Bionicle 2023?

ayo is that tahu, master of fire?

3 Likes

No Kopaka makes me sad :cry:

He (or even any other Toa for that matter) deserves more love

7 Likes

BentoDraws on Twitter made a drawing of the new set

https://twitter.com/bentodraws/status/1611066028091666432?s=46&t=B7ywA8TpyNZuq5qkM29T7g

9 Likes

how long you think this will become G3.2? becuase Iā€™m down for that

3 Likes

our prayers have been awnsered my friends.
no joke i have not been smiling this much in a while, i am very happy, picking this up day 1

13 Likes

Some scrapped models for the gwp. That Takanuva would have been awesome.

15 Likes

mama miaā€¦
i mean any o these would have been amazing

3 Likes

I think this bit from the article is interesting:

Obviously this isnā€™t a confirmation that there will be more, but itā€™s nice to see that they were at least considering the possibility, even if itā€™s only from the perspective of making it easier for fans to make other characters.

Also, this arm design is super cool:

The double-jointed elbow would be great for poseability.

8 Likes

Waiittttā€¦. They used the HF connector there. I thought they changed the design last year.

3 Likes

The designer probably still had some lying around.

7 Likes

I wouldā€™ve killed for that Takanuvaā€¦

6 Likes

I think we wouldā€™ve enjoyed a good system Takanuva more than a slightly less good Takua and Tahu but beggars canā€™t be choosers
Like i said, iā€™m just happy weā€™re getting a new Bionicle set at all

6 Likes

that takanuva would have been amazing, but I think it might work better to keep to a moc/set prototype area personally. I do really like those toa mata and almost might prefer them to tahu and takua if it werent for the fact that those could almost certainly be built with parts that can already be tracked down without needing any recolors or prints. pretty cool to see their alternate ideas though!

6 Likes

Those concepts looks awesome, but I slightly prefer the official one
Canā€™t wait to get it

4 Likes

why is TTV reviewing a fake leak set

Iā€™m so glad itā€™s real.

15 Likes

Are we going to do some sort of community contest to build every set in G4 style?

5 Likes

you mean G3.5?

2 Likes

FYI; According to Duckbricks, you can get the Tahu by spending $100 on any theme, not just a select few unlicensed themes. Nothingā€™s confirmed yet, however.

(He mentions this at 10:24 and 21:57)

These models look really neat ā€“ unused concepts always intrigue me

9 Likes

I remember going to an actual Lego store a few years back. Looking around and not really seeing anything that spoke to me as a bionicle fan. Except for maybe one ninja go dragon set that looked cool. But when I saw the price was over 100 dollars I said forget it. But now with this new bionicle set I can justify spending that kind of money finally.

8 Likes

My biggest issue with the GWP has always been the head, so I replaced the existing head with the one from the prototype Takanuva model above:

I think this matches the proportions of the original far better, and is less blocky.

(I also made his sword a solid colour, because no iteration of Tahu since the original has properly portrayed his sword as a flame-shaped piece of metal)

6 Likes