BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

It is done guys, now I just need to pay up and hope the package telleport safely 100 km to my door step in 3-4 day. Im gonna MOC the hell out of Tahu and Gali then.

I have discovered BrickLink…, teh is beatifull site to buy stuff, my future goal on that site is to get possible mocing parts for the 2017 set that has the Mask of Ultimate Power and then after that to buy the original Tahu and Gali Mata, maybe even Toa Vakama.

I feel so positive now, there is still hope for me to have what I always wanted from Bionicle. (Yes, Im that much of an online buyer newbie, I accept it as a fact…still I have pondered over 4 hours and analyzing the seller, his demands, and the overal cost of everything. Trust me, Im a Taurus, money handling is a big deal for me.)

“Now there is no turning back, let the future begin.”

First I was like let me buy just this torso for Tahu since his regular one is so generic and makes his torso even smaller than it is…then I got 75 other different parts.

Fun Fact, that six pack area on the Brain Attack torso looks awfully like a Skull Spider body detail.

3 Likes

If you are in the U.S, you should check out the shop Lion’s Den… 11,379 Bionicle parts, 400+ masks, and greebly amounts of CCBS. Not to mention lots of cheap sets.

######BrickLink - Bricklink

2 Likes

Dat quote tho.

Anyway glad you are ordering online @TeslaEffect hope you have fun corrupting modding your sets!

Anyway, what shadow trap do you guys like the best? My two personal faves are the water and stone one, oh! But the ice one is godly!..sigh why U do this Kopaka

3 Likes

Meh…? Success?

A good majority of the Toas’ characteristics from 2015 have been lost, and some problems have been increased. Lewa’s head sure can move this time around, but his arms are Mata-awful, along with his hand knees, and the color scheme is bland with the silver/grey and (trans)green (the yellow is too little). Onua seems nice, but he has lost his stocky-ape look, not being continuous with his first appearance in G2.
Among other things I don’t have and have seen, Tahu’s texture’s being too conflicted, Pohuta’s train wreck of a color scheme, the loss of femininity for Gali, and Kopaka slimming down with the “head held high, chest puffed up” look. Certain parts feel spammed onto the Toa, making no sense at all (sorta making it feel like Hero Factory). The new torso system is inconsistently tight (my ears!) and loose. We get three new things to pick at: a CCBS add-on that is interesting, but rather oddly textured going from mechanical to crystallized, a classic Bionicle armor piece that feels a little to mechanically and wide, and then, what I view as, an Inika torso, but worse. Oh, and the weapon piece spam for five out of six Toa.

That said, there is some success. The smaller sets are superior to the protectors, and are far more unique. They have decent color schemes overall, cool designs, and a variety of functions. We get the Unity function, which a lot of peeps like. Sure, some aren’t the best. but it ties the smaller sets to the bigger sets more, giving them a function. And as someone has shown here, it’s fun mixing the creatures with other Toa. And although the Toa do fail in some things, they do bring in some new characteristics. Lewa feels far more leaf-like with his Vorox armor on him, along with that add-on. Tahu’s and Onua’s shoulder pauldrons feel like feathers to me, fitting well with the animal theme. Tahu looks like a Phoenix King, and Onua, besides his length change, seems like an overall more towering and improved Onua, like the animations. Their weapons fit them. Gali has a spear with a forked end on it, Pohuta has a wastelander like weapon, a flail and a spear, Lewa’s tonfa’s being a much lighter and quicker weapon set, Tahu continuing with his large offensive weapons, Onua’s glorious hammer drill, and Kopaka, while a tad too different, could do some calculating blows with his melee/ranged weaponry. Ooh, and the Vorox armor does add some old G1 one back. I think that is a good part of it.

But yer. I ranted. Perhaps someone will see my point?

3 Likes

My precious new pieces.

They all look cute to me. The Red and Umarak one seems to most meh to me (only cause it uses similar legs as the Skull Spiders had, also whats with the Fire one having different coloured eye, why you be inconsistent). The sand one has cute little legs and tail-amabob. The Earth one seems the most how a regular trap would look like, and those little drills will shatter the heavens and fight the Toa Powah! The Jungle one looks like a nature spirit, or something straight from a Ghibli movie. The Water one is just pure awesome and if there was such a thing as a leader of the group, it would be it.

So I agree, the Stone and Water ones are also my favourites.

3 Likes

Basically where i get all my bonkle stuff from. Lions den is cool.

1 Like

The air (sorry not sorry) shadow trap loos like a daddy long legs spider, so cute! But the water one looks even more like one so yeah, I absolutely agree with you.

2 Likes

The Water one looks like a Water NOPE.

3 Likes

Woo I love those spiders! I have a strong bias toward arachnid builds, but sadly G2 treats most of em like garbage. Still like ketar though.

1 Like

LEGO doesnt know how many legs a spider has.

“Its fine, its an alien spider.”

(I smak the invisibruu man.)

“It still hurts my sense for accuracy.”

PS: This is the Stone one.

“Can I haz your creature, Potato?”

PSS: I can see why @Viper had once had a crush on Tahu…

Why you be so hot, Tahu?

6 Likes

No.
I refuse to accept that pun.

On a side note, Umarak should be arriving Friday.

5 Likes

Wow, the more you know~

I wonder if any other members had or have crushes on toa…hmm…

Anyway back on topic. I think Kopaka has my favorite custom build, specially the arms.

1 Like

Im starting to appreciate the 2016 Toa a lot more as more and more better reviews come for them.

3 Likes

I may or may not have named mine… and given them all specific powers…
Well I did, and now I’m gonna share them coz headcanon stuff.

Umarak’s (Gave it a green eye) is the Alpha unit and is the only one of its kind. It can control shadow traps and weak minded animals.

Red one is the Beta variant. He can only control shadow traps as well as borrow their powers. Good stuff.

Ketar’s is the Gamma variant. It has a venomous “tail” and can camouflage. Oh, and by venomous, I mean if you step on that, the poisons actually break unity instantly because of how severe the pain is.

Uxar’s is the Delta variant. Those lil vine feet things? Yeah they can stretch up to thirty feet.

Akida’s is the Epsilon variant. It can swim fast.

and has a tractor beam, but that’s boring right?

And finally, Terak’s is the Omega variant. It really only serves as a transport unit for other traps, but if it sees a creature, those drills can double as missiles. Because reasons.

Melum’s was named Sigma, but the metal always froze up in the cold, so Umarak went after Melum himself.

8 Likes

Well, I mean, the BZpower reviews didn’t give the new Toa justice.

8 Likes

Excuse me while I take your headcanon with me, it’s just great!

And yeah, the BZP reviews took a lot of…mediocre pics of the toa, specially Gali.

5 Likes

Steal all the headcanons!

5 Likes

I don’t know if you guys have discussed about this but… the problem with Tahu having so few mata red armor pieces and so much gold and translucent orange/red is that the isn’t a problem when he is wearing his gold mask, because it blends in very nicely. But when he’s wearing his “normal” mask then it looks out of place because the silver is awfull and the red seem just so much mroe darker. In MY opinion his gold mask would look out of place if he would have more mata red pieces.

I see it now more as an evolution of fire itself.

Red fire is the has a lower temperature than yellow fire, blue fire is the most purest and hottest…which tahu is slowly going towards as seen by his ankles.

Also stars that are a lot hotter, they go from red, to orange, to yellow, to Blue.

That being said, Tahus pectorial muscles and his six backs are so hot that they are the equivalent of a Type O Hypergiant Star. Now thats freaking metal LEGO, Well Played.

He truly is Type Omega Tahu

9 Likes

I like the silver on the Toa’s masks. It’s like the Nuva when they got their elemental power drained. They probably have to save the creatures in order to get more power to defeat Umarak.

4 Likes