BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

@BlueCel I’m hoping that we get a new head and eyestalk design at some point, because the current one just doesn’t let light pass through well at all, long eystalk OR short.

3 Likes

I am now in possession of every single G2 set released so far.

HAPPY NEW YEARS

I CAN FEEL THE POWER

8 Likes

I’ll be that guy.

Including the trans-blue gali mask?

3 Likes

OK no. Maybe not. But I do have the clear NYCC tahu mask.

3 Likes

ketar is aweful. pohatu is meh. their combiner is aweful. not a good first impression

You thought Pohatu would be a good first set? lol…

@Tarvaax no thats why i bought them, to get the crappy sets out of the way so i can enjoy the rest. pohatu was better than i thought he would be, ketar is probably the worst lego set ive ever seen in my entire life. i couldnt believe how aweful he is. i cant wait for lewa and tahu, im saving the best for last. kopaka im super hyped for as well

1 Like

I like Ketar. He’s my second fave so far.

you only have two sets so far dont you? @Hells_Sapper

Err… technically no. A friend of mine got the sets the 27th, and I fiddled around with Ketar, and I like him more than the others. I myself dont have any yet of 2016.

@Hells_Sapper yeah i got them the same day, thats a funny coincidence. toys r us in my region released them pretty early, i was surprised to see all the 2016 sets there, but i managed to pick those two up knowing they would be terrible. i really didnt like them that much, i even wrote a review on pohatu on lego.com

it didnt get posted yet

I finished my collection of 2016 sets today with Terak. I have a question for anyone else who has terak.

The feet included in mine are slight mismolded. The bottoms of the feet don’t sit flat on a surface and they wobble back and forth. They were definitely molded a little off, but my ikir and my melum both have a good set of feet. Does anyone else have this issue with their terak?

The only two reasons I don’t hate ketar is because:

I generally like arachnids
And
He reminds me a lot from G1 rahi, and his function is neat IMO just wishe he had more friction and I would rate him 7.7/10

Yes I am that precise as far as rating goes kek

Then again I don’t hate any 2016 set, I like all of em because…inner child

2 Likes

I feel like that would fix the set for me. Better color distribution would also help.

Ketar having a gunmetal torso didn’t make much sense.

3 Likes

I just built tahu and I am ecstatic about how awesome he is. He’s a more than solid set and compares well with his 2015 version, which was like, my favorite thing ever. I just love this new tahu and I will argue against any complaints about him.

2 Likes

Yo, since you have Ketar is there any mod that could add friction? Like anything simple without rebuilding the thing entirely? or do you think it is frictionless for good?

Hmm… Well, I’m usually not a guy who mods sets, so I really don’t have any ideas. I can say trying to fix the looseness would probably involve modding a majority of the set. I dunno, maybe someone else could do an effective one without doing much, but the way Terak has the gears connected, it is quite loose.

3 Likes

So I went out and got some sets today, so here are my thoughts after having them.

Onua: Since 2001, Onua’s kinda gotten the short end of the stick. He’s always been the Toa with the least amount of development, and his sets have always been kinda subpar. In 2001, he was hunched over, in 2002, he got T-Rex arms, in 2008 he was just bleh, and in 2015, he was literally a gorilla. This year however, he is not a hunchback. he is not a dinosaur. he is not an ape. He is a king. I can say with 100% confidence that Onua 2016 is my favorite Lego set of all time. it’s perfect. From his incredible hammer to his perfect distribution of colors (pins nonwithstanding), Even next to Kopaka (who’s about two studs taller), he looks like a hulking giant.This is Lego at its finest.

Kopaka & Melum: I like Kopaka a lot more than I expected to. I honestly don’t mind the gold on him. I should, but I don’t . His sword looks a heck of a lot better in person, and I honestly love his mask. It’s a perfect reinterpretation of the Akaku Nuva. Now, I’m not a fan of his arms. This is my thing about 2016. occasionally, one of these sets won’t have a cohesive look. They look like action figures, in that you can tell that the arms and torso aren’t part of the same thing. I get what they were going for, but it just doesn’t work. Melum’s not really worth talking about in detail. he exists, so I guess there’s that.

Lewa: I was not a fan of him based on what I saw online. I thought he looked ridiculous. Holding him, however, I realize one thing. Lego has no idea how to pose him. Because he can look really, really cool when you pose him right. So that’s something. Another thing is his weapons. Now, I HATE the 2016 blade piece. I think it’s ugly and awkward looking. But on Lewa, it resembles feathers, which ties into my next point. This set is not a Toa of Jungle. This is a Toa of Air. Everything about him just embodies air. from the constant bird-like appearance of his arms to the feathery, wispy, appearance of his chest printing, he is air. Now, it’s not all good. His mask is a bit weird, and his legs look awkward,

Uxar: He’s nice. He reminds me a lot of Gukko birds, but he’s definitely his own little insect thing. He looks good on Lewa, and he’s a lot of fun to fly around. and that’s pretty much that.

Umarak: The set is good. legs are a bit gappy, but I don’t really mind. I love that he has a sword attached to his side. it’s a nice detail that really wasn’t necessary. I also love that you can turn his shoulderpads into a shadowtrap. Unfortunately, there is something included that’s not so nice. The Mask of Control. Now, it looks great. on its own. But put it on a figure, and it looks awful, since the mask doesn’t actually cover the face.

Anyway, these were my thoughts.

3 Likes

Oh ok, thanks though! But meh, I won’t mod it anyway.

If anything, this is the first set I want to mod. His unity is practically useless for Pohatu, since all it really does is defend his face or whatever.

2 Likes