BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

im surprised that the bionicle website hasn’t been updated yet . .

also @Sydorack i haven’t got any of the 2016 sets yet , but when i got 2015 tahu this piece

was molded really badly and there were all little bubbles in it and it really bad quality for a lego piece :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I dont know why you are. They only update these sites so soon after Jan 1st when it’s a special year for that theme. Nexo knights is still a teaser site, see.

Now if only that site with the yellow character would update Oh wait

Anyone who has a good amount of the new sets. Is this year really worth my money (I only have £150 to spend on LEGO) or should I invest in Nexo knights instead, and buy all of Bionicle next year? I have a few hours to decide, then I’m driving out to my nearest LEGO store, which is hours away.

It is this year. The small Toa are the price of the protectors last year.

4 Likes

UK isn’t cheaper, relatively speaking in the economy there perhaps. But 15£ is way more than 15$

■■■■ Tahu looks amazing, just add Ikir on his back and he’s a phoenix god.

1 Like

with the new sets the old set’s prices are falling

they should have made it before I ordered anything…

1 Like

The head piece and eyestalk are good. What we really need is NEW feet molds and NEW hand molds! Come on Lego make it happen!

Currently we are waiting for:

• Offical site upgrade
  • Netflix series trailer
  • Bionicle 2016 CGI commercial
  • Bionicle app update

And some more offical images about the sets on the Bionicle Facebook page

2 Likes

@Ekimu And Month of Water, I’ve been waiting for ages to see some new Gali art lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, but why do you think that Ketar is the worst set ever? You need reasoning to have a better opinion. (By the way, Kopaka is awesome he’s the only set I have and I think it has really cool functions and the Model is really stable and strong.)

Just looks too smooth and rounded for me, to represent either of the versions of Makuta. The face somewhat appears menacing but the Viking style doesn’t work with him here because his shoulders are pointier than his helmet…

The Lego site rarely updates on a weekend, chances are it’ll be Monday or Tuesday earliest before we see an update. I’d suspect they will also unveil a trailer for the Netflix series given the 2016 sets are now available.

May get one or two of the old sets just for spare pieces.

Indeed they are :3

And thus i find another reviewer i like

Honestly Ekimu looks better with that then Tahu does. Would change the shoulders so they have the spikes upwards though.

Never thought of him that way, though now you mention it, can kind of see it.

I’m expecting Ekimu to have the lower half while Umarak The Destroyer will have the upper half. The lower half will probably be a G1 inspired while the upper half will probably be similar to the creature masks in that it is large and doesn’t attach as much as slips over the head.

• Official site upgrade should happen sometime this week
  • Netflix Series trailer I’m expecting them to reveal with the site update
  • CGI trailer if we get one should be around mid January or shortly after the update
  • App update for the winter 2016 story, if it happens, probably wont be until February or March

I think this was intended to be the ‘Month Of Water’ but they revealed it without announcing it as such;

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/11694958_1610380692536341_5506976930445456417_n.jpg?oh=a75ab377fc3555088b1fb530dc00b5b7&oe=5710DD19

4 Likes

if that was the month of water’s art the others toa should be there

Agreed. my reasoning comes from the symbol, focus on Gali and creatures being shown. Maybe they just didn’t have a Gali wallpaper… or maybe we’ll get it in January. Though i think they were going to round things off with Kopaka. Maybe we’ll get a Gali month image with Akida (given the lateness)

Though yeah, you are right, the other months do have the rest of the Toa. Just seems badly organised in that we get the 2015 version of Gali in 2016 for a month of water, rather than doing it in 2015.

2 Likes

That is very true. In month pictures, all the other Toa are present.

2 Likes

Um the other toa can’t breath underwater…

1 Like

who said it needs to be underwater

maybe they are on a boat like in MNOG, or they found a way to breath underwater

4 Likes

Pohatu must be the sand castle champion of Okoto, with that sand version of the Mask maker forge building.

2 Likes

Well since it was Gali’s element. And I think that first they didn’t decided yet if they should add the rest of the Toa in the later pictures so for first they just showed Gali.

4 Likes

So for anyone who has them, what do you think of Lewa and Kopaka? which one is worth getting sooner, Kopaka and Melum, or Lewa and Uxar?

New from Bionicle, each set sold separately! (Except Kopaka and Melum, duh…)

Wait, what?

1 Like

Ask your parents permission before going online

1 Like

man im sure my parents would be mad if i went to lego .com with no permission

2 Likes