BIONICLE 2016 Discussion Topic

Yay! SB is now a hundred times better! Sprry QB…but that arm just made you worse.

They need to clean their camera lenses…

I’m loving that print more and more

7 Likes

Looks like the eyestalk-trigger theory I brought up long before was correct. It’s great to see that the beast’s jaws can move.

2 Likes

I still hating Ekimu, but well he is better than the last time, dunno why

No. BZP took some photo’s of the sets with the masks off, I guess they took Ekimu’s off when they took a photo of Umarak. They probably decided the photo wasn’t worth sharing or the photo wasn’t worth taking, when they saw there was nothing special about the head.

Massive dissapointment. I was hoping for the first 4 in winter, so we get recap time and start of the quest for the creatures in one episode, quest for the creatures in the 2nd, quest through the labrynth in the third and then the finale, having some time reaching the mask of control and leaving the labrynth when Umarak gets it, then some more in the summer, but that was always unlikely seeing as they only announced 4. I guess we’re gonna have ep1 quest for creatures, ep2race for mask of control, ep3 return to Okoto/beast stuff happens and ep4 battle with the destroyer.

I think the masks leave a larger gap at the top, so when the eye stalk moves it doesn’t push the mask off.

1 Like

gasps He has every nuva symbol on both side of his chest!

6 Likes

that would be a major disappointment imo, and even then there would be no friction besides squeezing friction

This but with the Mask Of Ultimate Power

This ^

This first two episodes in March makes sense as they’ll probably cover most the Winter storyline.

The second two episodes in July is just dumb UNLESS they cover the Summer storyline.

If the entire four episodes are the Winter wave then the release schedule is stupid and honestly is a rather bad move on Lego’s part by releasing the first two episodes in March and then having several months before the concluding two episodes.

7 Likes

It’s only four episodes for this year, not more, not any less. Granted this has been known since the info of the series first came out.

Being overly optimistic can lead to disappointments.
Unlike any other theme, it seems the first year for this new Bionicle was “preparation” or “Beta-testing” and not a proper launch.

Now I really like Ekimu. Lava Beast is the same good and Storm Beast got better. Quake Beast still terrible.

5 Likes

Well, I’m pretty disappointed with the fact we’re only getting two 22 minute episodes for the first half of this year, but whatever.

1 Like

The gearbox seems unnecessary, The super long arm with the blades feels unnecessary, it’s like his/her whole right side is just “unnecessary”

Photo’s from someone who knows how to clean camera lenses :stuck_out_tongue:

#The site/album also has images of virtually everything from NYTF - so go check it out :slight_smile:

13 Likes

And Toyark

Yep, I was right. The hammer is built from the 2008 Makuta connection piece.

3 Likes

Man if I were there I’d freaking pick those bonkle sets up and properly pose them, regardless of the rules.

I can’t see how anyone can look at that and think it’s okay. You’re literally being payed to set everything up and make sure it looks good to investors and other people around the world. Someone needs to find the incompetent guy and like… give him a warning or something?

1 Like

You know, that controled onua mask actually looks good, so now I’ll give a new ratign for the sets.

1.) Umarak, still the best, but the neck connection looks awkward.
2.) SB, love the colors, love the function concept, love the design, not too fond of the arms though.
3.) LB, consistent color scheme, three functions (four counting the mouth yay) but a bit gappy, legs are eh…
3.) Tied with LB Ekimu is actually pretty good now, love the chest printing, the gear function on the back and the MoCr is beautiful. However not a fan at all of the weapons.
4.) QB, horrible, the arm is beyond hideous, the function might be interesting but it looks so bad. The color distibution is the worst though.

3 Likes

Yep, the mask is just hollow enough from the inside, there really isn’t any other explanation.

6 Likes

I figured that what it would be.

Umarak appears to have a black skelly torso on his back as well as the trans lime one on his front. I want it to be trans black, but that’s just hopeful thinking. It might be gunmetal.

2 Likes

…woa i didn’t notice that.
http://i.4cdn.org/toy/1455371818748.jpg
So he has 4 ribcages in total. That’s quite something.

8 Likes