BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Who here thinks Makuta will be gunmetal and trans purple?

6 Likes

Me. There are certain pieces used in the build that use the type of plastic that can’t be cast in tr. colors such as the cinderella wheel

4 Likes

I don’t like Makuta’s “build” at all.I’m hoping this is based off preliminary designs, because this as a set doesn’t look good to me. The midsection is too thin, there’s a random Shadow Trap in his stomach that doesn’t even seem to be decoration for the admittedly awesome giant wheel in his chest, the biceps are piston pieces with Shadow Trap shoulders that just honestly look like lumps of pieces.

Unless his forearms are insanely bulky as well, he doesn’t look good…

3 Likes

It’s not even hs final form.
He dosen’t have his arms yet or his legs. So just wait.

4 Likes

i do hope that the weel is in a different color, because i do want that weel to be used as some form of vortex

as in a torso vortex like say this:

6 Likes

Man that trailer.
Makuta being all “I shall become a gawd now!”
Ekimu knocked out cold on the ground.
Them beating up the Beasts.
However Umarak’s voice… not threatening enough for the monster he has become or his gigantic body of big man.
Toa being trapped in oil shadow stuff.
Ekimu going all Takanuva like.
However after “Hey! Umarak!” by Lewa, Pohatu sounds so much like Krekka or someone. THAT voice should’ve been Umarak The Destroyer.

So much hype
Also can someone replicate the JtO Umarak in Lego form?

8 Likes

10/10 artist’s rendition of Makuta

Conclusion: I can’t draw and he’s kinda fat

EDIT: After a re-draw he’s less fat than I thought he would be.

10 Likes

amazing better than leonardo dicaprio da vinci

3 Likes

I miss everything.

I really liked the trailer especially because maybe Okoto has deities now? Also, Ult. Makuta looks B.A.A.H. and has gone ahead and said “You know what? Why bother with the island when I can rule the whole world?!” I also like the shells near the MoUP and the design overall, as well as Ekimu’s Light comment.

So, one thing, do Mask Makers have a warrior form that they give up Turaga-style in order to focus more on masks? I feel like Mask Makers were first the island’s protectors before they gave their powers to making masks for the inhabitants.

2 Likes

So

http://image.prntscr.com/image/64e0865b952b4d5392ae6449ca4a308c.png

http://image.prntscr.com/image/66a98fb393a6435fa70565104f9c8f25.png

Wich one do you like better?

4 Likes

Guys the gods are the great beings G1 connection confurmed!

Is

I really like that image of Makuta, and I hope we get it in a set. Keep in mind, we can’t see the arms or legs yet, so he still might have new molds.

5 Likes

Just judging by his size I wouldn’t be surprised if the hands are made of the small claw pieces. Tho even those might be a bit small

UTD Consists mostly of large pieces where as this guy has lots of different shells and armor overlapping eachother judging by the size presented here and the fact his legs will be longer than UTDd’s to match these proportions… I must go with 30$ for this Makuta. What we have now would work 25$ only if the rest of the set is skinny as hell

Also, he will likely have a weapon.

6 Likes

those are just the same mask but in different potitions.

3 Likes

That would actually be quite a nice color scheme. Skull Grinder already had the Orange and Gunmetal color scheme. I can only hope this is the case.

ALSO: Does anyone notice the lack of Gali in the charge? I find that kind of odd that she’s missing there. Her voice isn’t even included. Maybe she’s off doing something else?

(Also, RIP in RAP on Bingzak being Takanuva.)

11 Likes

someone commented on the facebook page, that Gali might be taking care of Ekimu, given how he is also not in the charge.

2 Likes

Creature-sitting. /s

4 Likes

Same mask, different versions. If you could take the time to study and see You would see that the Mask has been changed. My question was easy. Do you like the first version, or the second version more?

It’s literally the same mask. Nothing has changed. “But Tarvaax, the top spikes are missing!!!” So are his arms and legs, it’s part of the shadow effect.

5 Likes

That feeling when Ekimu in the trailer can lift his arms higher than Ekimu in the set.

22 Likes

Time will tell. Im hoping for second one, because that one looks much better than the first one we saw.