Bionicle 2023?

What do we consider GWP Tahu and 90’s of Play Tahu? Bionicle G2.5, G3, or nothing at all. In the unlikely event the 2020’s see’s more Bionicle, how are the rest categorized?

4 Likes

I’d say G3.5 (but also G2.5 also works) sense the the 90 years Tahu was just a small build while this whole GWP is full on Bionicle Referencing everything it can in one Box

5 Likes

Hypothetically if more sets were released in the 2020’s would you consider both G3 fully or would they both forever be stuck with the “.5” beside their designation?

I’d liken 90 years of play Tahu to a Polybag and GWP Tahu an actual set.

The only reason I say Polybag for 90YOP Tahu is because G1 and G2’s Polybags (Polybag in G2’s case) have the closest thing comparable to small Bionicle builds.

6 Likes

ye if there were a bit more in 2020 then maybe guess it feels like a side thing you would see in a full theme if that make sense with how small and stylized it is. I actually do like counting it as a polybad even tho it comes in a BIG Box

3 Likes

I don’t think 90 years of play Tahu and GWP Tahu count as new generations as they both depict g1 Tahu

10 Likes

I don’t think we need labels for these, as they’re both one-off “sets”.

I’d say that, in order for there to be a new “G#”, there needs to be an actual series.

Specifically, a new series. Say that, hypothetically, Lego were to bring back Bionicle with new sets and story that continue the original plotlines, I’d still call that G1.

8 Likes

ye lets say some time in 2027 or whenever bonk comes back in full we arent going to call it G5 lmao

5 Likes

Checked the description of the new Nak & Jay (EP34) and it seems Meso and Eljay consider GWP Tahu G1. Disclosure, I haven’t listened to the full episode yet, if they touch on this further i’ll update this comment.

G1, G2.5, G3, nothing haha, i don’t think we’ll ever be able to decide what GWP Tahu actually is. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see if anything else ever comes out

4 Likes

If we have to pick, I’d just call it G1, as the set depicts G1 characters and backgrounds.

10 Likes

It also uses the G1 version of the logo on the box.

7 Likes

German StoneWars article update, says they learned through a a partner program with the Official Lego Store that the rumors about theme restrictions are supposedly true…

6 Likes

Building instructions are up on LEGO’s page

4 Likes

whelp, guess theres going to be a big uptick in people not spending $100 and just buying sets on bricklink now that they just confirmed theme restrictions. I might just need to buy a ninjago set or something thats due to retire soon and sit on it for value to rise so I can get my money back after ebay fees are taken into account

4 Likes

ah dag-nab it lego…
eh im still gonna get it, i’ve been kinda wanting that monkie kid team hideout set for a while now…

4 Likes

I mean it’s a commemorative 1 off set based on g1. So g1 makes the most sense but I wouldn’t really call it anything besides commemorative.

5 Likes

Just use either mine or Burnets plans to get it for next to nothing

6 Likes

I might try that or I might go to the lego store employees and be like “so if i manage to uhhh “lose” tahu in the mall then come back in five minutes with just this big ninjago set and decide I want to return it y’all will just take $17 off right?”, assuming im actually allowed to do that idk what the return policy is. if i get penguin slushie van then $80 ninjago mech and swap the mech out for $63 of technic that works for me

5 Likes

I would imagine they’d factor in the GWP. But I’m hardly speaking from experience

It seemed like a given to me up until now, but the shop at home website is a viable means to gain a GWP right? I’d like to pin that down before I make any financial commitments

2 Likes

i believe you can order online yeah. but I figure if lego store wont let me return sets I will just go to target nearby. I am fine with them taking the $17 msrp listed for tahu out of the return if it means I get $83 of sets I actually want and a tahu for $100

if they dont want to take return i will threaten to buy mega blocks at target its a foolproof strategy

6 Likes

They’ll be bowing at your feet showering you with GWPs in desperation

4 Likes