BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I don’t see why people are so worried aboit them going back. While textures might be an issue this year, the build is clearly not. And most people seem to look at the build as one of the best pros. So if lego listens to us (which in fact they do) there is no reason to worry. Constraction figures are at it’s peak right now.

And cmon give the designers of the site a break. They stated it glitched or something and they are working on it.

1 Like

I kind of want a blend between 2015 and 2016 in terms of textures, somewhere in the middle. In fact the amount of textures isn’t the problem, it’s the fact that some don’t look cohesive. Though this doesn’t bother me and it feels like a perfect throwback to the originals, in my opinion.

@BlueCel is this the bionicle website we are talking about?
Ah, ok. The site doesn’t bother other than the lack of new information but that’s cos we don’t really have anything. They will probably put up bios when the show starts

Yes, I am talking about the website. Regardless be patient brothers and sisters kek I’m sure they will set it up properly in no time.

1 Like

How do you edit someones post if it is a double post?

Umm I think only mods can do that lel

I’m not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but why is the fire shadow trap the only one with a blue eye? It might just be random, but I feel that there’s more than meets the eye.

@Bluecel Perhaps we’ll get Kopaka’s shadow trap in a polybag?

@GK733 Who knows! that would be pretty funny :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Probably cause Tahu was the only one with blue eyes in 2015 so to match. I know Kopaka had them too but boo hoo no shadow trap for him.

1 Like

It’s a traitor and will bite Umarak in his butt.

Perhaps we will, but even if we did I would feel scammed. I mean cmon, it should have been in the set.

And no fun thanks. I’d rather have a bloodthirsty villain than a cartoon of him.

3 Likes

If they do it right it could work I guess. I don’t mind the exclusion of the shadow trap that much, because I think they are pretty silly to begin with. It doesn’t really work for me, though they are interesting pieces.

BUT I do think it should have been included.

Imo, the shadow traps are better in design and overall concept than Skull Spiders. For one they are unique, have a better function (which sadly not one single reviwer has put a creatures feet inside it to see if it works like you know…a bear trap. @Eljay please? You’re the last hope) and they actually look menacing. I mean toyish or not they are still deadly things if they work like normal bear traps.

The only problem I have with the shadow traps is that we dont get more of them. With the skull spiders you got 12 (if you got all the sets) but with the traps you only get 5, 6 of your counting umaraks…but I dont count his.

4 Likes

The skull spiders weren’t that great, sure they could go on the other heads but they were just measly as enemies, even in large numbers. I found it strange the protectors were scared enough to summon the toa but we see them take out large numbers of skull spiders with ease

There are only 6 protectors though. There are several villages per a region. The protectors cant be everywhere at once :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my whole point. The ST’s surpass them in every way…except army building. Seriously cmon, the only way to decently army build em is bricklink

Okay so I received all the new sets today, and I have completed all but Akida and Umarak witch will be done soon, I’m sure.

After a few very minor modifications on the Toa (such as lengthening the arms) and have come to the conclusion that visually they are absolutely outstanding!

They are some much more interesting to look at than the 2015(which are my favorites bare in mind), especially when you get them all together as a team. The amount of trans pieces on the sets really makes them look pretty striking when standing together, and the Technic looking parts are no way near as bad as I thought they were going to be(I actually really like them).

Of course, they are not without their flaws. Increasing the size of the limbs is pretty easy, but poseability it something is definitely hard to fix, without changing the over all look of the set. It was something that took an unexpected downgrade for this year. Some poses look awkward and some are just flat out impossible. It is a shame, but I imagine depending on what you want out of a set would determine how much it impacts the set.

3 Likes

Terribad Lava beast head art.

I picture them as mechanical.

2 Likes

I agree that the shadow traps are more original, it just feels like an odd enemy because they are ‘living’ traps.

@MakutaAhkmou Yeah that could work I think :slight_smile:

1 Like