BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

I’d love to see the Toa try to fight Umarak in their 2015 forms, end up failing, and then try again in their 2016 forms, but still not be able to, then once again, with the creatures try and defeat him, but Lewa being Lewa, just runs out rashly, and Umarak immediately uses that to his advantage and skillfully pulls his mask off (forcing Lewa and Uxar to separate the moment it happens) and puts the Mask of Control on in order to force Uxar to unite with him, then he just DESTROYS the Toa and sneaks away while they’re barely hanging on for dear life. They wake up in some old hut in the middle of nowhere with a wise and humble Makuta making them like… Okotoan Tea or Coffee, and the story just flips on its head, with Makuta having learned from his mistake as soon as he put on the MoUP. When his brother knocked it off, and he saw what he believed to be his corpse, he ran away ashamed of himself and emotionally devastated at all the destruction that he accidentally caused. That’s where you learn that someone was just using Makuta’s images as a decoy. XD

In the end, someone else has been pulling the strings, and using Makuta’s awful reputation to further their own goals, and Makuta gets to be like… BIONICLE’s Iroh while Ekimu is like BIONICLE’s Ben Kenobi.

9 Likes

This is what I think as well. Considering there isn’t any Bionicle related content in my country besides the actual sets(never owned any books/comics etc because they were never available) I fear Netflix in my country won’t even have the series.

That would actually work since the Okotoans seem to stress how they only believe that Makuta’s the one calling the shots. Umarak could’ve been the one controlling Skull Grinder (having mystical shadow powers). Makuta being in the sky could just be made to make us believe that he’s in charge, further increasing the impact of surprise it would have on us when his true nature is revealed. Plus, on the box art, Umarak is shooting at a pair of hands reaching for the MoCo, and i’m willing to bet that’s Makuta’s.

Makuta might have fought Umarak in the past; awoken when Umarak stole his mask (Makuta having a mental link with the MoCo) and hid the mask in the maze when he had the chance.

5 Likes

What are those trans-clear pieces on Gali’s left thigh?
Must be really new.

1 Like

so close

22 Likes

12 Likes

rest peacely

@Rockho Oh c’mon man. Don’t be mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Makuta turning good, huh?
So in G1 we had Makuta Teridax, while in G2 we have Makuta Garmadon.

I belive Umarak will meet the Toa while they are all looking for one of the creatures.
He traps the creature and tries to absorb it. However one of the Toa (probably Kopaka) “steals” the creature from him and manages to unite with it.

They begin fighting and Umarak seems to be about to win. During the fight the hunter hears the Toa talking about the Mask of Control.
He sees the mask as a way to easily absorb of all the creatures and flees.

The race to get the Mask of Control begins.
When the Toa (all in their united form) arrive in front of the mask shrine they see Umarak is already there and is about to put the MoCo on.

As Umarak puts the legendary mask on, the creatures are ripped from the Toa body and they dissolve in pure energy which flows inside the hunter’s body.

The first half of the year concludes as Umarak becomes The Destroyer and wrecks the Uniters.

@Tarvaax oooh. Now I get what you meant.

@Omega Not at all what I was implying. Read it all again. :stuck_out_tongue:

The point is, Makuta was NEVER evil. He got jealous, made a mask to prove to Ekimu and everyone else that he was a great mask maker, went out to test it with his brother supervising because Ekimu doesn’t think it’s a good idea but he agrees to let Makuta do it anyway despite the promise they made because he loves his brother, everything goes wrong, Ekimu knocks the mask off, goes unconscious, and Makuta wakes up and sees everything he accidentally did and thinks his brother is dead, so he runs away broken and devastated

10 Likes

I know, but they need to learn to respect the dead :stuck_out_tongue:

It just wasn’t a measly promise; it was a sacred law. Ekimu would never approve of this and likely wasn’t supervising.

Wait, but why was Makuta awake? The shockwave knocked out Ekimu after he knocked the mask off. And MAKUTA WAS WEARING THE MASK. He was hit in the face with a hammer, causing a huge shockwave, as well as having the mask of ultimate power take him over.

Makuta is prolly worse for wear then Ekimu.

Lego, let alone BIONICLE never respected the dead.

The thing is that Lego puts stuff up on a decoy server/site to prevent these kind of errors, so this is telling me that they must be trying to fix these errors as fast as possible due to the complaints.

2 Likes

Was Makuta even wearing the MoCo at the time? Or did he just have it on him and it got blasted as well? Or did the Protectors and/or Creatures hide it?

Hello, alucinor here this is a review of the entire wave, which persists of build, color schemes, and concept. So without further ado, let’s begin.

2016-
Build-
I personally find the torso to be too long causing sets, such as lewa, to have, or appear to have, short limbs. Yet I personally do enjoy the posing the waist, especially with umarak and other characters to that effect. Now moving onto the unity forms, I enjoy the fact that the functions of both characters do not hinder each other, they are very much in unison, I also enjoy the fact that any creature can combine with any Toa, as well as umarak. Now I just want to say something about umarak, he has a function hidden in his armor, his shoulder pads and claws into a shadow trap

Color scheme-
The color scheme on all of the characters is consistent for the most part, and they look like a team when put next to each other, yet I have one complaint, silver creature masks, the color of the mask goes from gold to silver to a translucent color, which bothers me personally.

Concept-
I love the concept of unity with the creatures, I also think the creature and toa’s mask fitting together is amazing and displays unity very well, the cohesion of creature and Toa is beautiful.

1 Like

Not necessarily, Makuta may have had his path blocked by a huge rock or something and not gone as far, whilst Ekimu went flying and tumbling everywhere so he suffered more damage
@Tarvaax neat idea, it’d be cool if Makuta wasn’t really a bad guy
@Rockho people do worse things for siblings than they would in another situation, plus it was a vow they made. There are cases of people murdering to protect their siblings and when their friends find out they are shocked

1 Like

We know the creatures hid the mask of control in the labyrinth, so I am not sure if he had it with him when the fight with Ekimu happened.

No we don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

All we know is that it’s there

Pretty sure it said so in the Lego magazine.

but then again, that was the Lego magazine.

Besides, if this was on cable you’d still have to pay for it anyways, wouldn’t they? The hatred for it being on Netflix is ridiculous.

Lego needs to generate SOME money for a show, guys.

Ugh, I hate purgatory theories. You can go along enjoying them, I just don’t like them one bit. They just feel so easy to make.

4 Likes