BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Is he the chronicler?

Or get a lottery ticket. I am really excited for the show, mostly because I love the animation they put into it.

3 Likes

One detail I love about the TJTO trailer is that Tahu is riding a rock slab across the lava, just like in his 2001 commercial. That small detail made my day.

And I absolutely love the art style; it gives BIONICLE it’s own, unique look to set it apart from other LEGO themes. I was a bit concerned that it would look really awkward and cheap, but it honestly looks amazing for the most part. :slight_smile:

My only concern, however, is that TJTO will cover both the winter 2016 AND summer 2016 story. It seems like it would be too much story content to jam into 88 minutes, especially if we wanted any world-building. :confused:

13 Likes

Well there is always the books, and fan theories and there own versions

And by that I mean I am working on a script that covers first half of 2015, but will not produce the film until I mastered stop motion, jajaja, that self promotion. (no en cines)

Anyway, I am looking forward to the show it really seams to be good, and as always, I wish to know who is going to be the ones that makes the spanish dub

3 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that the Toa will have no chill time in the villages, or even time to bond with Ekimu.

If it really does cover both waves, then the episodes will be:

#1: Find creatures
#2: Chase Umarak
#3: Attempt to defeat the destroyer
#4: The destroyer is defeated

3 Likes

Hmm…

Seeing as Netflix normally releases entire seasons of shows at a time, this could end up being the first season, with the first episode being a recap, the second having the Toa find the creatures, the third with them chasing and fighting Umarak, and the last ends with Umarak becoming his destroyer version. (Kinda like the game) And then the second season has the Toa fighting to defeat Umarak, and take back Okoto and its elements.

(I am most likely insane)

But if this was the entire year summed up in four episodes, would it not make sense for Lego to release it in pairs? Lego normally makes their shows showcase the current sets, not the future or past ones. (See Chima and Ninjago) Chima had its first season put on hold after the first few episodes, as to promote the current sets and wait for the summer wave to release the rest of the episodes.

1 Like

Wait, is it confirmed to cover the summer wave too? I didn’t think it would.

No, it’s just speculation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Doubt so, from what we know (if we count the comics as canon) the show will end with Umarak becoming UTD.

That’s what I thought, and then another season would start with Umarak the Destroyer.

3 Likes

That’s kind of the reason I think they are splitting the waves coverage as paired episodes, they have the ending scene (or at least stills of it) already produced. That would mean they have 4 episodes ready opposed to the more likely two. Another thing to consider is the footage from Tahu’s video. That is most definitely finalized material and it already covers the important things like Tahu entering the maze, uniting with Ikir, and fighting Umarak. Story Elements that should be around the first half. Granted, anything is possible and I would welcome more episodes.

Indeed. Which would be interesting to see four episodes with the Toa fighting him.

If we count JTO as a big movie in general, JTO is by far the most extensive animated media of bionicle to date.
Considering that each episode is 22 minutes (correct me if I’m wrong) it is about 88 minutes total. While the longest bionicle movie was 75 minutes long. Not only does this show that the show has a ton of effort put into it, but it also shows that it is likeley to be filled with lore and a lot of neat stuff Tahu uniter of muscle mass, keep flexing tahu!

1 Like

Well the beasts from the leaks are real and this description is proof

We know. That’s been discussed already
I’m glad someone can write a good review

4 Likes

I have no idea what you’re replying to, but something tells me you’re weeks behind.

1 Like

Conspiracy theory
@bingzakanuva actually works at Lego, and is teasing information to us to seem super awesome.
If that were true, it would be more awesome than dumb luck of guessing.
Or maybe…
@bingzakanuva: Master of predictions.
(Insert quality fanart with effort put into it)
Edit:
Nevermind.
I’m sorry.

@king328 So he’s using his position as a LEGO employee to gain power within the community? He’s eeeeeeviiiiiil.

1 Like

RIH quality fanart topic, you will be missed. :lock:

Anyway no! Don’t ruin my dreams! Bingzakanuva is an Oracle among us.

Seriously now though, he is probably right about us getting more trailers this week, plz Gali tomorrow plz Gali.

Funny thing is I didn’t understand…hue.

He could be uniter of the message boards…
Heh heh…
I’m sorry.

What am I, @BlueCel?
Heh heh…
Sorry, blue.

1 Like