BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I expect Makuta to sort of look like this.

13 Likes

I don’t dislike the first mask but to me it looks unwieldy and a to big. The second seems to be more compact and detailed. I definitely prefer the second mask. Also that trailer was pretty cool, I can’t wait for the actual titan makuta set.

2 Likes

I see it as being a two-handed hammer, personally. Kinda like how the Makuta 2003 set was where he had waist articulation.

3 Likes

I have a few ideas on where the creatures went.

1. They’re Protecting the Ancient City.
  2. They were weakened by the Beasts, but still alive.
  3. The creatures used their powers to make Ekimu a Toa-sized warrior (when he entered the Crystal Room).

Anways, on to the review for the trailer of Ep. 4: The Dark Portal.

It Was Totally WICKED!!!
I Loved It!
20/10!
Huzzah!
Ice Cream For All!..
(You get the idea.)

I loved seeing Ultimate Makuta (am really looking forward to 2017 now) stating his plan to become a god (Great Being)!

It was nice to see that Ekimu isn’t dominating the Beasts in a fight.
And UtD is sick!!

And even though the end of it was a tad bit cheesy, it almost seems like the Toa are going to give UtD some of his own medicine by treating the battle as a game.

I Have Got To Watch This!!
:grinning:

4 Likes

Just six more days! So pumped.

I’m also glad this trailer didn’t spoil too much, besides Makuta finally being able to become a more powerful form. At least we don’t know the outcome of the battle.

5 Likes

They are playing “the Destroyer’s game” after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Alright here is how I think that the two episodes will play out.

Episode 3
Makuta tells Umarak to get the Mask of Ultimate Power from the volcano where the beast are hidden. The beast are the ones that guard MoUP and Umarak now controls them with the Mask of Control. The beast start reeking havoc on the villages of Okoto to get the Toa’s attention so they have to go to the volcano the defeat the beasts and Umark the Destroyer.

The Toa go the confront the Beasts and it does not go well. Some of the Toa lose their Masks and they are forced to retreat.

Agil comes to Ekimu’s side and tell him about the Toa. Then Ekimu shouts his imfamous line, “I have stood on the sidelines for too long.” Soon Ekimu goes into the temple of the Mask Makers and upgrade himself in a chamber.

Episode 4
Ekimu comes to the Toa’s aid and retrieves their Masks back. Soon the Toa and Ekimu battle the beasts and eventually win. But Umarak has stolen the Mask of Ultimate Power while the Toa were fighting the beasts.

The Toa finally defeat the beasts and try to defeat Umarak but they are too late. Umarak opens the portal to Makuta and gives him MoUP. Then Umarak says his line, “Today I will take my rightful place among the gods.” Then Makuta realizes that he doesn’t need Umarak anymore and kill him. Not the Toa and Ekimu must defeat Makuta together.

1 Like

She does appear when Umarak makes that big “shadow flood,” though, so I’d chalk it up to her either aiding a fallen Ekimu or simply not being in that particular shot…

2 Likes

Hearing that makes me think of one messed Bionicle fanfiction I read with Gali and Makuta. Do not search for it if you want to keep your innocence.

2 Likes

29 Likes

I’m back from the dentist and I finished the model. It’s not finished obviously, because we can’t see his legs but this does give you and idea of what a potential set could look like.

24 Likes

Not a fan of how that looks. Hopefully Lego makes it look more smooth and better looking.

2 Likes

It’s hard when we can barely see the character. It will probably look better, and might have a few new structure parts. I just wanted to get the idea across.

3 Likes

There’s no way that shadow trap just hangs there IMO, there’s probably another trap behind it.

3 Likes

That looks pretty good. Obviously, Lego’s gonna have a new piece or something that connects that Skull armor piece to the shoulders, and maybe something else that prevents that trap from sticking out too much in the front.

1 Like

Try to put 2015 Onua’s lower torso underneath the lower shadow trap.

Can’t theres no way to attach a ball joint, I think he’s gonna have a mouth-stomach :confused:

1 Like

I can understand.

Plus I doubt Lego would give us a bad Makuta set. The idea of the swirly thing in the chest is pretty ingenious. Although, I’m thinking it’s gonna become a trans-purple color to look like a portal thing.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look half bad.

6 Likes

Yeah you can’t see the colors in the trailer. I think by the end of JTO we will see his full form.

EDIT. SwagMeister I tried it and in looks pretty bad XD. But I dunno, we still can’t really “see” him.

2 Likes