the stone instead of looking up in a more confident manner), and the yellow light could mean it’s Umarak’s power… or pohatu-GAH WHAT THE HECK LEGO

What would be really cool is if Umarak had control over the land itself. Once again, I’d love to see the environment used against the toa, especially if it’s of their element

2 Likes

I see your point on him looking down, good detail to point out, however I don’t see him as panicked at all. I think he looks more serious and somber as, after all, last episode he had just lost the Mask of Control and nearly got Ketar killed. He has to be feeling some guilt and determination to fight Umarak and redeem himself. That’s why there’s that scene in Umarak’s character video of him staring down Pohatu.

###pohatu and Umarak have been set up to be rivals.

Umarak knows Pohatu is the weakest link because he’s so stubborn and unwilling, and Pohatu has a grudge against Umarak for what he did to Ketar and also for allowing him to escape with the MoCo.

I would like to add this is probably the best character relationship we have so far in G2. I love it, and it’s so nice that it’s Pohatu and not Lewa or Tahu or someone else.

Anyways, back to my original point, to me he looks like he’s ready for action. The legs really are anyone’s guess. I personally find it a weird thing to include no matter the reason.

6 Likes

Well no matter what it is, it did it’s job correctly. Now I’m really interested to see how it’s explained in the show. Here’s hoping it doesn’t last for like a minute and then never appear again!
Also… jto might be our first glimpse at what we might get next year. It’s before leak season, and last time we got to see Umarak the Destroyer for the first time

3 Likes

Maybe…the legs hint at Pohatu wearing the Mask of Control…

What? How?

2 Likes

Oh… maybe he has to “fight the power”?

1 Like

I’m not completely sure actually.
But I’ll give it a shot.

Maybe, because the confrontation will take place in the Region of Stone, Pohatu will have the biggest advantage to battle Umarak.

Knowing this, Umarak attempts to use magic-pillar-tablet-stones from the Stone Temple of Unity to create a volcano where he will hide the magic-pillar-stone-tablets to both give him power over the element of Stone and create a portal to the Shadow Realm. Then, with his new power, he summons/creates the Elemental Beasts to stop the Toa (mainly Pohatu).

The power of stone is now infused in the Mask of Control. If Pohatu manages to get it, he might slowly become corrupted by Makuta, but he will be able to overcome Makuta’s power and not turn into Destroyer Pohatu.

How will this be possible?
Unlike Umarak who is mainly a being of shadow, Pohatu will actually have some control over the MoCo because it has the power of stone. Pohatu can control stone.

After freeing himself from Makuta, Pohatu will give the MoCo to Ekimu, who will destroy it.

Unfortunately, the portal was open too long, allowing six comets to fall from the sky. But this time, instead of summoning heroes, it will summon six shadow beings from a distant world, who will search for Makuta to awaken him…

Yes, there is some head-cannon in this, and I don’t necessarily want this to happen… but it could.

6 Likes

YAS pls

2 Likes

I imagine that (if we get the lower part, which I doubt) the upper half would attach using an axle that slides through the head and eye piece, while the lower part would just use the regular mask attachments, there’s no other way I can think of. If we don’t get the lower part the mask would attach normally.

1 Like

that looks awesome
but I don’t know why it will be called lower half then

Why did you put a muzzle on my mouth? Now I can’t talk! :stuck_out_tongue:
But, seriously, I highly doubt that the lower part would change so much, especially since in the animations the mysterious appearances of the mask showed a similar design to the G1 mask.

@TeslaEffect what if that’s the key that opens the vault where the Mask of Time is?

1 Like

actualy he put a muzzle on Ekimu because Ekimu is wearing the mask (see the color of the eyes) your eyes are black in color.

1 Like

Someone already pointed out that it might possibly be a key, and I think that’s the most likely explanation

4 Likes

so on this website it states that the BIONICLE magazine is going to be a monthly thing.
now I wonder if thats accurate. but I also wonder how they would do that.

frequency: monthly paper [12 times a year]

I also like how gali turned into onua when becoming powered up with her protector

5 Likes

Hopefully like the OG comics where they’d put the magazine in the actual Lego magazine

so 12 little polybags, Spain plz give me the magazine