BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

They are knitting sweaters, hence the hammer.

8 Likes

But obviously they’re teaming up and for some reason Kulta has Ekimu’s hammer

Seems legit

Do not double post. You’ve been here long enough, you should have read our rules.- Eljay

2 Likes

[spoiler] text here [/ spoiler] without the space

Well, they don’t seem any better or worse than “Agil” to me.

1 Like

Well maybe if you stated your personal reasons as to why you don’t like G2 stuff than maybe we could understand. But you just say “lame” without any other context.

5 Likes

#makebionicledarkagain

I liked g1 because it was darker, this one is directed to younger kids

2 Likes

Yes, because Kapura’s farting at the beginning of MNOG was so dark… :wink:

11 Likes

well maybe it is not as dark as I remember

1 Like

well… G2 have not pulled any kiddy story telling or anything.

its still mature in tone, but not like with dark skies and lightning bolt flashin in the background.

G2 is more “Safe” mature.

4 Likes

“Dark” is not “ohsuperedgymatureratedmowtheedge” stuff. “Dark” means devoid of light. Unless of course you mean mature. How exactly do you define mature? This wave seems to have a similar “save an ending world” vibe as the Ignition Saga.

3 Likes

The storyline of G1 was always shown darker across all media and the sets, or at least more “mystic”

With G2 you have this more happy and childish cartoony surface level but if you are willing to dig deeper you find the setting to be much darker than it first appears.

3 Likes

SHADOW HORDE!

10 Likes

thats a good name, also it seems that the elemental beasts do have elemental power, or at least i think they have those powers…

the reason im unsure is because i don’t know if thats the Storm Beasts that are making those tornadoes.

also, Quake Beast’s crystals are really bizzare, making their color scheme look off with the purple fist crystal, it actualy makes it look like they have rocks on their arms instead of crystals.

4 Likes

Interesting that they’re called Shadow Horde…sounds similar to…Shadow Spawn.

I think they pretty much are the Shadow Spawn…if you look at the very first frame, you can see flames/smoke surrounding a Lava Beast, blue crescents of energy/electricity around the Storm Beasts’s legs, and dirt around Quake Beast…all of which quickly dissipate- as if Umarak was just summoning them from thin-air like the Shadow Spawn.

Also, what the heck did they do to Quake Beast’s crystals :grimacing:

Shiny Ekimu is shiny

10 Likes

maybe purple was out of fashion.

/s

or the purple color just did not look good on him, so the animators desited to change it, i mean lava beast have RED crystals instead of the black ones he has in the set.

2 Likes

I told you guys that they were most likely Umarak’s Shadow Spawn, but you guys didn’t want to believe it. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

In the final scene it looks very much like the Lava Beasts were trying to brutally force Ikir and Tahu apart…

9 Likes

Yeah, it did appear that way. This could be how the mask gets “infected”?

1 Like

Actually, it looks more like they’re ripping Tahu’s mask off. The one on the left is holding his arms (so he can’t fight back), and the one on the right is grabbing his mask. So they’re probably going to rip off his golden mask, and force the corrupted one on him.

13 Likes