BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

After rewatching the 2k15 animations and Journey To One and from various feedback, I have revised the Timeline.

Okoto and Toa Timeline v2 by ltrancTM

DAY 1 - Toa crash down and stuff and embark on journey to find golden masks

DAY 2 - walk

DAY 3 - walk

DAY 4 - walk

DAY 5 - walk and maybe beat up some skull spiders

DAY 6 - walk

DAY 7 - walk

DAY 8 - walk

DAY 9 - walk

DAY 10 - walk

DAY 11 - walk

DAY 12 - walk

DAY 13 - walk

DAY 14 - walk

DAY 15 - walk

DAY 16 - walk

DAY 17 - OMG SHRINES! skull spiders! golden masks! POWEEEEEEER. Embark on journey to CotMM.

DAY 18 - DAY 34(Rough estimate) - walk to city

DAY 35 - Arrive at bridge, beat up LoSS. Go into city, beat up some Skull Warriors, rek Skull Slicer, crush Skull Scorpios(literally), wake up Ekimu from his beauty sleep, gg10 Skull Basher, approach Kulta, get rekt by Kulta, Saved by Ekimu Ex Machina. Wake up, Protectors arrive, Harvali faints, fireworks, yay yay

DAY 36 - villagers come

DAY 37 - villagers come

DAY 38 - villagers come

DAY 39 - Escape from the Underworld shenanigans

DAY 39 - New armor!!!111 Time of Unity has come, time to find creatures and mask of unity.

DAY 40 - Find creatures and masks, unite, come back. Reason for this short amount of time is because I rewatched Quest for Unity and like the sky is blue and light as heck for the entire episode. Only when the Toa go back to the city does it look like the sun is setting.

DAY 41 - Gotta go fast to the labyrinth! Find Mask of Control, Pohatu does Pohatu things and loses the mask, Umarak puts it on and becomes DESTROYEEEEER.

DAY 42 - Umarak raises the Shadow Horde, and they walk to the city(at a very fast pace apparently…) and wreak havoc. Toa beat them up some, and get beat up. Then beat them up again only permanently. Ekimu gets all POWERRRRRRED up and the Toa leave the creatures in order to go to the Black Crater.

DAY 43 - They find Umarak, beat him up, then he breaks out and SUPER JUMPS up the mountain. fight fight shenanigans happen. Ekimu goes all Takanuva then ePiC FiGhT!!11 does NOT happen. Gali jumps and gets trapped into the Shadow Realm. Makuta does big epic speech in front of the Toa that he KNOWS IS IN THERE. Umarak throws away Toa’s weapons and then they go “HEY UMARAK!” “WAT?” “HERE WE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOME YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.” Umarak goes kaboom and Gali gets out. Then they fire elemental chest beams to banish Makuta back to the place where he was already banished to then go up into the stars.

DAY 44 - Toa gone, Izotor continues the campfire story.

18 Likes

Wasn’t Narmoto the one who was telling the story?

3 Likes

At the start, yes. He told the story of 2015. At the end it’s Izotor telling the villagers how “the Toa will return when we need them”.

5 Likes

Ah, i see.

1 Like

Just something neat and adorable to me but I’m rewatching JtO and Onua rubs Agil’s head like he’s a little pet dog.

8 Likes

I just noticed that in JtO ETMM has a piece of unity on his back

8 Likes

I dont think they even need the Toa, they can defend themselves perfectly fine. Ekimu is pretty much capable as any Toa and the villagers always cleaned up/finished each of the Toas large enemies.

The Toa were more like moral boost, but actually helping, not much that the villagers cant do themselves but were somewhat plothollly didnt by this point.

3 Likes

Except for, you know, raising Ekimu from the dead and uniting with the creatures.

3 Likes

Actually, no they couldn’t. Whole cities and villages were being enslaved by LoSS (only growing Makuta’s army), the ones that were left could barely defend themselves against the oncoming hordes. The Protectors were too busy keeping the villages from being overrun, and they took a big risk going to the Temple of Time in order to call the Toa, which were at a disadvantage from the start because they were amnesiacs (Even then, they ended up being the only characters up to this point that were victorious against LoSS). They also took on a whole army of Skull Warriors and countless higher tier enemies before awakening Ekimu. If the Protectors and the Villagers were strong enough to take on the Skull Army, they would have taken back the Ancient City by now, and don’t think that they didn’t try. They probably did and failed several times (hence: “When times are dark and all hope seems lost”). After this the Toa defeat Kulta’s general, Skull Basher (albeit with the advice of Ekimu). The only reason they weren’t able to take on Kulta was because he put on the MoCr and used it to “Bane” himself up (he also pulled a cheap move and broke the Toa’s masks). Heck, Ekimu only beat Kulta because he was caught off guard. Fast forward to this year, we get to see that Ekimu isn’t all poweful, he himself was having trouble fighting off a Storm Beast. Even then, he wouldn’t have been able to do the Toa’s job of sealing Makuta in the Shadow Realm again. He can only hit masks, and I doubt he’d want to create yet ANOTHER cataclysm. Not to mention this Makuta was really buffed up compared to Ekimu. It was only the Toa that could perform a variant of the “Toa Seal” and banish Makuta back into the Shadow Realm.

12 Likes

Like @Tarvaax said, he had trouble with just one Storm Beast… a creature the toa were absolutely crushing left and right. The Toa gave the villagers what they needed to change the battle from defending against Makuta to being able to actually fight against him. Without them, Makuta would have no resistance against the Skull Legions, the Skull Spiders or Umarak and his trap army, allowing him to actually leave the shadow realm. Heck, I’m pretty sure Umarak in his hunter form could have single-handedly wiped out entire cities.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, yeah.
(My brother and I laughed so hard when the villagers went all Hulk-Gorilla on the Beasts’ heads. We were also horrified at the same time.)

2 Likes

Just upgrade the villagers, problem solved. No need for convoluted Toa summoning from another dimension.

1 Like

Who’s going to upgrade the villagers?
Because last I checked, the only one theoretically capable of that was a dead guy who requires the six elements to be brought back to life.
And even if the villagers harnessed the elements, there’s no way they’d make it to Kulta before he melts down the Mask of Creation.

4 Likes

Themselves. How else did they manage to make the MoCr and MoCo. They could create another one and rebel against Makuta.

They waited their sorry bum time to do anything, its like the villagers have the same IQ as the Toa in some instances.

You forget that Mask Makers are regular villagers with special masks. Until they prove otherwise (which they never will by this point) they dont look or feel differently from the rest besides the masks.

How do you know the villagers made those masks though? It could have very easily been Makuta and Ekimu who created them, or a being of much higher power.
And if the villagers could make masks of that power… why would they need and revere the Mask Makers?[quote=“TeslaEffect, post:31305, topic:15529”]
You forget that Mask Makers are regular villagers with special masks.
[/quote]
I actually beg to differ here. The Mask Makers are far more powerful than the average villager both mentally and physically. When Makuta made a mask with two elements, it was far too powerful for an ordinary villager to handle. We can assume the MoCr and MoCo are more powerful than these masks due to their legendary status, and the Mask Makers are able to wear them without problem, or without mutating because of the power overload like Kulta and Umarak did.

3 Likes

Just for the heck of it, I did some math.

If you were to buy enough sets to have the entire 2015 and 2016 BIONICLE collection and make the Skull Crusher (SW, SSl, SB), King-Grinder (SSc, MMvsSG), Doomerak (UtD and Beasts) and the JtO Makuta Combi Models, you would need

#$720!!!
And that’s only if you can get them for their regular price in the U.S.!!!

:astonished: - HEART ATTACK!!

16 Likes

Actually, this brings me to a neat theory
First, let’s look at the “ancient” masks (aka: the ones with an unknown creator). We have the Masks of Control, Creation, Time and the Golden Masks of Unity. All of these masks (excluding the Mask of Time, but I consider this mask an exception as its incomplete) have runes.
And the modern masks
The Villagers’ masks, The Mask of Ultimate Power and the Golden Toa Masks (pre upgrade). Notice how none of these have runes.
I believe the ancient masks used runes rather than elemental crystals as a power source, and Makuta and Ekimu were the first to use the crystals instead, since all the masks that they made lack runes.
Exceptions:
The Golden Mask of Skull Spiders: Not only is this mask not confirmed to be canon, but it has no elemental power.
The Unity Masks (not golden): Ekimu made these masks, so they shouldn’t have runes, however he could have added them for the sole reason he wanted to make replicas of the golden varients.
The Skull Masks: These masks have no power of their own, so they shouldn’t even have runes either way.
The Creature heads: These aren’t even masks, but they still have runes… so what gives? I still have yet to actually think this through, but maybe the masks with runes draw their power from Okoto itself? Dunno, I still need to think about this one a little bit more.

9 Likes

This actually isn’t that much compared to other Lego lines… Most Ninjago waves have to be $500+

I still want to buy doubles for Makuta tho.

6 Likes

(Some of this is head-cannon)
How about this:

Whoever made the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control used runes, an old technique. My guess is that this same person used the runes to create the Creatures and the Golden Masks of Unity.

Then, Ekimu and Makuta discovered the way to use the Creatures’ crystals to make a new form of mask.

Maybe there was an ancient being of light who owned the Mask of Creation? That would explain the Temple of Light under the Forge and the “remains of an ancient shrine.” Also remember, with light comes revelation, so they probably knew what Ekimu’s Masks of Unity for the Toa would look like.

2 Likes