BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Do you reckon they’re going to make a completely new torso piece, or are they going to do something like the UtD combiner, where they stake two gear boxes onto the 2016 torso?

3 Likes

Possibly. It honestly depends on what the 2017 function is.

1 Like

What would the 2017 function be though? We’ve had the arm gearbox, then the waist gearbox w/ the Unity feature.

Probably depends on what they’re going for as the ‘theme’ next year.

2 Likes

Idk. Something makes me think a new launcher, or maybe every set like EtMM.

1 Like

Ekimu: "If their must be shadow, their must be light!"
######Why do I think that quote originated from Ninjago

All Toa: "Hey Umarak, here we come!"
######That quote made me cringe unless their doing a Skull Grinder thing again.

7 Likes

Combining the two functions would be interesting for all the Toa sets, should they make any.

1 Like

What about…
Toa: “Hey Umarak!”
Umarak: “Yeah?”
Toa : “WASSUPPPPPPPPPPPP”

On a serious note, I can’t imagine Bionicle ALREADY ending after seeing all of these. There’s so much potential for a epic story and epic twists (WE GOT GODS MAN) ongoing.[quote=“DarkHenrik, post:29105, topic:15529”]
well this is G2, so for all we know, the people of Okoto might have gods.

and by that i mean like the gods of our world, we belive they exist but we just can’t prove that they exist.
[/quote]

Quoting a youtuber named Dr. Madd “C’mon, it’s Bionicle! There are 99.99999% legends are real!”[quote=“Tarvaax, post:29116, topic:15529, full:true”]
@GK733 The interesting thing to me is that the MoUP is the only new mold. You’d think a set coming out next year would have at least one or two new armor add-ons, especially since winter waves usually come out swinging compared to summer waves.
[/quote]

Or we will never see the complete form of Titan Makuta in JTO, thus keeping the rest of his body shadowed with likely new pieces.[quote=“Koffern, post:29128, topic:15529, full:true”]
God of fire, god of ice, god of earth etc.
[/quote]

What if the Toa are gods? Makuta, inspired by their powers (Toa weren’t present on the island ofc but they already existed in Okoto’s lore), wanted to best all of them (with the MoUP that contains all the six elements). And you may say “How can the Toa be gods if they get owned everytime?” Maybe they have been weakened during their voyage to Okoto, maybe their last form will be their apotheosis.

Jeez, speculation intensifies.

6 Likes

I love how in the trailer we receive the epic line “Today I will take my rightful place among the gods.” from Makuta to start off with and then end with the lame, corny line “Hey, Umarak!” “Here we come!”. Well, I guess you could say Makuta’s line was a tad cheesy, but it had just the right amount and ended up being cool. Really liked that line, fits Makuta’s character despite possibly being cliche and sounds like something his G1 counterpart Teridax would say, especially considering he practically did become a god.

So I guess you could say G2 really hit the nail on the head with The Makuta’s personality.

10 Likes

If they were gods then Ekimu wouldn’t order them around like children. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Aw man, I was just about to say it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, literally the first thing I thought was, “Gurren!”

Although I think Lazengann would be more to Makuta’s liking.

1 Like

Well, Ekimu stated in GN #2 that the Toa were named after the constellations in Okoto’s skies, and many of our constellations are named after ancient deities/mythological concepts, so it’s not impossible that this is the case with the Toa in Okotan lore. (I actually headcanon this for G1 as well–having the GBs name the Toa/other MU beings after Agori mythology).

As for sets having names like “god of _____,” I doubt it, as it skews too close to a religious connotation for LEGO to do so. Story-wise, however, it’d be interesting.

3 Likes

I assume the gods are entities involved in the creation of Okoto.

1 Like

Vakama hid the Toa that they were not the firsts, maybe Ekimu is hiding Toa’s real nature avoiding to confuse them, since they can’t remember anything.

Still just speculation tho.[quote=“Toa_Heatwave, post:29209, topic:15529”]
As for sets having names like “god of _____,” I doubt it, as it skews too close to a religious connotation for LEGO to do so.
[/quote]

Being of ____, problem solved.

3 Likes

I suppose that would work, though I’d prefer something a little more grandiose for the next wave of Toa. I liked “Lord of ____,” but there are others that would work just as well, i.e. “Spirit of _____” (it was already used in G1, so it could work here)

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true. But I also like the idea of the Toa being the gods whom the constellations are named after.

3 Likes

Tahu, Lord of Cinder.

K, sorry.

3 Likes

I think I know why the Creatures aren’t in the trailer: Umarak is using them to “free” Makuta.

In 2015, the Toa were able to revive Ekimu by combining the elements. (“United the elements hold the power.”) In order to revive Makuta, Umarak would need all six elements–which, obviously, he does not have. So, he captured the Creatures and is using their power to awaken Makuta.

This explains why the Lava Beasts stole Tahu’s mask–by removing the mask, Tahu and Ikir can no longer unite, allowing them to steal Ikir and take him back to Umarak.

It’s just a theory, but I think it makes sense. :stuck_out_tongue:[quote=“Toa_Heatwave, post:29213, topic:15529”]
I liked “Lord of ____,”
[/quote]

So Tahu would be a…Fire Lord? I’m so sorry.

17 Likes

G2 Roodaka basically.

5 Likes

I made a mock-up of the torso; I would have added more if I wasn’t going to bed :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll upload new pics tomorrow when I finish what I can:

15 Likes