BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I don’t know if you guys have been following Metru Nui Legacy on YouTube, but he released his second episode for his OKOTO ORIGINS stop-motion series.
He is really great at working with Constraction Figures and has obviously put a lot of time and effort into this.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
@Altair
I thought the way the Mask of Ultimate Power was created was clever. It kind of makes sense.
I also like the way he’s using G1 elements as a guide for his story.

15 Likes

Yep, I’ve seen it yesterday, and although it doesn’t exactly follow the canon, I think it’s great anyway.

4 Likes

I’m not currently seeing these anywhere on the site, so I think it must have been a temporary mistake.

Edit: My mistake, I thought you meant the Shop site. They are on the Books site, though why I have no idea.

2 Likes

Eh… Those are exactly the things I’m not a fan of.

1 Like

Saw the second one yesterday, was surprised to hear Meso and Kahi as the voices for Jaller and Takua. The execution of it was absolutely brilliant imo.

2 Likes

I like the tone of the series, especially the fact that it takes itself seriously one step at a time. That said, I do have a few criticisms. The character lines… could be a lot better. They come off as pretty cheesy at the moment. I’m also not too sure about the voice acting for Narmoto and a few other characters. I think there could be a lot more emotion put into the voices, as well as style. Those are my only major criticisms though, it seems pretty solid for what it is so far.

Meanwhile Facebook bionicle finally had an update

https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15370064_1793643174210091_7716535823232714987_o.jpg?oh=8342aa9466436e281f2c7bd8023469bf&oe=58FA4301

18 Likes

Only took them until the last month of the year. :wink:
I do like seeing the design process for what it’s worth tho.

Also, all the whiny comments on that post are super cringey. They really don’t understand how a business works and operates. You don’t make a product and mass produce it unless you know you’ll get more than the money you put into it back. The amount of people buying a concept artbook for G2 would be a niche market, from a niche market. All the people begging LEGO to release one because “it would make you a great profit, don’t you want my money?” don’t know what they’re even talking about.

10 Likes

I’ve watched it early yesterday Morning and I gotta say I am impressed by the quality of the project, especially the well made stop motion and the awesome background effects.

Looking a very interesting and detailed concept art, can’t wait to see more of it.

3 Likes

Oh sweet, they have steps. Thing is, I usually keep my lines.

To be perfectly honest the only thing that series has going for it are the visuals. The rest is kind of generic.

4 Likes

You gotta admit, they’re pretty great visuals :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I know, but that’s the only thing the series has going for it.

3 Likes

I found something.

Is this new to just me? Or has no one else seen this?

We’ve known about this for about half a year now, so the former.

11 Likes

Yeah that’s really old news.

4 Likes

Here be a demo reel for Frima Studios, who also happens to own Volta. Bionicle is featured at 0:50 but I want to bring to attention the scene before that, at 0:42, featuring a robotic humanoid reenacting a familiar scene with some pretty similar enemies. Perhaps, this was a visual style test before the Toa JtO designs were fully realized, who knows?

19 Likes

thats really interesting. i wonder what it is. if its like what you said or what not

1 Like

I can guarantee you’re correct that this was a preliminary animation for BIONICLE. The figure is probably a placeholder model for Tahu, as he’s seen fighting skullspiders with swords, then boarding off a volcano on one of those swords and finally landing in the location that Tahu was in in the first teaser image we got for Journey to One.

Great find, I love this kind of stuff.

21 Likes

For a moment I thought that was supposed to be Gen 2 Takanuva. Colorscheme wise, he would fit perfectly and imo he looks much better than Blue Ekimu.

4 Likes