BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I find it funny that Tahu’s review was more or less negative while Ketar’s review (that was from another guy Ik) it’s kinda very positive. By the way, objective reviews make a lot of sense about to know what the sets offer and their overall pros and cons. But if I were to make a review it would have been extremely subjective. After all I wouldn’t complain about no-moving elbows/knees in 2001-2002 Toa or the unproportioned Rahkshi arms in comparison to their legs. And I’m watching these reviews just to see the sets, listening what people have to say but without caring too much.

[quote=“Sydorack, post:4316, topic:15529, full:true”]
I think DV’s review is very very fair, and this is coming from someone who loves the 2016 tahu. He very fairly rated the various pieces and design aspects of the set. He also stated what he did and did not like about it. That’s what a review is supposed to do, give an objective and subjective look at the item being reviewed.
[/quote] Sure I have no problem with that review, I didn’t find it even that negative, I was just answering Tarvaax.

4 Likes

I think DV’s review is very very fair, and this is coming from someone who loves the 2016 tahu. He very fairly rated the various pieces and design aspects of the set. He also stated what he did and did not like about it. That’s what a review is supposed to do, give an objective and subjective look at the item being reviewed.

5 Likes

I’m gonna get 2016 Tahu for 2 things, The 3 length axles with stoppers, because I have 4 length ones cut down on Kardymis’ shoulders. And the 6 length red shells, for Kardymis’ upper legs…

A french dude on Youtube has got some of the sets early

ehhh
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tormentalous/23810475932/in/photostream/
since when narmoto has elbows and long legs?

1 Like

Since the animations;

Guessing he was originally going to have longer arms and legs, but they realised that would make him too similar to the rest so decided against it.

6 Likes

In the end they are almost, almost clone sets. This is why the creatures are better in almost every way.

2 Likes

Link?

was it loosertribe?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Goarden/videos

2 Likes

That one! He reviews Tahu, Ikir, Onua, Gali, Pohatu, Umarak and Uxar.

Holy crap I want that graphic novel…

Been searching around for 2016 sets. Nothing yet. My area is really goody-two-shoes and has never put them up early, but I keep looking in vain hope…But I should have a funny ToysRUs experience video coming out soon…

So, how cannon is that Mask of Time in the graphic novel? Because it pretty much is the Vahi, half-mask and all. Nothing to answer the “Half-mask” mystery from Comic Con last year. Plus, if it somehow comes put in set form (I find it unlikely in the first three years), then how is it going to attach to the heads? Visualizing it, it’s an odd connection from what we have now.

Wow, the Gali gold mask looks gorgeous. And Pohatu looks great, I’m liking the tan more than in first impressions. Meh, the sliver Vorox should have been tan like Ketar’s but meh, he rocks! And Gali waters!..ok sorry

3 Likes

I will buy umarak instead of gali MoW, but ill remove the swivel function
so 4 creatures and umarak, its going to be a good year (plz family give me ma money)

1 Like

How will you remove it? The swivel is integrated in the torso (unless you mean taking off the gear on the rear)

1 Like

You don’t like the gearfunction?
And now while we are at it…what do you guys like more?
Gearbox or waist punch (patent pending =P)

Btw I like Waist punch more. The gearbox didn’t work for me in some sets, not enough friction cough Kulta cough. Also Waist punch makes up for loevly poseabilty.

well I dont like how a gear is sticking out of his butt, ill just remove the gear

1 Like

Pohatu’s unity form reminds me of the Iron Giant in a way.

5 Likes

Man I can’t wait for jangbricks to review these sets those are the only ones that I’m going to watch.
and recent reviews offcourse <3

5 Likes

yeah I love jangbricks videos, those “click” sounds… oh god Im weak…

5 Likes

:hearts:

11 Likes