BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Searching Agil on the net and all I got was a black anime character from a video game fantasy setting…and also some weird companies. meh

And apparently ágil means agile in spanish (obvious, but the spanish part is nice).

But I still think its a lame choice.

3 Likes

And Izotor is apparantly a construction company in Turkey. Your point being?

4 Likes

Niiice. Izotor is successful, having his own company in Turkey. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, good one, cause G2…yeah that has nothing to do with it why I dont like it. God forbid if someone doesnt like something for their own personal reasons am I right?
:grin:

2 Likes

how can a name even be lame… like a title can be lame but a name… is just a name.
you can make a name more complex but not cooler.

its also important to make names kid friendly

4 Likes

Easy my internet fellow. its going to be lame to the person that think its lame. End of story.

Was this even in question in this situation? Why brought this up when LEGO has been doing a good job at following this rule…sometimes too well.

More like you would have liked to see something else.[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:28226, topic:15529”]
when LEGO has been doing a good job at following this rule…sometimes too well.
[/quote]

xD

2 Likes

Of course, whats your point here.

Thats the reason why someone doesnt like something, because they wanted to see something else.

Screw canon, Ill call him Artakha in my fanon and Agil will be a weird nickname Ekimu gives him when he is drunk and Artakha hates it everytime he does it.

“Agil dude, dude, duuuuude…what you think about explosive rainbows?” -Ekimu

“Ekimu bud, y u do dis 2 me? My name is Artakha.” - Artakha
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/743601360004780032/TqMAN_R2.jpg

Also does the scorpion build thing even have a name or does anybody even like him to even care?

Wait, its called “skull scorpion”…okey that even lamer. We already have creatures with 95% the same name. rather have the bird called something, no matter how lame then have such a generic name that was already been used by a summer wave set.

4 Likes

Personally speaking, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that no other characters from the original generation besides Makuta and the Toa have been introduced at this point. I think that’s the route that the story team is going with, and why names from the previous generation such as ‘Artakha’ are not being utilised.

3 Likes

Yes, I understand why they do that. Doesnt mean I like it or will go with the name they give us. For me it will always be Artakha, or Artanis, both I like.

Thats nice that you do, I dont. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough, I respect that.

1 Like

I like Agil, it looks similar to Aquila, both the Latin word for eagle and a constellation. I also pronounce it AH-joel instead of a-GILL or anything similar.

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif?noredirect

Seriously though, I think it’s a pun on agile.

1 Like

Agil means Agile in spanish…so yeah.

2 Likes

Eh, you do have a point.

KETAR = TERAK (Anagram)

I liked the idea of naming the falcon Artakha, but I’m sure I’ll be fine with Agil after I watch JtO.

EDIT:
AGIL = GALI!! (anagram)

5 Likes

hnnnng, that anagram pains me so.

3 Likes

You know, if G1 and G2 were connected, it would be neat to bring in Artakha the Great Being into Okoto’s history, especially since there is the Mask of Creation in G2.

And relating to the 2016 sets, Protector Ekimu could tap into Artakha’s power in the Mask of Creation to become Toa-sized, almost becoming Artakha himself.

So it’s like fighting with avatars.

Umarak the Destroyer is the avatar of Makuta, and Artakha is the avatar of Ekimu.

4 Likes

Thanks to Escape From the Underworld this is my new favorite team in the history of Bionicle:

11/10

11 Likes

Wait, so he took Ekimus hammer in that story?

1 Like

Spoilers!
I haven’t read the book yet

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s much of a spoiler that Kulta and/or one Skull Spider appears in the book, and I haven’t provided any context as to what they’re doing…

1 Like